I had coffee with Don DeLillo in New York yesterday, as a result of a letter I wrote him a few months back...

I had coffee with Don DeLillo in New York yesterday, as a result of a letter I wrote him a few months back. I don’t care if you believe me. He would not allow me to photograph him. Ask me anything.

Attached: 84C7C1F2-24D0-4F70-BBDA-74667B6A309D.jpg (500x751, 149K)

Who?

DeLillo?
>dude murica lmao

His fav books? His fav movies?

Do you have a problem with something you third-world brianlet?

What's the very first thing you asked him ? His answer ?

How many months does he have to live and will we get another one before he plops.

Did he recognize you?

‘How are you?’
‘Oh, fine.’

Most substantial and interesting thing he said, give it to me stat before I leave this terrible LARPthread.

Is he circumcised?

I’m going to be entirely honest, he seemed to be completely out of it. Still intensely perceptive, funny, and well-spoken, but somehow absent.

Saw that coming.

Post the letter you wrote to him.

Attached: 1511367639560.jpg (2848x4288, 1020K)

More or less that we’ve come to a point of such widespread dissatisfaction and separation from one another and tribalism that, rather ironically, our salvation will come from some devastating unifying event, like nuclear bomb or a plague or a meteor, and that I, not be, should write a book on that.

did you tell him he's a mediocrity working in a dead genre?

He's right about that. Is he working on anything or is he basically retired now?

He said he’s always working. We talked a lot about television/screenwriting. I believe he’s working that angle though I didn’t really ask.

>9 billion people unified

Dumbarse. You expect an event like nuclear war to make people's worldviews more malleable AND blend together? You're on zero layers, mate.

What you're going to find is micro-unifications by way of a return to monoculture (but connected) city-states via mass secessions.

I second this

Sorry, he was speaking primarily of America and Western Europe. We were unconcerned about the other 7 billion.

>Sorry, he was speaking primarily of America and Western Europe
So am I.

You said 9 billion. No you weren’t.

I firmly believe the 2nd part will apply to European and North American countries. I meant the globe will do these things, and that includes those regions. Fuck, if this is that difficult maybe you're not the best to be writing about hypothetical futures.

K

A nuclear weapon would definitely not unite the world and DeLillo is not stupid enough to believe that either. Bad fiction OP.

Wrong. Common enemy. Basic group psychology. Read one book.

I honestly think Delillo could be stupid enough to believe that. But I also don't believe OP.

>DeLillo
>Stupid
Clearly you’ve never read the man’s work.

I have. That's how I know he is stupid and shallow.

Mao 2 was embarrassing

Libra? Cosmopolis? The Names? Ratner’s Star?

I’m afraid to inform you that you’re retarded. Unfortunately, there is no known cure.

>has been sleeping under a rock for the past sixteen years

What is your point? That scapegoating a cultural or ethnic group is identical to scapegoating a goddamn nuclear missile or act of God? Are you actually retarded or what?

Yea man, if we get nuked the national discourse wont totally be people blaming each other for whose fault it was. Yea man, the appropriate course of action will totally be fully agreed upon. Yea man, 9/11 definitely showed that tragedy breeds unification. Of course if we completely forget that the current fracture in America wasn't exponentially expedited by 9/11 and we're still dealing with its confusion and aftermath. Wake up. We'll be sad for a day before the implacable rage starts.

If we could bring people together, don't you think that we would have figured a way how like 1000 years ago.

the people will come together bc there’ll remain few of us

It’s impossible. But the old man is filled with love and hope and who am I to bring him down in his last years.

Too Murifaggy for my taste, user, that's all. Too whiny.

Lol what a retard