I can't concentrate while I'm reading. It comes and goes. How to deal with it?

I can't concentrate while I'm reading. It comes and goes. How to deal with it?

Attached: 2E5F4990-B940-49DF-9540-8258AD786825.jpg (600x763, 47K)

Get rid of technology.

Attached: 1519103173876.png (819x686, 1.1M)

What's a more immediate solution? I don't care how long-lasting.

Things that make me read slowly:
>not sleeping enough the night before
>checking phone in between chapters
>Skipping breakfast/a meal
>Laying down in bed
>Lit screen in the background I can see while reading
>Not pacing myself while I read

Turning off the power supply.

Attached: 1519373911225.jpg (416x464, 40K)

Embrace technology - stream audiobooks at 3x speed while watching TV. Shatter your attention span completely.

That's one way.

Try reading it aloud

I always read on my bed or on couches. I get too distracted by my legs in chairs. I think having my legs layed out long is soothing.

What exactly is the problem? You lose steam? Or you can't concentrating from the moment you open the book?

I just get distracted by my legs. Knowing I exist and respond to stimuli makes it hard to focus important things.

Why dont you care about what youre doing enough to pay attention to it? Maybe stop reading and do something that youre interested in enough to pay attention to.

I love reading. As I said, my power focus comes and goes.

I gotta be honest that I've never stopped reading but now I read 1-2 pages a day just before falling asleep. That's because I only go to sleep when I'm completely exhausted. Before that, I'd be playing youtube videos and doodling and clicking and downloading stuff and organizing stuff, or simply scrolling somewhere, shitposting somewhere. I often have a guitar on my lap while I'm watching a retarded completely unrelated youtube video that popped up in my rec list while I was looking for something to hear while studying some pdf that I just got from a subject that no one in the world cares about and there is something in the oven that will burn and then I'll dine some bread with butter instead. I'm high all the time and that certainly doesn't help, I work part time and it's the only moment I'm sober up, but I'm still on the computer and from work I get more stuff for me to do. I haven't finished a single movie by myself in months. I've been learning to draw. Also programming. I like to read about martial arts techniques and fitness articles even though I don't do anything in that area. I also love to read about religion even though I've never stepped inside any temple ever, coming from an atheist family. I'm a whirlpool of information that, useful or not, valuable or not, becomes useless for being taken without experience. I'm always driving life on the edge of energy, because I procrastinate and get late to any appointment, since I get late I can't afford to stop for a second, then I come home and I can't stop "working", I have projects from woodworking to app designs and comic books that I can't get myself to get off the ground. And I've already discovered what I'm missing, which is not technique or time or anything, but the effort to search for people who would facilitate my projects to proceed. I am not a virgin neckbeard, I'm 29 years old, handsome, have a gf(who is just as crazy perhaps more than myself), people like me, but I can't withstand my own anxiety when it comes to approaching people. I've come across moments in my life that I could not look straight to a clerk and now I have a somewhat social life. But still, it's not "problem solved", the problem remains in a diminished form but ever present. I am able not to feel horrible, but I'm not able to construct, to bring to the relationships. Because of that, I did not learn how to skate or had any friends in highschool and I don't know of any places in my very own town because I don't bother getting out. When I think of the past I feel regret and shame for what I did not do. Therefore, I can only endure life while absolutely high. And when I'm high, I get distracted. Then I see I'm not special at all, I'm a speck of an individual amongst millions that are being carried away by the same tide, confused with technology we think we understand, scared about the dissolution of politics and direct encounter with one another. That's why I only read 2 pages a day.

Attached: 1387319325794.jpg (700x911, 47K)

stop smoking weed

You can't read indefinitely, the same way you can't exercise for ages without getting tired

Unless you're losing focus after like 5 minutes or something it's hardly a problem

tl;dr

tl;dr posts should be bannable on lit

Amphetamines

Why does there have there have to be three version of this post on Veeky Forums at any given time?

woah we r da same perssson

You may have the beginning stages of Alzheimer's. It will only get worse. God bless and god speed user.

force yourself also adderall,sleep deprivation, and anger issues seems to help me read

ADHD medication. and dont turn on the PC or you'll be tempted to use all your speed for vidya

KY?

I have tinnitus. Try reading with this shit.

r u me?

>shit out window
try to stop me

Attached: 51AF9687-3300-49A6-9105-8D6533D4B675.jpg (261x260, 19K)

Noise cancelling headphones.

>on borderline for legal blindness
>vision has been blurring the past month
>blocks of text are starting to look like masses of ink
>mfw can't afford new eyes

Attached: cait.png (187x151, 50K)

You poor bastard.

keep reading

if you've read too much then take a break

Fuck mate that's rough. Learn braille

Why wasn't this said sooner? Do this user, and don't just read the text like a droning, bumbling idiot, throw some inflection on those words and really try to get some character out of those pages.

Stay away from any electronic media.

>push

you're now falling to your death into a puddle of your own shit.

I like to listen to music while I'm reading.

Pick a project and finish it retard