Reading at the library

>reading at the library
Is there anything more attention-seeking, more pretentious?

Attached: 829E4F8A-972E-469B-8B2E-E0710BB0EA37.jpg (1224x1128, 170K)

I never go to the library

Who the fuck wants to hang around buma and risk catching bedbugs?

Is there anything more cowardly than reading in your own home?

Hot girls got to Barnes and Noble

that’s a jock and that’s his gf what the fuck is the point of pic related? that guy fucks that woman and they live together

This thread comes to mind.

Who here reads in public to hopefully attract girls with similar interests?
Where's best place to read?

I'm into CB

Yes, reading in a book store.

Has ANY girl ever talked to a man because she saw him reading?

>omg Stacy, that guy is reading in the bar
>wow, I'm so amazed and attracted. And look at me, just drinking and having fun. Oh wow. Oh goodness

Yes, however I was reading shitposts on my laptop at bar

I've had women do that.

This. Nothing but a couple of glances and smiles comes out of it. Also.
>reading to get women and not because you enjoy it
Same mentality as lifting for women and not becoming healthy and strong

I once read Les Fluers du Mal at a public pool because my friends invited me but I didn't want to swim. It was really hot out and I felt really awkward. Couldn't enjoy the book at all.
At one point a cute girl in a bikini sat down near me. Asked me what I was reading. I told her. She said it sounded interesting. Asked me if she could read a bit. I warned her she wouldn't like it, but she insisted. I handed it over and she flipped through, her face slowly becoming puzzled and disturbed. Finally she handed it back and said "You were right. That was weird." She got up and went back to her friends. I left.
Long story short, the embarrassment of that experience basically beat any desire to read in public right out of me.

>eating at the restaurant
Is there anything more attention-seeking, more pretentious?

This made me laugh

tried this, thought it'd be comfy

i was wrong

>Reading the Metaphysics of War on my Kindle on the plane
>QT sitting next to me
>Next page
>New chapter: "The Aryan Race's Concept of War" bold across the screen
>Immediatly flip the page and pray she didn't notice
If she did she chose to remain silent.

shawty is thicc

>i'm afraid of a womans opinion

definitely not an aryan

I read The Stranger in a public library, casually checking the book. Got so caught up I read the book from beginning to end there.

I film myself reading and then project it onto the front of my house so my neighbors can see

Damn, that is funny.

My closest awkward girl/book story was back when I was an Uber driver. I picked up an attractive girl who started up a conversation with me, which eventually led to my interests. It was going really well, until she asked me my favorite book. I said I couldn't really choose one, but I thought Nabokov was my favorite writer. She immediately responded, "He wrote the pedophile book, right?" and seemed to lose interest. Another win for me.

>"He wrote the pedophile book, right?"
>Another win for me.
It is, unironically. You filtered the fuck outta her

This.

Yeah, what's next? Eating at the restaurant? Fucking pseuds.

kek

awh man
def dont read baudelaire at a pool on a sunny day though

LOLITA WAS ABOUT *HEBE*PHELIA GODAMNIT

Don't read Baudelaire on any day you think is a good day to read Baudelaire

That's the general rule

yes, this thread

Attached: bait son.png (625x626, 93K)

I've had women approach me many times and ask what I'm reading or writing.

Ive been approached far more often when I was reading then when I wasn't

Libraries are for poor people and there is nothing less Veeky Forums then going to one. Just buy your books unless you are hobo tier. I have two copies of each, one for reading and one for the shelf.

I wanna lick her thighs

Attached: 7AB1EF9D-9E63-4283-9CFD-E06D7668B2E0.jpg (584x622, 54K)

>that filter
>that girl
>that land
>that house

Attached: BR-edb0bf4.jpg (620x413, 46K)

>have read Lolita 3 times
>still read it in public sometimes

Attached: 1508797895963s.jpg (104x125, 3K)

I bet the last time someone was confronted in public about reading it was the 60s

Why would he go so far from the house to do that? I'm willing to bet it was to get away from her which is why she looks so smug

Ignorant slut. Fuck her.

>reducing Lolita to a "pedophile book".
What a cunt.

Imagine being so insecure that you're scared of reading a book at the library

>reading baudelaire in english
fucking rétard

Please visit your local library and spend time there. We need better attendance at the one I work at and I am sure others do as well.

Probably somewhat innapropriate, although frankly the heat reminded me of his one poem about the rotting dog.

Occasionally, but more often than not it’s drunk guys who ask.

How narcissistic are the people on /lit that they think that everyone is focusing on them. especially while reading a book in a fucking library. like WOW, READING IN A LIBRARY, NO FUCKING WAY. LOOK AT THIS SHIT EUGENE, HE' MUST BE A FUCKING VIRGIN LMFAIO

who reads books at a fucking library

>not thinking you are the only human in a world of NPCs all secretly reacting to you.

fag

thats because libraries have public funding which means a they have a chair budget that can afford only hand-me-downs from public elementary schools

kek-kek's delivery service

my library is really nice

sucks for u poorfags

I used to read in the library as a kid. If I liked the book I would check it out and finish it later.

A lot of people don't have quiet places to read at home and need that, especially when the weather isn't great and you cant just go to a park.

As someone who spends a lot of time cooped up in their house, I like to read at the library because at least it's a change of environment. Imagining having to read in the exact same spot every single day? Fuck that. And also the stroll there is probably good for health too.

Fucking kek'd so hard

>reading The Phenomenology of Spirit at the library
>7/10 cute girl comes up to me
>"Excuse me - hi. Hope I'm not interrupting, but could we maybe talk about that book sometime? I'm interested in Hegel and have read all four of his works. It'd be awesome to finally talk to someone about his ideas"
>me: "Of course"
>we exchange numbers
>meet up the next day in the cafe near the library and discuss Hegelianism in depth for literally hours
>must have had like 10 coffees
>we start meeting more regularly and talk for hours and hours every time about anything from western philosophy to avant-garde literarature
>she's perfect
>eventually ask her out
>she says yes

Always read at the library. The cutie approaching you is not a meme.

Attached: 49658111-288-k333043.jpg (288x450, 20K)

If this hasn't happened to you it's either because you're ugly, or you read brainlet books

Bigger city, user? I can't see that shit happening in my city
>midwest

This one qt I've taken an interest in works at B&N and always talks to me when I go in looking for books. I've been slowly reading all of her recommended books in the hopes to increase conversation paths with her. How did I get so beta?

>Fuck her
I would've, but I scared her off.

Is there anything more pretentious than a sour cunt who is bent on judging other people?

MFW I go into a bar and see a guy reading
its extremely loud and there are people everywhere. yet this guy is seemingly pretending to read his Jordan Peterson book. yuck

>lifting in the gym
I hate those attention whores so much >:^(

>Has ANY girl ever talked to a man because she saw him reading?

It gives them an excuse to talk to someone, you dunkass.

You won't make it.

Attached: forrester.jpg (830x460, 65K)

literally nobody reads anymore. guys have fortnite and while you may run into some lame YA jane austen buddy holly glasses type, she will
not come up and start a conversation when she sees you reading 'Adorno and the Sufi's: A Historical Outline of Gerontological Nazisim' alone on a bench

What's the backstory to this picture? Looks neat

hnnnnngggg those thighsss

Shitposting about reading in a library for one.

Rétard ? Are you from Québec or something ?

>not thinking you also are an NPC