Is this a scene in the Brothers Karamazov or am I schizo?

Is this a scene in the Brothers Karamazov or am I schizo?

>young peasant boy accidentally injures a wealthy landowners dog
>landowner takes offense
>takes the boy out to the front yard where his family has to watch him get torn apart by a pack of dogs

I swear this happened but I can't find it. Which part is it in?

Attached: 1234652512.png (1365x735, 1.48M)

maybe when Ivan talks about the problem of evil? Idk it's been years since I've read it

I don't remember that scene but it's a pretty long book, lel

Hey you fuckers does anyone know?

Nobody actually reads on here

90% sure it isn't OP

No, that doesn't happen. A young peasant boy does injure his dog by feeding it bread with a pin inside, but he doesn't get killed for it.

yeah I don't think it is either

Just before the grand inquisitor fable

>One day a serf-boy, a little child of eight, threw a stone in play and hurt the paw of the general's favourite hound. 'Why is my favourite dog lame?' He is told that the boy threw a stone that hurt the dog's paw. 'So you did it.' The general looked the child up and down. 'Take him.' He was taken- taken from his mother and kept shut up all night. Early that morning the general comes out on horseback, with the hounds, his dependents, dog-boys, and huntsmen, all mounted around him in full hunting parade. The servants are summoned for their edification, and in front of them all stands the mother of the child. The child is brought from the lock-up. It's a gloomy, cold, foggy, autumn day, a capital day for hunting. The general orders the child to be undressed; the child is stripped naked. He shivers, numb with terror, not daring to cry.... 'Make him run,' commands the general. 'Run! run!' shout the dog-boys. The boy runs.... 'At him!' yells the general, and he sets the whole pack of hounds on the child. The hounds catch him, and tear him to pieces before his mother's eyes!

Goddamn was Dostoyevsky a hack.

oh my bad

Thank you. Some stupid faggot here actually reads.
Go fuck yourselves

Isn't this a scene from a Hannibal Lector movie?

Isn't this a scene from Anal Gape vol. 06?

Shut up retard, from OP’s description it sounded like he was talking about a plot point, not about a single fucking paragraph long anecdote that Ivan mentions once in the entire book.

Hey I remembered it you guys are just {{{dumb}}} looooool

Isn't this a scene from Stand By Me?

Yes, it's in the Rebellion chapter. Ivan gives it as one of his examples of the suffering of children that God permits, right before the grand Inquisitor chapter. It's right in there with the Turkish soldiers who pass babies back and forth in front of their mothers and then catch them on bayonets, or who play peakaboo with the end of a gun and fire when the baby smiles.

Pg 242-3 in P and V
Pg 287-9 in my modern library.

Guys it's one of the most important scenes in the book.

Dostoevsky himself said Rebellion was
>The portrayal of the uttermost blasphemy and the seed of the idea of destruction in our time in Russia among the young people uprooted from reality, and, along with then blasphemy and anarchy--tge refutation of them, which is now being prepared by me in the last words of the dying elder Zosima, one of the characters in the novel

From Frank's The Mantle of the Prophet, pg 427-8

>'dostoyevsky' in english
"heh"

C'mon, his novels are 90% story

he deserved it
throw shit get hit

bro that scene is from fucking game of thrones when the bolton bastard does it (or it is referred to by someone)

Thats Game of Thrones lol

This shit happens to me to. There was this scene I could have sworn happened with the character having a mental break down after watching a horse being hit. I must just be getting it mixed up with Nietzsche since he was a fan of Dostoevsky.

ivan tells alyosha before grand inquisitor

havent read it but it sounds eddgy as fuck so if it really is in the brothers karamazon i wont read it.

true, game of thrones did it first

Raskolnikov has a dream about a mare being whilpped to death for the amusement of her owner.

Nope, not part of Karamazov. Perhaps you've slipped dimensions where it did in your version of Karamazov.