Is he finished?

Is he finished?

Attached: image.jpg (750x590, 244K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nybooks.com/daily/2018/03/19/jordan-peterson-and-fascist-mysticism/
youtube.com/watch?v=vsyZcKUP_-k&t=8s
youtube.com/watch?v=YoVXyj0Mb6w&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>directly insulting a PoC (Pajeet of Color)
Dangerous territory. These people are both very stuck-up and very whiny

Damn. People can do this?

He's just getting started.

Attached: 1515467723896.jpg (1000x581, 111K)

Who cares? This isn't a place for "intellectual" celeb quibbles.

boomers cannot by definition by neo-fascists, its a gen x-millenial-gen z pathology.

Did he relapse? Did the bottle win?

Attached: image.jpg (730x613, 268K)

jordan peterson is such a tryhard sometimes. his whole thing about there always being a hint of physical confrontation between men is completely juvenile and screams of inauthentic projection. anyone who has ever been in serious physical confrontation be it in military or sport would laugh at that statement.

Merely evolving. You haven't seen nothin yet friendo

Attached: cleanse your room.png (697x623, 430K)

Who is this Charles person?

Peterson is the cuck's cuck.

>muh jung
>muh neechee
>muh cultural christianity

Wake me when he names the Jew.

How is this piece racist in any way when author is denouncing people from multiple races, including his own, for doing what author thinks Peterson is doing?
nybooks.com/daily/2018/03/19/jordan-peterson-and-fascist-mysticism/

>How is this racist
Sweetie, if you have to ask...

Attached: Intellectually intimidating WoC.gif (245x245, 721K)

>this extreme response to criticism

But I thought free speech was sacred?

Kek'd fucking hard mate

You can't be racist against white people though.
But I'm seriously asking.

He's exercising his free speech by responding extremely, dumbass

The principle of freedom of speech has never meant criticism shouldn't exist. It means government shouldn't control speech, and a lot of people also think private institutions shouldn't censor.
>Sorry for shitting up the board with politics, I saged.

>I'd slap you happily.
How very classical liberal of Peterson. Can't hold all this freedom of speech to the vocal expression, you know?

The whole “noble savage” comment.

In Canada native groups are legally recognized entities, as well as a cultural powerhouse (at least on the west coast). JP’s being accepted into a band is maybe comparable to being given honourary citizenship or an honourary degree or being knighted, only in this case it comes from an institution that’s existed for thousands of years with its own history, language, artistic style, etc. Obviously JP’s proud of this, which given his honourary (and legally recognized) membership status, he has some right to be (and honestly some Natives might argue that he’s distastefully proud of it, but that’s their line to draw, not some New York intellectual living in a different country on the opposite side of the continent)

The author is an East Coast Indian American. I’ll venture to say that he’s one of those progressive Indian types who despises the poor and backwards classes of his country (though in a condescendingly caring way) and secretly fetishizes European culture, while using his own browness to deflect any criticism or self reflection as to the verité of his opinions. This is a growing problem in America in fact, wealthy elites who, die to identity politics worship of “POC”, feel immune to self reflection or humility despite having every sort of privilege and advantage thrust upon them from birth. America in general has a weird relationship with their Indians (aka it ignores them when it can’t genocide them), so the idea of somebody being accepted into a tribe probably sounded like an unbelievable cowboy legend to the author. The least bit of research could clarify his misconceptions and biases, but this is a hit piece, not genuine journalism.

So when he calls the appreciation of an entire culture “fetishizing the noble savage”, without a hint of irony, he can’t comprehend why it might be rude or stupid to say. To the forward thinking progressive author, European culture is the only thing worth considering, and everything else is regulated to the domain of family traditions and ethnic cuisine... JP isn’t ethnically Salish, so he must be fetishizing a savage or primitive (aka non Anglo-European) culture.

The whole article really epitomizes the smug hypocrisy of the liberal elites desu. It’s an embarrassment that the NY book review published this garbage, I’d expected more from them.

Charls Carroll of MDE, purveyor of vitamins and modafinil

That sounded very faggy and BDSM-ish.

That jewish dick feel good in your ass, faggot?

Veeky Forums - Literature
General discussion of Jordan Peterson is to be posted on or

Pajeet here, I think I agree with a lot of what you say. This guy is a smug humanities fuck who probably defends British imperialism within in circles. I mean, just him throwing the name of Vivekananda with the likes of Evola is infuriating enough. I fucking hate the liberal pocs of America who feel the need to get outraged on the behalf other minorities, whose history and culture they don't understand. Seems way too hypocritical to me.
All that said, he's right about Jung part (though it's a low hanging fuit) and the criticisms of Peterson and how Peterson's through ambiguity and passivity, panders to all kinds of people. I also kind of think a lot of Peterson says has fascistic undertones but he's far from a Nazi or alt right and more a corporate fascist aka American Libertarian.

Good God this article was a shitfest, and I say this as someone who hates Memerson.

>who probably defends British imperialism

Looking from a neutral point of view (Brazilian) it seems to me Britain did more good than harm and India cannot walk on its own legs. Your country is a big international failure.

So is Brazil, of course. We were much better during localized Portuguese leadership (the 1822-1889 Monarchy).

>Britain did more good than harm
On the surface that's how it appears to everyone not educated enough about the imperialism. But in reality, not really. The only good that Britain did was, through imperialism, imparted on Indian a way to unite the together as a nation. And honestly I think India would have been better off without this imposition.
If you really want to see the kind of damages India went though during 18th, 19th and 20th century, you really start to think how the position in the country deteriorated years after years, socially and economically. The cost was too heavy.

is this when he goes full fascist? sounds like an interesting development, who's the one who triggered him?

what the hell? is he ok?

you don’t see bad things when they don’t happen. just as an the many famines of India up to the 18th century, and in the 19th because the imperialists understood the laws of economics, when a year of crops gave poor yield they forbid price ceilings for grain as it was the long tradition of pretty much every society since the beginnings of civilization on the account that price controls seem
so intuitive to prevent “overcharge, greed and exploitation of misery, need and desperation”, and published daily market prices for all regions and prevented the hitherto “fact of life” through arbitrage.

just as an example**

youtube.com/watch?v=vsyZcKUP_-k&t=8s He was also owned by Benatar and many other intellectuals. Peterson is only good as entry level life style coach.

>mfw benetar can’t produce a coherent argument for what he means by “bad”

wow anti-natalists very logic many much persuasion such ownage

Attached: C4A636C7-EACC-4FB9-B8F2-7A172C203933.jpg (657x527, 47K)

should we call him to stop Peterson?

Attached: the_minotaur.jpg (233x217, 6K)

The famines in the 19th and as late as 1940s we're the result of Imperialist's mismanagement and misunderstanding of the geographies and population demographics along with other political and taxation policies. Though the horrors of famines under the rule did make leaders of politically free India aware that such calamities could occur and they prepared themselves for worst case scenario, it's disingenuous to say that if it weren't for British, people of India would not learn the concepts of basic agriculture. I mean you are talking about the country who was very sophisticated when it came to agriculture and foreign trade, whose textile and ship building industries thrived in pre colonial era.

Americans cannot conceive of a nation that didn't brutally genocide its native population like Canada. The entire world is either JUST AS GUILTY (Canada, Australia) or MIGHT AS WELL BE NATIVES ANYWAY SO NOT GUILTY (South America).

When you point out that the "evil" British Empire was the only thing keeping the Americans from their Westward-bound campaign of rape, slaughter, and pillaging, they will dissolve into frothing incoherence.

indians lost a contest that took 400 years to resolve. calling it a genocide is peak middle brow pseudary.

Lel, he is just referencing the historical notion of the "noble savage" which was used by romantics to attack enlightenment ideals in favor of mysticism and ancient wisdom. The writer isnt saying that HE thinks some Native American tribe are "savages", he is just equating Peterson with romantic/gnostic/occult philosophers that were critical of enlightenment ideals by reference to old cultural knowledge, which Peterson absolutely does.

But of course Peterson would want to ignore that and instead claim that the writer is attacking his friend (never mentioned in the article). The "noble savage" isn't even implied to be racial in the historical usage. They are racialized as a matter of the present moment, but ancient Europeans were also "noble savages" in the past, just corrupted by civilization.

Post independence India is a litany of dumb shit
When you consider the respective positions of China and India in 1947 it's astonishing that China is not only ahead economically but nearly twice as large. China had 25 years of Maoist idiocy, mass murder and starvation still to come, but they still caught up with and overtook India, then doubled the Indian economy. It's such an indictment of the Indian political class and their mismanagement. They had stability, democracy and shared the same language with the global hegemon, and still got outclassed by a China recovering from a decades long civil war then the most incompetent dictator of the 20th century

Doesn't 'noble savage' also refer to an Enlightenment positive ideal of a hypothetical primitive state of man?

Thats retarded usage of "noble savage" by his part. Concept of noble savage isnt equal to pereniallism, the core of it is a critique of contemporary society by comparing it to other allegedly living in harmony and peace.
Peterson isnt doing thay at all, in fact he is an apologist of post-enlightement western societies and considers them superior and more meritocratic than any else.

Without destruction of traditional social relations China would be still an Opium war tier shithole.
Succesfull capitalism needs destruction of traditional family and society and communism in China greatly helped with that.

Its more implicit evolutionary behaviour trait than positive purpose

*gasp!*

China fell for the neo-liberal meme a decade and half before India did. Not that India doesn't have serious problems in terms of its elites running the country in the ground but what China did is neither a great model for development nor it was feasible in democratically free India.

>the core of it is a critique of contemporary society by comparing it to other allegedly living in harmony and peace.
not sure why people always read Rousseau like that, if you actually read his Discourse on Inequality the noble savage was an isolated individual taking care of himself and not associating with anybody, as soon as people started living together shit hits the fan for Rousseau

Noble savage is older than Rousseau, you can see this trope in Tacitus' Germania

The other Asian tigers managed

>China
>Neoliberal

Attached: 1512155538722.png (645x729, 32K)

China and India are way bigger and ethnically diverse than japan, taiwan or korea though.

What will he do Veeky Forums?

What will he do Veeky Forums?

Attached: 6c875f7819621172bfd62d90ea315436bf78c379f47f82e6a09fa30de4c56ec7.jpg (255x167, 9K)

I think this is what the kids call "cringe"

>I’ll venture to say that he’s one of those progressive Indian types who despises the poor and backwards classes of his country (though in a condescendingly caring way) and secretly fetishizes European culture, while using his own browness to deflect any criticism or self reflection as to the verité of his opinions.

It's funny how you simply make something up about the author and then build your argument around that strawman.

Attached: index.jpg (183x275, 17K)

Advocating violence over free speech? What's that, Bucko?

I saw Jordan Peterson at a grocery store in Toronto yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, "It's no problem, I love to meet my fans".

I was impressed, and all I could say was "I love your lectures", but he kept excitedly cutting me off with fatherly advice and giving me warm hand gestures. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle pleasantly as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Jordan waiting in line with just a few organic granola bars in his hand ready to pay.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "sir, did you find everything OK tonight?" At first he kept pretending that he was just a normal guy, but eventually let her know that the service was outstanding and that even he, the most influential public intellectual in the Western world right now, was impressed.

When she started scanning the bars individually, Jordan stopped her and told her she could just scan them in bulk "to prevent any line holdups" and then turned around and smiled at me. I think that's very considerate. After she scanned just one bar, quickly calculated the total, and put them in a bag and started to say the price, Jordan simply handed the cashier a hundred dollar bill and told her to keep the change.

Peterson, through his popularity among young people who are essentially parentless (parents are divorcees with no moral authority), has come to see himself as a father-archetype.
When he talks about slapping someone, you shouldn't read this as the warrior fighting his equal, but the father spanking his child.

He doesn't claim this at all. He takes a rather analytic and detached point of view from current politics as phenomena which emerged from the harm and destruction caused by modernization.

The people in this thread are embarrassing.

The mental gymnastics of the average Petersonfag.

Attached: Opera Snapshot_2018-01-29_153354_www.youtube.com.png (541x412, 260K)

i fuckin hate this guy.
i'm listening to him ramble on about his similarities to christ for like the 5th time.

Well yeah there are challenges. Doesn't mean Mao wasn't an unnecessary disaster, or that Congress didn't shit the bed for 40 years

>this post
I AM HOWLING

Can't wait for this guy to officialize his cult to be honest.

Attached: Screen+Shot+2018-03-20+at+6.19.29+pm.png (904x303, 73K)

>being this fucking retarded
You know people like him exist because fuckheads like you exist.

*slices the parish priest in half*

Attached: Screen+Shot+2018-03-20+at+6.22.05+pm.png (927x198, 41K)

What's up with that avatar?

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

He's basically a schizoid rhizome. We need to tell him to read Deleuze and fuck off.

this is bait

i was about to say that in response to this question thats what it represents...

TOP KEK

Lol, this frail Kermit threatening to slap anyone is just hilarious.

Checked and keked.

Mr Peterson please take your meds you're scaring everyone.

Stop bullying peterson

Attached: petersonlobster.jpg (3252x586, 150K)

Attached: 1519414783808.png (648x798, 698K)

wtf i love peterson now

Attached: 3DB407C1-C733-4C53-B5EC-8FCD6F6B67BD.jpg (611x667, 76K)

touché

Charls is probably privately Veeky Forums as hell

As in he reads DFW or as in he reads Virgil?

for some reason i doubt it

So, this is the power of anti postmodernism. Woah.

The post you're replying to is a pretty neutral summary, it could equally be read as a critique. It's hard to argue that Peterson has incorporated his meme status into his ego and is playing the role of patriarch to a certain intellectual undercurrent, but whether that is pathetic or laudable is arguable

you can trust in a guy who takes his vitamins

I thought this was just fake quote memes, but holy shit it's actually real.

Good meme.

>Can you believe what that bitch Mandy said at lunch the other day? How sanctuhmonius can you get?

Seems like he needs some help from Gregory "The Angry Stoic" Sadler with his anger.

youtube.com/watch?v=YoVXyj0Mb6w&t=

Attached: 1520644040593 (2).png (2025x1190, 1.5M)

I don't follow him that much. Is this normal for him or is he becoming more unhinged? I know getting into twitter fights isn't a sign of health.

Attached: JordanPetersonMeme.jpg (817x555, 53K)

'huh, if peterson is such a bad guy, then why do I keep giving him money through his patreon?

Fuck off back to your facebook meme-group, cretin.

>being this much of a brainlet to not understand the point of my post

hm

wholesome

being angery is not new though