What the fuck was this guy on about?

What the fuck was this guy on about?

Attached: 1_UL1N-jlzeo0zuw_jzd3xrA.jpg (400x594, 73K)

What an awesome thread OP you have really outdid yourself here.

How will I ever recover from your abrasive sarcasm?

How will I ever recover?

You literally can't.
Got anything to say about Heraclitus? If not, please stop bothering. Go to a thread you enjoy.

Who?

Heraclitus, presocratic greek philosopher, known for the obscurity of his writings. Most of his work didn't survive, we only have fragments.
He is considered one of the most influentials presocratic philosophers along with Parmenides. Plato wrote a lot about their thoughts in his dialogues.

Oh that guy Nietzsche talked about

Nature is in constant change, but it's orderly change, there's a logos behind everything.

The fire thing was just a metaphor for the logos, according to my professor.

Yes
Do you think Heraclitus intended his writings to have some effect on society or other people? He seems so closed in himself compared to others from his time.

Look—BUDDY—Michelangelo didn't want to be there to pose with all of those other fags—he just wanted to sculpt some muscles.

Probably, that's kinda the point of writing your thoughts. I also remember him being critical of men, saying they don't pay attention to the logos.

A retard with an even more retarded metaphysics, utterly annihilated by the principle of non-contradiction and eleatic arguments for monism. That said, he pursued our intuitions to their logical and unintuitive consequences, it's just that our intuitions are wrong. Protagorean and Heraclitean relativism was a mistake

underrated

heraclitus? that is quite the name lol

he's cute

>implying the eleatics avoided the issue of non-contradiction
It's like you never even read Parmenides.

>when OP talks to himself to keep the thread bumped

Heraclitus is my favorite presoctatic. Shit is too funny.
>The learning of many things does not teach understanding; otherwise, it would have taught Hesiod and Pythagoras, and again Xenophanes and Hecataeus.
>Let us not conjecture randomly about the most important things.
>Homer deserves to be taken out of the games and beaten with a stick, and Archilochus too.
>Wantonness needs putting out, even more than a house on fire.

REI reminds me of him

Attached: B8121F8B-ABE7-4368-8839-62C5E6E94703.png (400x400, 627K)

Big if true

Nobody really knows, but many think they do.

I am not OP, OP is a faggot

That's the exact opposite of what I said brainlet