Broke: a rascist, Eurocentric celebration of the exploitation of Africa and her people

broke: a rascist, Eurocentric celebration of the exploitation of Africa and her people
woke: an earnest appraisal of empire, the natural inequality of man, and its impact on the psyche
bespoke: company man blows the fuck out of everyone's ivory quotas with some canoes and a pack of feral groids

Attached: IMG_0164.jpg (269x401, 42K)

Ascended: a story about a man reaching into the core of human nature, discovering the most terrible of truths.

the horror, the horror!

Literally none of these are right.

>read Heart of Darkness
>think it's about "the natural inequality of man"
shig

Attached: yikes.jpg (953x730, 69K)

Yeah, everyone knows HoD is a biting commentary on the Vietnam War.

DAE conrad is wacis??

go back to twitter you subhuman faggot and never come back

It's about how blind one can be to the horrors of the world, and where the blindness comes from.

Why do you think the book ends with main dude praphrasing Conrads "The Horror" with his wife's name as his last words, and then being surprised the world didn't punish him for this monumental lie of truth, but everything just rather went by as normal?

Conrad is an absolutely terrible writer. Am I the only one to think so??? God was this book fucking boring.

>go into Heart of Darkness thinking it's going to be horribly racist
>the book is actually anti-racist
I don't get it.

Attached: 1516155129922.jpg (905x881, 266K)

Hint: the heart of darkness was not found in Africa, but in London.

i mean it's still kind of racist
instead of being "dude fuck niggers let's subjugate them all" it's "these black people aren't worth our time or resources"

Heart of Darkness is a book about how Blacks ruin White people and corrupt White norms down to their level of Black beastliness. Conrad details how the White people degrade into he same level of primative savagery as Blacks when they enter amongst them. He who lives amongst beasts should know the beast also lives in you. By living amongst Blacks you become them.

Very powerful message now we have have invited Africans into the heart of Western civilisation rather than the opposite intruding into theirs of Conrad's time, and we can see the degradment of White cities like London, Paris, Detroit, Washington DC, Oakland etc. by Black Africans.

>If you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Louis Ferdinand Celine did it better though. His critique of colonialism in journey to the end of the night is unparallelled

Attached: IMG_0503.jpg (3264x2448, 2.04M)

That really accurate, which saddens me

We really should of just picked our own fucking crops.

It's ridiculously inaccurate. Look at the beginning of the book where he's talking about the River Thames and says that it "has been one of the dark places of the earth." Despite what Mary Beard claims, Conrad is talking about a white England there, not a black one.

:((((((

Sorry, misread your post. Thought you were responding to

>discovering the most terrible of truths
I wouldn't call them terrible