Anyone here read The Plague?

Anyone here read The Plague?

Attached: Danny DeVito-IHA-008941.jpg (400x600, 71K)

Wow, seriously? You guys aren't even going to give me an answer? Fuck all of you stuck up assholes.

i don't give a RAT'S ASS what you think

I was going to respond but this post just put me off, you douche

fucking faggot thinks he is entitled to our attention, get lost kid

get memed fags

epic

Attached: thiskillsthesoy.jpg (1280x720, 34K)

>i was gonna , but you just put me off
This fucking argument.

it's not an argument

Your mom is argument.

Dude, you're not fucking funny. You pulled this same shit on another thread. You posted the OP, waited 5 minutes, and posted a reply REEEEEing about how no one on one of the slowest Veeky Forums boards replied to you within those 5 minutes. You're a shitty troll and we can see through your autistic bait. Go fucking kill yourself.

Sage and report this thread.

fuck off

thank mr skeltal

I did. I liked it very much.

>“There are more things to admire in men then to despise.”
You just proved Camus was wrong.

>Anyone here read The Plague?
I've read it, it's okay. Camus kinda lost flavor once I realized God is real and my balls dropped.

>Camus kinda lost flavor once I realized God is real
I felt the same when I read The Stranger, but I still thought it was a good read. Is it worth reading his other works?

Read it. Really liked it. The part that stuck with me the longest is when they head out swimming and look back upon the shore and the city. Great scene, good book.

I read The Stranger which was pretty interesting, then I read The Myth of Sisyphus, which I found to be pretentious garbage.

He wrongly links suicide with a lack of meaning, which I find very short-sighted and indicative that he likely never went through a proper life crisis.

I don't think people find so much issue with meaninglessness, but with the wear and tear of constant suffering and unhappiness. Hell, I think the average robot on /r9k has more insight in this matter; Camus comes across like a 12 year old lecturing people about sexuality.

This really put me off when I read the essay, and with the entire premise undermined like this, I don't think The Myth of Sisyphus has anything of value to say. If he didn't get hit by a car, old age might have made him reconsider some of his stances.

Also, the triumphalist atheism that underlines the whole essay really didn't age well. Unless you're some fedora-wearing American vlogger, you don't really feel strong animosity towards spirituality, especially if you're in Europe and virtually nobody around you gives a fuck about religion.

I guess he has his merits, if you're a minor and still trying to find your way. He's worth reading as part of Existentialism as a whole, but definitely not worth lingering on.

Attached: imsosmart.png (226x223, 7K)

So there seems to be a decent amount of Camus hate.

As someone who likes the optimism of absurdism and his take on existentialism, what are some potential recommended readings to further myself from something that is apparently plebeian.

For reference: I am not an atheist. Sort of agnostic but open to the idea of a sort of amorphous oversoul type of God

"Nowadays not even a suicide kills himself in desperation. Before taking the step he deliberates so long and so carefully that he literally chokes with thought. It is even questionable whether he ought to be called a suicide, since it is really thought which takes his life. He does not die with deliberation but from deliberation."
Kierkegaard said it better

Just read Kierkegaard, he was the one that wrote about absurdism in the first place, although not directly referring to the 'absurd' he covers it entirely though concepts of angst and anxiety.

holy shit thanks for that user. I had this line from an 80's tv show where the protagonist says "I don't give a rats pajamas ..." and now I know what that was a euphemism before.

Walter Kaufmann has sound commentary on Existentialist writers, so he might be a good starting point for you to pick & choose new stuff.

I would also recommend Nietzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra, especially the first 2 parts.

This must be a bait, even /r9k/ is dropped.
>I don't think people find so much issue with meaninglessness, but with the wear and tear of constant suffering and unhappiness.
People find the suffering and pain and unhappiness meaningless. Stacies, chads are rich people will hardly end up thinking about the existencial crisis.