That feel when you want to read fiction for fun but you have a long list of scary non-fiction and philosophy that you...

>that feel when you want to read fiction for fun but you have a long list of scary non-fiction and philosophy that you have to force yourself through otherwise everyone else will think you're a big dumb dumb

Attached: mfw i read phenomenology of the spirit.webm (640x480, 932K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SmAJSNYQmwc
youtube.com/watch?v=dJr5Z2-QsfY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have a Critique of Pure Reason next to me and I'm looking across the room at my pile of nice cosy horror books but this motherfucker's piercing eyes are looking at me as if to say "don't even think about it you fucking pleb".

Attached: file.png (268x188, 105K)

And guess who I have after Kant? I don't even know why I put myself through this torture just so I can act smug in having read a notoriously difficult text.

Attached: file.png (360x360, 352K)

I promised myself after and I will read one more then take a long break from these books of masochism.

Attached: file.png (280x400, 46K)

Reading fiction is like eating fast food

>tfw want to write fiction but I'm too pleb and end up writing philosophical treatises

nonfiction is for brainlets

Can kind of relate. I can't seem to be able to produce an entertaining story so everything I write slowly devolves into pure philosophy.

Attached: 44A92821-AB2B-44FA-825D-C1066500A1CB.jpg (475x505, 78K)

Doing stuff I don’t approve of is like eating unhealthy food; I reject the noble prize

>Jesus said, "Do not tell lies, and do not do what you hate, for all things are plain in the sight of heaven. For nothing hidden will not become manifest, and nothing covered will remain without being uncovered."
from the Gospel of Thomas

>read 100 year old fiction
>everyone marvel at your high intelligence while you read genre fiction

thats the point

It doesn't fucking matter because you are 90% qualified to argue about dumb shit on the internet with a quick wikipedia skim.

I've fooled people who have read hundreds of non-fiction books into thinking that I'm an erudite on the topic we are talking about.

This book was really tuff. There is other literature about this book that really helps. Use it. ( I read it in german, i guess its not easier in english.)

youtube.com/watch?v=SmAJSNYQmwc Can somebody do it like this one but with passsages from Phenomenology of spirit instead?

There’s a difference between hate and mild discomfort, pleb. All hard literature is rewarding in the end, however.

supplementary material in russian youtube.com/watch?v=dJr5Z2-QsfY

Лoл.

Plebs read genre fiction.
Patricians read literary fiction.
Scholars read philosophy.
Sages read genre fiction and literary fiction in the light of philosophy.
The Enlightened read genre fiction.

thank god I did all of that reading last summer so I can now focus on fiction.

@10871266

not even worth a (you)