Why are so many male authors so terrible at writing female characters? pic related

Why are so many male authors so terrible at writing female characters? pic related

Attached: Dostoyevsky-1024x755.jpg (1024x755, 137K)

his female characters are perfectly accurate: all insane with borderline personality disorder

/thread

What do you expect? Muh vageenie?

are homos the only ones good at writing female characters? pic related

Attached: yukio-mishima.jpg (473x704, 68K)

I laughed

Because they're male, not female.

Hope this helps, op.

You guys do realize Dostoevsky had a 20yo stenographer that gave him input on all sorts of things, including women. He later wifed her. I know its hard to imagine women can seem different in an another era and culture but if you work really really hard you might be able to muster enough brainlet power to fathom such a complex idea

Hello Fyodor

You niggers just do not understand russian women, especially in that time. They are not nearly close to their western "equivalents".Not today, especially not back then. Dostoyevskis portrayal is accurate enough.

Grushenka and Sofya are some of the best female characters ever written
The others are fine as well because most women are totally insane.

westerns can’t understand how strong and crazy our women are, especially bc there’s no muh feminusm

you would have 19th century Dosto write women characters in the likes of those 21st century women who peg your western ass?

mfw slav mom and sister

Attached: 60524.jpg (460x337, 32K)

The best female character was written by a man.
Also top kek at the buttblasted Dostoevsky fanboys with the MUH DEEP RUSSIAN SOUL platitude of an excuse.

Attached: p01l9j1n.jpg (640x360, 31K)

>Anna Karenina
>Madame Bovary
>Tess of the d'Urbervilles
What exactly is the purpose of this thread, faggot op?

Came here to post this. His female characters are the ones that hold up the best to today's reality by a XIX century author

James writes women better than women. Awesome writer we don't discuss enough.

Raymond Carver is great at writing females, IMO.

We give them male qualities of morality and decency that real womem don't have.

god i wish that was me

How could I have lived long enough to get on this website? You are an Idiot.

Not me

What does this criticism even mean?
How are you supposed to write women?

All the single ladies
(All the single ladies)
All the single ladies
(All the single ladies)
All the single ladies
(All the single ladies)
All the single ladies
Now put your hands up

>implying many=all

This is true

Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong door. The leather club's two blocks down.

All the females in The Idiot are great

>MUH RUSSIAN SOUL
Why are all Dostoevsky readers such brainlets? Don't answer that. Nabokov was right.

Im nearing the end of Princess Cassamassima and love it.
I got a copy of Portrait for cheap, but is their any other specific one of his to read ahead of his others?

Why is this true no matter what background a woman's from?

Will I ever read a book as good as The Brothers Karamazov?

as a wyoming, i have to say arthur schnitzelr’s fraulein else is god tier description of the female mind

because we fear abandonment. also periodic hormonal fluctuations

In terms of his writing about women The Bostonians is pretty good. He completely nails the mindset of modern blue haired SJW chicks, both the ones that really mean it and the ones who are just going along for the attention (Cassamassima is similar in a way). All his major novels and the shorter fiction is great though. I think what sets him apart is his willingness to write females realistically rather than either Victorian sentimentality a la Dickens, or the modern thing where the woman can have no real flaws. He depicts female shallowness and bitchiness better than anyone I can think of. I guess being gay he didn't have a horse in the race and could be more objective than women or straight men.

I've only read a few of his books so far and those only had male protagonists. What are some of his novels with good female characters?

Attached: g1454283973560602705.jpg.png (550x295, 97K)