Hit me with a significant insight into the human condition that literature has yielded us

Hit me with a significant insight into the human condition that literature has yielded us.

You can even use Shakespeare.

Attached: GABAGOOL.png (221x275, 100K)

Gabagool?

Gabagool has yielded many significant insights into the human condition, but we're not talking about that now.

I put fuckin provolone in my socks so my toes smell like your sister's twat

>Man cannot be free if he does not know that he is subject to necessity, because his freedom is always won in his never wholly successful attempts to liberate himself from necessity.

Please give a practical example of this.

First worlders that constantly whine about inconsequential issues like if the destiny of the human race depended on it because they don't understand the value of what they have.

>so my feet smell like your sister's crotch in the morning
ftfy from memory, git gud

that extends to the whole human condition, as want is still want whether you're a first worlder or a third worlder. The scale or magnitude of necessity is unrelated to freedom, liberation comes only after the acknowledgement of necessity, whether it's the necessity of food and water, a higher social position or Wi-Fi.

>Beliefs have utility beyond their truth-value

I picked that up from Lovecraft, the quote about man living on a placid island of ignorance.

>ftfy
Apologies to you and Sylvio

literature taught us that you can't use glib fucking greentext to summarize poetry. going to space and a description of space are incommensurate

>he jests at wounds that never felt a scar

kinda like you here op

I don't have a specific book, nor will I limit this to traditional literature.

Rather, I'd go by the definition of "fiction" as literature in the form of prose. This would include a lot more media, like movies with subtitles, genre fiction, web novels, fanfiction, anime, some forms of non-fiction or academic works...

The primary insight is that we can affect change. We can change ourselves, our world, our friends and families, our larger social circles, our communities. We can change the foundations of perceived inherent structures of humanity, and the universe itself. We can change this planet, and biomes, and ecosystems.

And, just as well, we can have no impact whatsoever, or some at different levels. Some of us regularly die stupid deaths, and not a single fuck will be given. The universe will continue on. We can change how we perceive that, whether it's nihilistic, depressive, optimistic, grateful, whatever.

>I learned to empathize IRL only after watching anime, because yeah, I am an autistic fuck and was a social maladjust.
>I learned introspection from video games like Colossal Cave Adventure and Morrowind because the friends I thought I had weren't friends and I shut myself in. I chose change.
>I learned that Hitler wasn't some mythic monster that annihilated however many people for some retarded magical realism claim to human genealogy. He was fascinated by magic, and the occult, and drew some wonderful insights of humanity. He also fell to looped thinking, letting himself be the beacon of the flow of the masses, and some really flawed and incomplete rationale.
>I learned that no matter what we learn, none of it matters if we don't put it to use somehow. You could know how to cure cancer, and talk about it all you want, but it doesn't mean shit if you don't use it.
>I learned the concept of Capitalism -- not the actual modern societal mechanism, mind you -- was once upon a time a spiritual ideal. A social meritocracy with a beautiful self-checking balance: there would arise some upstart who would upset the "powers" of the day, some of the powers would fall, the upstart would become a beneficial power and help set a new standard, and it would become a titan that would fall to a later upstart. The big, bad rich men would rise and fall out of power, and the peasant could become a king or a tyrant, depending on how he developed himself. Under the right conditions, women would be included, and could as likely become a disease-addled whore as a matron saint.
>I learned that, through anonymity, people are themselves as they've developed themselves. Through avatars and proxies, you become more of yourself than the persona that faces the universe and changes positionally.

The world must be peopled!

That op is a faggot

You poor sheltered child.

The ends always justifies the means.

It hasn't yielded "us" any insights. It gives people subjective, personal insights.That's all.

Shakespeare taught us what it means to be human.
t. Harold Bloom

This

>I learned the concept of Capitalism -- not the actual modern societal mechanism, mind you -- was once upon a time a spiritual ideal. A social meritocracy with a beautiful self-checking balance: there would arise some upstart who would upset the "powers" of the day, some of the powers would fall, the upstart would become a beneficial power and help set a new standard, and it would become a titan that would fall to a later upstart. The big, bad rich men would rise and fall out of power, and the peasant could become a king or a tyrant, depending on how he developed himself. Under the right conditions, women would be included, and could as likely become a disease-addled whore as a matron saint.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ovaaa heee

Cringy

Machiavelli and Hobbes are right, people are naturally selfish and violent in their natural states Civilization is a war against our own impulses, never forget that.

Attached: 1515059009055.gif (245x180, 1.79M)

Representation of how italians say a type of preserved meat (i.e. capocollo).