Ah, done for reading today, time to save my place

Ah, done for reading today, time to save my place

Attached: 89600.jpg (1600x1200, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theodysseyonline.com/you-might-be-an-english-major
youtube.com/watch?v=di8-MXpENZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As long as you own the book, this is fine.

Kill yourself

Why are you reading Going Bovine?

For a bookmark, I prefer to use the receipt from the gun my father purchased to kill himself.

pics or it didn't happen

>not shooting a fat line of jizz over the page and opening wherever is hardest to bend.
Why are you so inefficient?

Attached: 7bc63fcac7c0d8204bd4e8760e120e339aee5c6930ea5646269e68a4b7ad0bfb.gif (500x275, 358K)

>time to turn page

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Contrary to popular belief, this is 100% a-okay as far as I'm concerned

I'm really into this book...

Better fold the spine over and hold it in one hand with only one page exposed so that every time I move on to another page I have to bend it back the other way and squeeze it the entire time I'm reading that page.

I don't get why people do this. I have never had a problem turning the page without licking my finger

>he doesn't rip off the page after he reads it
>he doesn't eat the said page to fully consume book's contents

>DO YOU SEE?

>Oh boy! So tasty!
>I love snacking while I read my favorite softcover books!!

Attached: file.png (720x300, 321K)

You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly. Before me, you rightly tremble. But fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe!

Attached: man_loses_all_hope.gif (326x200, 566K)

>tfw you see these sorts of people in the library

Attached: 1439023943571.jpg (1400x1050, 141K)

*spits unto the page*
*violently slaps it away*

Attached: chad irl.jpg (1536x2048, 358K)

wtf, that bathtub looks like a giant sink

"I can't read without a pen! I just love to put in random thoughts and underline quotes"

Attached: annotations.jpg (470x381, 84K)

>highlighting

Dfw coulnt go a minute without writing a page of info

>not greentexting your books in high school

And then he sells it and the next owner is left with... shit.

I'm sorry to do this to you, Veeky Forums, but I found that image by going to this site:

theodysseyonline.com/you-might-be-an-english-major

I feel like the world's biggest asshole being annoyed by these kinds of articles, but goddamn. I've actually known people like this and it's so tiring to be around

Fug. This shit is for people too dumb to remember what they've read and their thoughts about it.

>theodysseyonline.com/you-might-be-an-english-major
Proof that we inhabit a Godless universe.

i don't know if there's a god, but I'm definitely spiritual

Is this another sign that you might be an English major?

I think it's more a sign that you might be someone who constantly needs their identity and sense of individuality validated by >listicles" like "You Might Be an English Major If..."

this sounds like i'm poo poo-ing having a sense of spirituality and being open minded, but i'm more upset at people who use it as a way to flake out of the perceived "duty" that traditional religion or the rigor of actually having to think about how you feel about the world

this is done solely by 5th grade teachers so they can feel important

I work as a cashier in a gas station and I see older women doing this all the fucking time. Seems useless but it gives me ASMR.

Did this in high school all the time for whatever we were studying

I'm an English major and I'd say at least 7/10 of those apply to most English majors.

I have done this very rarely when I was a kid. Mostly with bibles because the pages were thin and I had gay little fingers.
I no longer do anymore.

>annoying fucking dust jacket
>glues it to the book or throws it away

It's useless and slow. Also, get with the times, cunt. Pic related.

Attached: 2015_10_07_12_43_36__15_nc21037a_w_13.jpg (380x380, 84K)

They're called dog ears for one reason - dogs are man's best friends.
A bookmark built into a book? Genious!

>tfw you absentmindedly scrach your balls while reading after a long musty day, and put your hand back on the book
>tfw its a library book

He literally did this same shit to his copy of The Silence of the Lambs. Like he had to interject some type of insight in the most minutiae details of the story. Looking for shit that wasn't there. He was literally the "achkchully" guy in the group. Why was he such a fucking tryhard faggot?

>he can take remember what page he stopped at in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, a book that takes 2-3 days to read.

He’s a monster. I think of him as one of those pitiful things that are born in hospitals from time to time. They feed it, and keep it warm, but they don’t put it on the machines and it dies.

Same reason why people smoke.
Although plastic bags are really pain in the ass, you have to lick your finger and usually it's dirty because you are in a shop.

Like most suicidal people, he was trying to find reasons not to kill himself wherever he could.

I recommend this for even leisure reading, keep a separate journal to write down your thoughts and reactions as you go along. You get more room and are forced to give context to your thoughts, making them actually useful in the future instead of underlying something Raskolnikov says and writing "incel" next to it.

I only do this to books I rent at the library or from friends.

How autistic do you have to be for this to bother you? I'm pretty autistic and as long as it's not a library or friend's book I don't see a problem.

You're not even doing it the right way

Attached: ketch.jpg (750x460, 67K)

>Stopping in the middle of a book

L M A O

You mean you don't finish every book you start in a single sitting? No wonder you're all a bunch of brainlet cucks.

Hot

This is unironically the best way to read larger books, especially when they are near the beginning or end. It is awkward as all hell to have them full open so at least half the time I am indeed okay with folding the front cover behind the back, since you can only do it on half of the book anyway

Die

No. You are wrong.

This is a bit of an overreaction user. Always consider the human on the other side of the screen who will read your (You)

>doesn't use an ereader

please stop. I have been using a Kindle for the last 5 years but am still getting triggered by this shit

Attached: concise man.jpg (403x533, 39K)

Huh. Are you aware that screenshot is actually from an ASMR video?

youtube.com/watch?v=di8-MXpENZg

Edgy

hopefully not for long

Holy shit, she reads really fast.

and evil.

he's just very small

>tfw sometimes forget to wash my hands after a long day of manual labor than open up my book like the walking pleb that I am

I have serious problems turning the page, it is necessary to moisten my finger to read

>I'm an English Major
you must be a masochist

Why not just use a bookmarker

No problem: books enjoy being dogeared.

>A dogear is as a lover’s pinch,
>That hurts, and is desired

it's called marginalia and I love to run across it when I buy used book

Attached: William_Powell_by_Hurrell.jpg (330x449, 17K)

why not use a real dog ear?

Attached: dogear.jpg (500x375, 143K)

some women like to taste their own vaginal secretions when reading in public, so they play with themselves for a while, let their fingers air dry and then to library and "read" the book

Attached: lindseylohan.png (377x427, 240K)

>Spits onto the page, leaving a long saliva string
>Sucks the saliva string to turn the page.

You're right, but this method is completely inferior to bookmarks; a good flashcard that you jot down some notes on is a simple way to extend the life of a book you read on a weekly basis, or even to improve what you get out of any book if you don't take notes. Self-annotation is the easiest way to ruin a book especially if the margins are small because it obscures the natural alignment of text on a page and is obtrusive to the reading process. If you really have that much you want to note that doesn't warrant an individual essay than use post-it notes.

You should value the readability of the text over all things. If folding allows you a better, more attuned reading experience, than you should do it. If you are using an old, heavily worn copy, than don't destroy your book.

I'm also pre law, so you're right.

i never use a bookmark. i leave myself with a general sense of where i left off and return around there but never after. its pretty easy to know if i've gone ahead. who cares if i have to reread some 10-20 pages

I am aware of the name; it still doesn't make it desirable. If you're not an ancient jewish scholar, get out of here with that shit. though to be fair, even filling out workbooks, coloring books and madlibs would give me an awful feeling as a kid. It's not even a question that it's a problem with me and not the book or the previous owner.

dedication on the first page > notes and loose paper tucked away between the pages > half-clever shit on the sides of the actual text > highlighting and underlining with no commentsm >>> me personally writing on the sides of a book because I hate myself and don't like making the act of reading "about me"

This whole thread is an outlet for that pseudo-autistic quality among nerds to want something in MINT CONDISSCHIUN! I welcome it because I am among those people.

kek

I use a baseball card of an irrelevant 90s Detroit Tigers player which somehow came with a vintage Tigers shirt I bought on Etsy. He seems to have been the Brandon Inge of his day

I always read to the next chapter.
It's why i can't read on the way to work anymore, the amount of times i've been late because i missed my stop was threatening my career.

Lindsay Lohan is the celebrity equivalent of walking into a gas station and having some busted 30 year old attendant, who looks like she would have been attractive two baby-daddies and 6,000 packs of Marbs ago, start flirting with you.

> selling books
Who the fuck actually does this? The poor?

Fun fact, Adler strongly recommends marking up books with all kinds of annotations to "make it your own"

Attached: 1crijZbWGL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (322x499, 50K)

my friend only buys pocket books and he rips out every page he is finished reading just to make it lighter and make it more easy to pick up where he left off

he looks like a fucking mad man while reading because he reads fast

Then show me something awesome, and show me the way to become.

I don't believe you.

>have horrible nail biting problem
>constantly smudging sentences
>get so upset by this i speed read to the next page so i dont have to look at it

this made me giggle ! :)

Is it really that hard to believe that someone would rip out the pages out of a 5 dollar pocket book?

>reading this shit and having to go to the library

Attached: 1517357495309.jpg (700x719, 47K)

and he was also a talentless hack

>reading 1 page a day

im mad!

Attached: deefffw.jpg (599x804, 237K)

>Tfw annotate, highlight, and fold corners of library books while writing essays

>he thinks hes being clever and casually letting on that he knows what book it is but he's but hes not and he doesn't

I have an obsession with clean books. Probably because as a kid I got books from the library with boogers on the pages and then I got turned off by used books for a long time.

At my university's library I checked out the first edition copy of Brave New World and the first 3 or 4 times the words "Our Ford" came up in the text someone had underlined it in pen and written "Our Lord??" on the margins.

I always do this. I write general statements about the book in the front or back pages, underline good passages, and record responses or connections wherever appropriate. I find it great for rereads. Not only am I reminded of what I picked up on last time but I'm actually able to engage in a constant dialogue with myself and respond to what I had previously thought.

Top fucking kek!

Dohoho