Would this be a good intro to Christianity?

Would this be a good intro to Christianity?

And what do Catholics think about it?

Attached: paradise-lost-john-milton-1-728.jpg?cb=1291322728.jpg (728x1124, 401K)

Start with the Pre-Socratics

stfu beta

>Dude everything is water!

back to /r9k/

The Bible is a pretty good intro to Christianity.

No, a good intro to Christianity would unironically be The Greeks: Plato, Aristotle, Proclus, Plotinus, then Augustine and The Bible. Christianity is synthesis of Old Testament prophecy and a brilliant series of lectures on agape, where the central figure of Christ is a mythologized, anthropomorphized messiah representing the highest good.

Paradise Lost is a good read only after you already have at least a passing familiarity with the NT and OT.

...no.

Not bad, yeah.

Do I need to read Dante to appreciate Paradise Lost?

I've read the Bible.

fpbp heraclitus and parmenides took speculative metaphysics to their endpoints right from the beginning and it has been downhill since

Attached: so silly.jpg (1080x1349, 127K)

please tell me she has a dick

who is this trap

Attached: qtredshirt.jpg (960x1280, 336K)

Christianity is a shit-tier religion, just like anything originated from the desert.

Definitely not.

No. But you should read him anyway.

Attached: danteposting.jpg (600x496, 105K)

>Roman Empire and Hellenic culture
>Desert

what is your ranking of religious beliefs, o ye connoisseur of true faiths?

>inb4 atheist

Attached: damn-bitch-you-live-like-this-14691150.png (500x522, 85K)

Taoism > Confucianism > Buddhism > Hinduism > the rest > shit > Abrahamic religions

Ohnononononono HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*inhales*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>satan quads
begone, weeaboo, and think deeply on how your infatuation with eastern mysticism is merely a reactionary position adopted as a result of your rejecting your native faith. I'll be praying for you user.

Attached: wojakconfess.jpg (214x235, 7K)

Try the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew chs. 5-7.

1 Corinthians has instructions about Christian life within community (i.e. church)

The Didache also has helpful instruction for Christian community and hospitality.

Milton was a heretical protestant, though we’ll keep him because we need a great poet on our side.

(ps ask me how I know you're a larping weeb and not a genuinely practicing asian? because no Confucian would have recognized Hinduism, and no Buddhist would recommend Taoism. Just stop with the yellow fever already it's embarrassing.)

Attached: youjughead.png (480x473, 686K)

this won't ever not be reddit
>egone, weeaboo, and think deeply on how your infatuation with eastern mysticism is merely a reactionary position adopted as a result of your rejecting your native faith
Christianity isn't native to Europe and Weebs would be into Shinto and Zen buddhism
Confucianism is trash, Buddhism is only worth Tibetan Buddhism and Zen, Hinduism is garbage outside of Vedanta and Tantra, Hermeticism and Platonism are extremely powerful if a bit deadened by time, Esoteric Gnosticism is good, everything else is evil. Daoism is however the greatest of all faiths

Must be right.

Attached: 1520789006749.png (1040x1080, 1.86M)

Daoism is the best one there, I’m glad you recognize this.

Daoism is BY FAR the most empowering of all eastern religions. It is NOT a pussy religion. And the reason? It believes in God. Who wudda think that the only monotheistic Eastern religion believes in a central God, who is one with nature. Its almost reminiscent of the Koran, how it talks about a king and God together like that.

Daoism is definitely compatible with Abrahamic religion, so the Christians and Muslims on Veeky Forums should like it.

Uhm, no sweetie, actually everything is fire

>And the reason? It believes in God
no, it does not at all.
>Who wudda think that the only monotheistic Eastern religion believes in a central God
No, because there are Hindu sects that believe in Monotheistic deities as are there ancient Chinese faiths that believe in it, the Dao is not a God you stupid fucking LARPfag
>who is one with nature
The Dao isn't nature, it comes before Heaven and Earth
>Its almost reminiscent of the Koran
No, just in your head faggot
>how it talks about a king and God together like that
it doesn't say anything like that, it says that Heaven and Earth are in order when the King is one with the Dao and when the people live with the Dao, it advocates for minimalist Monarchy, literally the Emperor is said to not bother the people and the people do what they have to naturally.
>Daoism is definitely compatible with Abrahamic religion, so the Christians and Muslims on Veeky Forums should like it.
I want to punch you in the eye