Thoughts on Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand?

Thoughts on Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand?

Attached: a.jpg (1632x1224, 392K)

That is the worst stack I've ever seen

Great book. Keep that and The Prince. Throw the rest of that shit in the trash.

>posting a picture of a thick paperback with no cracks in it's spine
I can understand that some people are edgelords who really admire these books, but why does a man pretend to be autistic and then ask for a bunch of people online to call them autistic, at the price of having to pay for books he won't even read

Attached: 1508361390641.png (540x541, 228K)

>Throw the rest of that shit in the trash.
Why?

Have you read any of those?

That house looks too nice for such a pleb to live in. Do you clean up after the owners?

arent stacks supposed to be what youre about to read? fuck is wrong with you pre-breaking in your books

Anyone admitting to like Atlas Shrugged should justifiably be redirected to /pol/ for the rest of their lives. Same for unironically believing Ludwig Von Mises to be a ‘good economist’

did some ancap come in here once and post this and you all just punish him forever for it?

>the masses are mindless
>read my dogmatic fantasy book to see the truth of this
>all smart people are attractive, all dumb people are hideous (see pic related as proof of this)
>smoking is an identifying feature of anyone with individuality and good work ethic
>100+ page speeches rehashing the same basic idea
>misinterprets selfishness and self centeredness (defined as excess)
>I'll actually put a curse on your dick
Okay I bit, no more of this shit for at least another month please

Attached: Alisa Zinov'yevna Rosenbaum.jpg (306x164, 4K)

In fairness, there's a significant correlation between being good-looking, intelligent and wealthy. All three of those tend to come as a package deal way more often than chance.

Rand was a cute jewess.

The annual
>Do what you feel festival
Parodied by the Simpsons

What the fuck is up with people putting there shows in the shot of their stacks?

>Promotes the self above all else
>Follow ones self interest
>Doesn't understand why the man she loves won't leave his better looking wife for her dead stare.
>Dies relying on a system built on some form of altruism
>probably wanked off a horny Alan Greenspan to fuck the economy

That’s because those people have access to better services than people with less money. It’s like complaining that since poor people are fat, this is evidence that poverty is not inherently as bad as it used to be. By substituting one cause for another, psychologically you’re making a fallacy where it shouldn’t be.

In other words, poor people are fat because they don’t have access to better food. And wealthier people are better looking because they have access to better cosmetic services and dental hygiene etc. , not the perceived conclusion I.e. that poor people are well fed or that more wealthy people are genetically superior to those with less money.

Keep the Bell Curve too.

Make no mistake, the upper middle class are quite cultureless. Note how none of the books in the pic have ever been opened.

there may be, but not in the way she writes about it
i can imagine someone being good-looking because they take good care of themself or getting rich because of charisma, but she'll have every woman fantasise about every factory owner she meets
it's the same with intelligence, i understand you need it for most well paid jobs, but in the book everyone is a talented artist who independently discovered calculus at the age of 11

>Note how none of the books in the pic have ever been opened.
>thinks books have to be damaged to show any signs of use

kys plebian

Stay ravaged stacklet

Absolutely not. I can guarantee you, throwing away Atlas Shrugged and The Bell Curve are necessities above all. Absolute trash from atheists

>he doesn't participate in the ritual breaking of the spine before reading a new book

Attached: 1497790302396.jpg (244x323, 22K)

That's an awful lot of hand-waving about obesity without addressing the state of the art on the distribution of heritable traits.

Outside of any philosophical message are Rand's novels any good?

They're better than anything posted in critique threads here, but still terrible.

> redpill collection
> no Turner Diaries
Nigga are you even trying?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

It's the number one book that everyone pretends to have read because they have some hot opinions to share which are really just some regurgitated shit they've heard from their lefty friends.

Looks like a great door-stopper; just read an essay on Objectivism.

Oh wow Veeky Forums is having Culture of Critique threads now? Lmao the invasion worked

>objectivism
>redpill
are YOU even trying nigger