Jesus was such a nice guy

Jesus was such a nice guy.

Attached: jesus.jpg (600x600, 92K)

He still is
He also is such a nice God

He had to be, he was a virgin lol.

>God

>Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
>For I have come to set a man against his father,
>and a daughter against her mother,
>and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
>and one’s foes will be members of one’s own household.
>Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me

What a nice fellow

The first is blatantly violent and incediary, the second is a metaphor for believers conflicting with their communities

The Gospels, on one level, are esoteric works of psychology. He is talking about how he will create violence and friction in the human soul of those who become spurred on and are challenged by his teachings. He doesn’t want your psyche to be slumbering and peaceful, he wants it to be “violent” — struggling, conflicted, powerful, awake.

He wants you to love him the most of all or he'll put you in hell forever

No, he’s also saying he’s going to come back and kill sinners you fucking apologist faggot mystic. There is a very clear and explicit exoteric interpretation, esoteric christianity is either Gnostic in which case heretical or fan fiction rejected by the Churches.

Jesus’s original teachings, if you read what he’s reported as saying in the Gospels, don’t place as much emphasis on heaven and hell as much as the Catholic Church and subsequently Christianity in general began to put a focus on. In fact, this stupid idea of “the bad person will burn in fire forever and good person go in the clouds with the angels after they die” is not, to my knowledge, explicitly shown anywhere in the Bible. And a lot of the issue comes from people reading literally what is not literal in the Bible. Modern Christians have made of those teachings a ridiculous cult.

>There is a very clear and explicit exoteric interpretation,
Jesus himself wrote nothing, as far as we know, or if he did, it wasn’t directly transmitted to us. The Gospels also seem to have been edited/corrupted along the way, as was a lot of the Bible. There’s very sophisticated esoteric messages in the Gospels which show even through the probable corruption and the limitations of translations along the way, mostly shown in Jesus’s parables and cryptic imagery — a clever way for him to have spoken, since those can speak beyond languages and cultures and the meaning of which is more likely to be preserved even if some words or the tenor or context of it gets lost along the way.

The idea of a Jesus coming back to kill all the “fucking faggot” sinners is more fitting for a crude Hollywood blockbuster apocalypse movie than for any relatively sane and benevolent person to believe.

>My Dad: Son, that was bad, but I forgive you.
>Jesus: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Choose one.

It is explicitly stated over and over again in the NT you dumb fucking 18 year old convert

Revelation 21:8
Matthew 25:46
Psalm 9:17
2 Thesallonians 1:9
Matthew 13:50
Acts 2:27
Mark 9:43
Jude 1:7
Proverbs 15:24
Proverbs 23:14
Matthew 25:41
Revelation 19:20
Proverbs 15:11
Matthew 16:19
2 Peter 2:4
Revelation 20:13-14
Matthew 10:28
Ezekiel 18:20
Daniel 12:2-3
John 5:28
John 3:16
Revelation 20:15
Hebrews 9:27

eat shit and fuck your mother faggot christnigger

No its in line with the mission of the Jewish messiah and the god-men of India and the Middle East you know nothing YT scholar faggot

Most can be explained as a symbolical way of representing being tortured by one’s own conscience. You’re judged by your conscience and punished by it. Also, it’s constantly stated that the kingdom of heaven is within and can be on earth. Thus going to heaven wouldn’t be “doing good deeds so God puts you into heaven” but “attaining a heavenly state of consciousness, here on Earth while you’re alive, so that it continues in as heavenly a state after death” and the same for hell except as a hellish state of consciousness.

This is nothing different than what the Quran says. This affirming what is in that book to be the word of God

Well, who knows. Also I’m not a Christian.

>it's all a metaphor lmao
Judaism in Jesus' era had a very strong apocalyptic stream, a lot of jews literally expected the world to end in a fiery judgement with only the elect believers surviving. It's not just a symbol for man's inner conflict, there was an explicit belief in God actively intervening to end evil forever.

Jesus was an egoist

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (800x522, 31K)

I don’t care what they believe. They misinterpreted the truth as well.

So you want to ignore what 1st century jews actually believed and just apply your own mysticism to 1st century texts about a jewish preacher.

Jewish (race), Jesus was. Jewish (faith), Jesus was not. Fedoras always fail to note this distinction, out of sophistry or ignorance I'll never know.

Legitimately not trying to be mean, but are you retarded? Jesus was an apocalyptic Jewish rabbi. Just because his interpretation of the Law clashed with the ruling scribes of the day (those groups also disagreed with each other btw) doesn't mean he wasn't Jewish.

Why do you want to totally divorce a religious-historical figure from their religious and historical context?

lmao the reddit club is two blocks down, edgelord

Why do these threads always have to devolve into such shit? You can spot the "experts" who are clearly posting without any serious interest in the subject at hand. They have no love or sense of awe in their posts. It's all just oneupmanship.

Jesus was the original yandere desu.

Christ actually represented the fulfilment of hellenic philosophy, the true successor of Plato

>>> www.reddit.com/r/niceguys/

I mean not really. One time he chastised the woman who was cooking and serving for him and his 12 friends, in defense of her lazy sister.

One time he freaked out and started turning over tables and whipping dudes at the temple.

One time he made a fig tree wither for no better reason that he hated figs.

>Luke 22:36 New King James Version (NKJV)
36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.

>Matthew 26:52 New King James Version (NKJV)
52 But Jesus said to him, “Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish[a] by the sword.

Was Jesus the biggest troll who ever lived?

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God
Ephesians 6:17

“Garment” has an esoteric meaning as well.

>For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

Not a Christian, either.

fpbp

this is the literature and (and if referencing a specific work) philosophy board. /x/ is for atheists, new age plebs, and other types of dummies.

>Jesus was an apocalyptic Jewish rabbi
Nope. Can see why you’d think that but you’re talking about something you don’t really know much about, regardless of how much scholarship you’ve read on it.

>One time he made a fig tree wither for no better reason that he hated figs
Constantly in the Gospels he is reported as saying that you can tell a man by their fruits, using vegetative and gardening imagery. He (supposedly — it was probably just a parable) made the fig tree wither because it didn’t bear any fruit. It’s an obvious symbol of the fate of those who don’t bear the fruits of spiritual development.

>One time he freaked out and started turning over tables and whipping dudes at the temple.
It was supposed to be a sacred place of the worship of the divine, but there were moneychangers in there corrupting it to fulfill their greedy desires. He also isn’t described as whipping them, it’s said he drives them away with the whip.

>One time he chastised the woman who was cooking and serving for him and his 12 friends, in defense of her lazy sister.
Martha was only concerned with artificial social norms, doing what was expected of her — setting up the food. Mary was using the opportunity to listen to his wisdom.

Welcome to modern Christianity, where Jesus is your best buddy and everyone goes to Heaven (if they use the right buzzwords and hold their hands up during praise and worship that is)!
A harsh, fatherly God and justly wrathful savior are scary, so let's just focus on the love and ignore the truth! After all, Jesus was a nice guy..!
You too can walk the narrow way, with these Christian™ brand sneakers, while looking stylish in your Jesus™ hoodie!
Yay for Jesus!

You’re probably going to this hell you imagine, or something like it. This is because you’re too bitter and personally involved. No person with a Christlike consciousness would descend to such juvenile rantings.

Turning to Jesus literally cured my depression, so I dont really care

It also wouldn't help that I'm not a Christain you fag.
Hopefully we sit next to each other in hell so I can fucking laugh at you for all of eternity.

Fair enough. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you were another edgy Christian. I prefer an atheist to a hypocritical Christian.

I hope you make a friend soon user

Jesus is all the friend I'll ever need. Friends are for sinners and worldly people. I'm not worldly.

i'm christian but this
decadent christianity -- very sad!

I dont care, friends are spiritual connections and its obvious you have none by the manner you speak.

>wordly people
You browse /x/ to much if you think enjoying the life youve been given is bad.

I pray for you

>I pray for you
I don't understand. How can you pray for me without the laying on of hands?
I don't think you're a real Christain™. Do you even bible study bro?

Yeah, not like some of the other gods.

Who said I was a christian? I am but a follower of Christ. Like you.

Prayer doesn't have to be done one way

>Who said I was a christian? I am but a follower of Christ. Like you.
I too dislike the label of Christain. I think it gives people the wrong impression. I also ask that you don't use the words "religion" or "religious" around me. Jesus™ is more than a religion, okay? Religion is like sooo last century anyways. Makes me think of those icky Catholics with all their tradition and pedophilia. Yuck. Those guys are totally not followers of Christ Jesus like myself.

I actually find this personity and prose entertaining I was just trying to get a more serious discusion with you going.

Oh well

>Jewish (faith), Jesus was not.
Is this what christians actually believe?