What was the first book that ever made you feel something for a characters?

What was the first book that ever made you feel something for a characters?

Attached: 51wuHv30-ML._SX359_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (361x499, 35K)

So you were a freshman in high school?

The first? Harry Potter I guess, but I was 9

Can't think of one. I'm too autistic to feel empathy for real people, let alone fictional people.

Attached: 1506800856877.jpg (635x773, 17K)

I was a kid when i read it. Younger than high.

???

It's pretty common in the States for high school Freshmen to read Of Mice and Men.

Culrey's wife is one of the fictional people I dislike the most.

she knew Lennie crushed her husband's hand in a fight, all the other guys were telling her to stay away from Lennie and she quickly realized that Lennie was mentally challenged. Threaten to have Crooks hanged through a fake rape allegation because he told her to stay away from Lennie. She continously sought attention always talking about how she could have been a model/movie star not realizing the guys in her past said that just to fuck her. She was self- centered and a attention seeker which led to her eventual demise by Lennie's hands because she felt the need for the approval of everyone.

mfw reading reviews oMaM on goodreads and people give it 3 stars because of the poor treatment of Curley's wife. She had it coming bois.

Attached: kermit the frog.jpg (639x960, 45K)

The first time I understood parts of the catcher in the rye, the second time I read it I understood, but no longer identified as Holden. Same goes for Notes from the Underground. I did see a certain similarity to young Stephen Dedalus, but that's only recognition of the fact that both Joyce and I were teenagers that needed to solidify our opinions, same as everyone else.

I pretty much lived and breathed the Bionicle universe for my whole childhood

Attached: Bionicle_Chronicles_1.png (475x698, 716K)

See Jane Run

Attached: 55MWqhs.png (552x464, 256K)

The Redwall series for sure. I think the first one I read was The Bellmaker and then I read all of them like three times. Looking back that was some seriously intense shit for a children's series about mice, I remember vivid descriptions of animals getting torn to pieces or bloated corpses or badgers going into blood rages and using their enemies as screaming bludgeons. But overall the stories were fantastic, classic adventure stuff with some light ritualistic religious aspects but grounded enough that fucking moles and squirrels seemed relatable.

Attached: BMUS.jpg (336x500, 39K)

>she had it coming
try it in court

Huckleberry finn when I was like 7.

I never got emotional over George and overall I always found Of Mice and Men to be grossly overrated.

The Grapes of Wrath and East of Eden were pure kino, though, and hit me hard in the feels.

>mfw "Timshel!"

Attached: feels.png (645x773, 5K)

Patrician answer. Or the Bronze Bow/anything by Scott O’Dell

>Everyone on the internet is American
Really shoots up my schools

Did you feel that East of Eden and Grapes of Wrath were comparable? While the latter had its moments (for instance, the chapter where the waitress sells off the candy for cheap), East of Eden was an endless wave of feels that had me crying in the first hundred or so pages, especially after Charles beat the shit out of Adam.

Witcher books when I was 16

Attached: br.jpg (340x499, 48K)

Charlotte's web. Cried my eyes out. It was an awkward 31st birthday. Confused the hell out of the hookers and my mom.

Mariel a best.

Made me chuckle

Attached: a laughing kay at computer.jpg (381x430, 18K)

>Implying more than 50% of 4Chin traffic isn't from the USA

All quiet on the western front, damn. Made me cry. just finished reading it .

FUCK YOU REDDITOR GO BACK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: y9zlvlt49xey.jpg (800x800, 135K)

i've been around since 2012
call me a newfag if you want, but i'll redirect you to /pol/

Ender's Game, Romeo & Juliette, Les Misérables

Attached: 1477866841052.png (300x300, 7K)

For what its worth, I read Of Mice and Men in grade 9 and Im Canadian

>2012
fucking newfags i swear