ITT: times when the book Veeky Forums memed you into reading was actually good

ITT: times when the book Veeky Forums memed you into reading was actually good

Attached: 51lTDXwXmML._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (313x499, 34K)

Attached: infinitejest_small.jpg (1493x2344, 98K)

absolutely incredible book

Attached: BFE69CB1-7F06-4544-8DC9-86603D2D3593.jpg (333x499, 56K)

this unironically

Only books I've read because of Veeky Forums recommendations were Stoner and Shadow of the Torturer. Unfortunately they were shit.

>been on Veeky Forums since the board was created
>still haven't read any of the meme trilogy

IJ is great

>Shadow of the Torturer
That's because it's the exposition to a fucking four book novel retard. You didn't even get into the story yet. Read Claw and you'll probably change your mind.

I'm reading Moby Dick now so Moby Dick.

you're missing out on everything and also missing out on nothing

Stoner.

Krazsnahorkai is probably my favourite living author since Veeky Forums memed me into reading Melancholy of Resistance.

Book of the New Sun

>Shadow of the Torturer
>Shit
t.

Attached: FAC7018D-8EE7-48BA-97BA-247DFA7555F9.png (406x452, 30K)

TBK

Is neuromancer good?

You just memed me into hating people who used "memed" and "meme" for everything

Reading Dune atm. It's not my usual genre but it's a nice change. Enjoying it so far.

I have only read Magic Mountain and Death in Venice by Mann. How does this compare?

I realize Moby-Dick is a meme here but certainly it is also a massively popular and highly praised book outside of Veeky Forums. Amazing book either way.

Nice. Check out Thomas Bernhard if you haven't. I recommend Woodcutters.

I didn't think so. Probably worth reading to decide for yourself if you have even a passing interest in sci-fi.

Nice. Dune is great.

Attached: Savage.jpg (307x500, 57K)

Solid 8.5/10, but not the greatest novel ever written as some have called it, though you don't see many of those on Veeky Forums anymore.

Submission by Houllebecq. Kind of apprehensive about reading it due to hearing how racist it supposedly was but it was really fucking good and I liked his take on culture and academia.

Books Veeky Forums as memed me to read:
>Blood Meridian
>The Iliad
>The Odyssey
>Lolita
>Master and Margarita
>Moby Dick
>Notes from the Underground
>The Great Gatsby
>The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra

I've enjoyed every single one

No. It’s weird because it’s the origin of so many things that have been copied then parodied then copied again. It’s prose is also clunky. I couldn’t get into it past the first chapter though. I’ll try it again one day.

Unironically Gravity's Rainbow

Yes, although a bit juvenile at some points.

Heard about Dazai's "no longer human" few days ago, found a friend who happened to have it, read it overnight. I enjoyed it. Still needs some digesting but it was an interesting read nonetheless. Thanks Veeky Forums

Nothing Veeky Forums talks about i hadn’t already known about, not a single fucking book, you people are worthless scum. the arrogance of 4channers who have to drink from the exact same waters as any other intelligent individual, but they have disgusting psychedlic tribalism that created their identity, is beyond words or contempt any one person could even bear all at once if they had the decency to see the hideous disparity in appearance and function of internet subcultures. Useless parrot mirrors, or worse metronomes guided by some disembodied geist, a telos from the bowels of 20th century Nietzschean techno-nihilism simultaneously “spirited” and castrated, always babbling with the most degenerated, evil inverted signs. Veeky Forums is one of the abominations of the days before judgement. That people can look at any social media or forum, im app on their pocket mirrors is indictment against the worth of the race. Something like that is ready for the grave and will not be at rest till its been turned totally to fine dust.

Can you tell me where you read that? I want to read it to my fellow 4channer :)

Veeky Forums memed me into starting with the greeks and I've got to say that it's been an incredible ride so far
The Illiad has become one of my prefered books now

If on a winter's night a traveler

Beckett's Trilogy, but I loved it. I know some cucks found it impenetrable, so I know I've transcended my old NEET "autodidact" shell.

Shadow of the Torturer
I really liked it

It's kind of unfortunate just how much it gets memed here but then again if it wasn't I wouldn't have read it

If you're over 18, you've probably missed the point in which it becomes worthwhile.