Bukowski is terrible. He's like a male Rupi Kauer

Bukowski is terrible. He's like a male Rupi Kauer

Attached: bukowski.jpg (1024x672, 95K)

I dislike him but you really don't understand how bad Kauer if you think she's on a level with Bukowski.

Bukowski's work at least has all the structural elements of a narrative. They have beginnings, middles, ends, they have characters and they develop themes, they have a particular style they make sentence to sentence, even if this is all done poorly or to ignoble ends.

Kauer's poems aren't even really poems. They are short, absolutely generic utterances accompanied by scribbles. There is no compression of meaning, no skillfull use of the musical qualities of language, no use of the line to pace the reading in interesting ways. At best, they contain a single literary device.

Attached: chauchy.jpg (213x237, 12K)

her name is fucking rupi, like the fucking currency.

that's like if my name was Dolla Rauer or some shit

I liked his text where a boy says that he doesn't like the ocean.

bukowshit is indeed bad but this is probably too far

the fact that he did gender targetted shitty, miserable """poetry""" first makes him better than rupi though, by one rung i guess

fuck

she pulled her dress off
over her head
and I saw the panties
indented somewhat into the
crotch.
It's only human.
Now we've got to do it.
I've got to do it
after all that bluff.
It's like a party--
two trapped
idiots.

I realize this probably isn't his best poem, but everything you said about Kauer fits here. I'm still interested in more defenses of Bukowski though

>fuck
Is that the name of poem?

Bukowski is funny and enjoyable.

This. Also, Factotum is the only book of his (that I've read) where his picaresque adventures aren't really told with the same alcoholic's bravado. Shit is depressing, you realize the level of his poverty in the first 40 years of his life and that the women he boasted about fucking where alcoholic slobs who were 10-20 years his senior and he barely wanted to fuck them.

Not spelt like that

yup

To the point

You can say what you want about your subjective taste about Bukowski but he was an author, unlike her (him? whatever).

I loved him as a kid. Kids still love him. He has some wits,though

I know a Chinese woman who's called Yuan Yuan

this really has a lot more nuance than any of Kauer's. It's a shitty poem, but the ideas are pretty developed

Bukowski is drawing attention to the absurdity of this type of interaction and the ramifications it has upon the almost passively partaking parties, along with the sequence of events that led up to the act

these lines:
>she pulled her dress off
>over her head
>and I saw the panties
>indented somewhat into the
>crotch.
lead up and find their purpose and resolution in
>It's only human.
which then sets itself up as the crux for the rest of the poem

>Now we've got to do it.
>I've got to do it
>after all that bluff.
shows Bukowski recognizing the sham inherent in, not just the brazen machismo that most people think is the only aspect that Bukowski encompasses, but the whole relationship between the sexes and how they must interact in such an absurd, Wasteland-like environment. Bukowski is does not accept this without some degree of reflection which this """poem""" is a meditation on

>It's like a party--
>two trapped
>idiots.
very Elitoian in its conclusion, but modified by the gruff and low-class idiom of Bukowski

all in all, Bukowski writes abysmal poetry but conveys far more potent ideas than his copy-cats and the likes of Rupi Kauer, whose poems never penetrate beyond the supremely superficial and self-obsessed posturing of a purely affected level of interaction with life, which translates into an equally affected, superficial splattering of words

high functioning alcoholic have a strong sense of false gravity and self importance. Almost like stim-heads but without the increased performance you get from amphetamines.

Yeah I know he's a pretty good read, but who would want to be such an asshole?

Bukowski’s an extremely funny writer; that should count for something.

Exactly, thats why so many women like him.

Good post. Thank you.

Blame it on the tetons.

Don't only women read Bukowski?