What's the most anti-life book ever wrote? like absolutely anti-human, anti-natalism and anti-life itself

what's the most anti-life book ever wrote? like absolutely anti-human, anti-natalism and anti-life itself.

Attached: 7301_46dc1641-5fb1-4b55-b602-2d680321b1bc.jpg (800x532, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

econlog.econlib.org/archives/2016/08/tolstoy_hypocri.html
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EHBSNK2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The bible

Anything by Marx and Engels

you mean The God Delusion by Dawkins

Echopraxia, recently.
Previously, Kafka.

The rotting God - Mainländers Metaphysic of Entropy.

>Kafka.
how?

my diary desu

>Marx and Engels
This 100% unironically
I don't think they knew what they'd unleash but they were clearly smart guys if they understood Hegel, they must have known the unnatural implications of what they were saying, and its ease of being turned into pure evil.

lmao. . . .
>inb4 YOU ARE LAUGHING AT THE BODIES OF THE 1000 MILLION!!!

Can you stop derailing my thread with stupid right-wing opinions? This isn't the thread for it, a commie might just come in here and say how capitalism is responsible for all of the worlds misery and then it's just a stupid political debate. Go on /pol/ if you want that stuff.

Attached: 80f02e0d23068cb286d24a1f7a4b4ef5f6f5f92ef739b0be7a21f0eac871b252.jpg (960x539, 51K)

o rly? that's how Echopraxia is?
read Blindsight months ago but haven't got around to Echo yet, this is motivation

Without spoiling it, I thought the way the story ties up is a huge feck off to the whole hfy phenomenon

>Anything by Marx and Engels
/thread

Attached: b92bc0e047ee138be241cdfc1f6c2ccb79409d4651ce2a941bef4674933fc771.jpg (514x720, 107K)

Yeah Marx caused a LOT of damage.

Second place might be the author of the Quran. That book ruined a good chunk of the world's population.

before capitalism, life didn't exist

Fanged Noumena by Uncle Nicky Land
white supremacists think that Kafka was trying to insert pessimism into the soul of young western men when he was actually lamenting the bug existence of modernity which would turn into the termite hive of post-modernity and the giant neuroptic hellscape of the hyper modern world. They're fucking apes, its not even worth listening to most of the words they type

Who is this semen demon?

Well, why are they wrong?

is it hard being this much of a faggot all the time?

War and Peace

>We all profess the Christian law of forgiveness of sins and love for one's neighbour--the law, in honour of which we have raised forty times forty churches in Moscow--but yesterday we knouted to death a deserter; and the minister of that same law of love and forgiveness, the priest, gave the soldier the cross to kiss before his punishment.

econlog.econlib.org/archives/2016/08/tolstoy_hypocri.html

The reason War and Peace is such a good misanthrope book is that it was written in the 19th century, so you can't blame any shittyness on contemporary cultural trends, like so many do. Doesn't matter if you're on a college campus in 2018 or an aristocratic ball in 1805, people are shitty everywhere.

That makes me think: Does anyone know of any even earlier misanthrope books? Like Greek stuff?

Attached: blackpill.png (567x652, 247K)

mainländer

I already said why in the post you're replying to
> when he was actually lamenting the bug existence of modernity which would turn into the termite hive of post-modernity and the giant neuroptic hellscape of the hyper modern world.
he wasn't trying to turn people into bugs he was expressing total bewilderment and helplessness in the maw of an evil regime, bureacratic technocracy and capitalism. that was the whole point, it turns you into an office bug, you become a mincing slave and it manufactures sociopathy, it was also a commentary on in-group out-group mania. Just exposing humans for being insane evil apes who've constructed cannibalistic machinic hives that mulch people's souls. That's the point, looming doom, dehumanization, total atomization. How is that not noble? he had the sensitivity to be aware of all that and express it in a beautiful, but depressing manner. The point is a cry for help, a last picture of the world before everyone forgets what human looks like. Its dignified, not at all what /pol/ thinks it is. they don't relate with it because they are bugs, they like cities, they like office pencil pushing, they like wage-cucking and pro sports and driving in traffic and being a fucking bitch to their boss and families. They enjoy the misery of being a modern human, they just want white people shit everywhere instead of ambiguous caucasoid culture. That's it. They're fucking insects just like the culture Kafka was decrying.

Well the second part anyway . The OT is dank ass “our people over all” self loving affirmation badassery

Not a single one a you chuckle fucks posted this yet?

Attached: download.png (300x168, 8K)

>Just exposing humans for being insane evil apes who've constructed cannibalistic machinic hives that mulch people's souls.

and the disgruntled who know nothing other than the machine fight back, that's the polarity here i guess. you can understand where they are coming from without agreeing with them.

what is your alternative? you probably are an ideologue yourself, with your own vision of a new machine to eat humans souls...or less me guess, your ideas are totally radically and different, yada yada

/thread

The evenings by Gerard Reve. At first it might not seem to be evil or pessimistic, the way he is able to turn the entire existence into meaninglessness is absolutely stunning and horrifying at the same time

Attached: getimage-425.jpg (1570x2407, 1.72M)

FPBP

Thacker, Ligotti, Cioran, Schopenhauer's essays, Unabomber. Pick your poison.

Why the fuck would anyone write that shit instead of just fragging themselves . You will only ever see books from writers who believe sharing their writing is worthwhile which biases your sample of possible books.

This fiction novel 'Neuropath' uses the philosophy of Eliminative materialism as a plot theme.

The philosophy is based on neurological studies that suggest that humans have no free will and your perceptions are really a sort of theater projection illusion. Meaning your brain makes a decision before you are consciously aware of having made a decision.

There is a cool scene where the antagonist causally talks about psychologically torturing and brainwashing a prisoner in Gitmo. Uses the research to make a machine that manipulates people's minds.

Setting is on the backdrop of a sort of 'Black Mirror' style punk-exaggerated near future.

>absolutely stunning and horrifying at the same time
I would say heavily autistic and annoying, but according to goodreads I'm in the minority here.

AYO WHO THAT THOT SENPAI HIMME UP WITH SAUCE

total idiots
disregard these brainlets

it's natalie portman dipshit, quit annoying everyone

name a more disasterous ideology spawned by a couple books and edgy atheists.
you can't

Attached: DLEpahyXkAADtc8.jpg (1024x969, 225K)

This is good stuff, a very Dutch book.

I came looking for it in this thread but I haven't read it yet.

enlightenment

A Jewish Homosexual, Lee Edelman, wrote a book called "No Future: Queer Theory and the Death Drive." It's considered a foundational work of Queer Theory:
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EHBSNK2

>In this searing polemic, Lee Edelman outlines a radically uncompromising new ethics of queer theory. His main target is the all-pervasive figure of the child, which he reads as the linchpin of our universal politics of “reproductive futurism.” Edelman argues that the child, understood as innocence in need of protection, represents the possibility of the future against which the queer is positioned as the embodiment of a relentlessly narcissistic, antisocial, and future-negating drive. He boldly insists that the efficacy of queerness lies in its very willingness to embrace this refusal of the social and political order. In No Future, Edelman urges queers to abandon the stance of accommodation and accede to their status as figures for the force of a negativity that he links with irony, jouissance, and, ultimately, the death drive itself.

>Arguing that the traditional Western concept of politics is predicated on making the future a better place and that the accepted literal as well as symbolic image of the future is the child, he states that "queerness names the side of those not "fighting for the children." Edelman argues that homosexuality's perceived social threat has to do with its separation from the act of reproduction, yet, he says, this non-reproductive capacity must be embraced as a social good.

Attached: 61dT9Me16GL._SL480_.jpg (298x480, 23K)

À rebours by Huysmans

Annoying for sure, that was sort of the point. But why would you say that it's autistic?

>From February of that year on, Mainländer's mental collapse – which has been compared to the collapse Nietzsche would suffer years later[9] – became apparent. Eventually, descending into megalomania and believing himself to be a messiah of social democracy,[8]:124 on the night on April 1, 1876, Mainländer hanged himself in his residence in Offenbach, using a pile of copies of The Philosophy of Redemption (which had arrived the previous day from his publisher) as a platform. He was thirty-four years old.
KEK

This one is definitely on to something. What makes it more horrendous is the capability of joining actually disparate values using the guise of the death drive. It's the kind of shit people nowadays are calling 'optmistic nihilism' without realizing it. Pretty much a death sentence for itself and more dangerous than the explicitly pessimistic stuff from Ligotti or even Land.

this
I wish it was translated to English; I mean knowing Swedish and English pretty much makes able to read German, but it would take too long.

Please user, it's a critique of naturalism and a satire of the insufficiency of sensualism to satisfy man. It's Huysman's first Catholic work that begins by defeating those idols of our age, continues with his next work La Bas on Satanism, then we have the next three Durant books on his conversion to Catholic life after the defeat of those other alternatives.

>implying catholicism doensn´t lead to pure nihilism
see

Kino suicide

my diary desu

Mikhail Artsybashev's book Sanin. It's an anti-everything treasure

>Edelman urges queers to abandon the stance of accommodation and accede to their status as figures for the force of a negativity that he links with irony, jouissance, and, ultimately, the death drive itself.
>tfw reddit and twitter are literally full of queers

Attached: 18ojv3wu5q3rojpg.jpg (636x475, 31K)

According to Wikipedia, Philosophy of Redemption is currently being translated.

Also here is their source

Attached: wiki-note19.png (583x150, 23K)

>reads neetshit once

>What is Ecclesiastes
>What are the Psalms

>ideologies are "spawned" by books and people
so this is the power of bourgeois philosophy

Beatriz Fernández

I don't wanna argue on this because I didn't particularly care about the book, but I'm sure À Rebours isn't in his catholic phase yet
Indeed, it eventually lead to protestantism

>ever wrote

Schopenhauer if you ignore all the helpful tips on human behaviour.

Thanks, starting Blindsight now.

>using nazi deflection tactics while still pretending you're a moral system

commies, everyone

Attached: 1364293345262.png (195x179, 45K)

nazism

Excuse me Veeky Forums - I wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask...

p. 65 - 66
"Afterwards, in the Italian region of the republic struggling against the encroaching city of Pagas," he had "taken part" in the
revolution
Sengara Emilia Gould aka Mrs. Gould - English woman, wife of Charles Gould, who is living in Salaco. Mrs. Gould doesn't like the concept of Capitalism or at least has several sentiments against it over the course of the next few pages “Ah, yes! The religion of silver and iron." he says sardonically on page 100
and the other essential characters are Nostromo, Senor Don Vincante Ribania and Charles Gould
... have I got this right?

>That makes me think: Does anyone know of any even earlier misanthrope books? Like Greek stuff?

Can't think of an extant Greek writer off hand, but for Roman, Seneca's tragedies come pretty close, especially Thyestes.

>smart guys

i agree, since humanity is the definition of degeneracy

the book of disquiet

>I suffer from life and from other people. I can’t look at reality face to face. Even the sun discourages and depresses me. Only at night and all alone, withdrawn, forgotten and lost, with no connection to anything real or useful — only then do I find myself and feel comforted.

>I never tried to be anything other than a dreamer. I never paid any attention to people who told me to go out and live. I belonged always to whatever was far from me and to whatever I could never be. Anything that was not mine, however base, always seemed to be full of poetry. The only thing I ever loved was pure nothingness.

>To write is to forget. Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life.

>The essence of what I desire is simply this: to sleep away life.

>May I at least carry, to the boundless possibility contained in the abyss of everything, the glory of my disillusion like that of a great dream, and the splendor of not believing like a banner of defeat; a banner in feeble hands, but still and all a banner, dragged through mud and the blood of the weak but raised high for who knows what reason - whether in defiance, or as a challenge, or in mere desperation - as we vanish into quicksand. No one knows for what reason, because no one knows anything, and the sand swallows those with banners as it swallows those without. And the sand covers everything: my life, my prose, my eternity. I carry my awareness of defeat like a banner of victory.

>To say! To know how to say! To know how to exist via the written voice and the intellectual image! This is all that matters in life; the rest is men and women, imagined loves and factitious vanities, the wiles of our digestion and forgetfulness, people squirming- like worms when a rock is lifted - under the huge abstract boulder of the meaningless blue sky.

>Everything around me is evaporating. My whole life, my memories, my imagination and its contents, my personality - it's all evaporating. I continuously feel that I was someone else, that I felt something else, that I thought something else. What I'm attending here is a show with another set. And the show I'm attending is myself.

>Happy the creators of pessimistic systems! Besides taking refuge in the fact of having made something, they can exult in their explanation of universal suffering, and include themselves in it. I don't complain about the world. I don't protest in the name of the universe. I'm not a pessimist. I suffer and complain, but I don't know if suffering is the norm, nor do I know if it's human to suffer. Why should I care to know? I suffer, without knowing if I deserve to. I'm not a pessimist. I'm sad.

un homme qui dort

the movie is great too

Echopraxia and Blindsight are both deeply existentially depressing. anything by Peter Watts, honestly

>marx and engels
you are dumb as shit

>Schopenhauer
agree

Attached: 414A27TCrbL._SX335_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (337x499, 32K)

yeah, that's a strong contender.

Can you try and find contact details for the translator? I can't seem to find anything

unironically this. kinda end the discussion really. most philosophers that Ligotti referred to write this book really killed themselves in the end.

Fanged Noumena, as already mentioned in this thread, or any of the stories coming out of the CCRU/Nick Land around the 90s

Top 5 anime suicides

wtf I want to kill myself now

Easily my fav thread of the week.

Is Houellebec a pessimist, Anons? Heard he's cool.

It's available in Spanish already mwahhaah

How?

What a fag. I like pessimism but manly pessimism.

Literally the Pali canon. Any other reply is retarded

>Book of Disquiet
>Effete bipolarity
>Rigidly anti-natalist, anti-life

Pick one

the Tripitaka

Literally Nietzsche.

Attached: quran.jpg (185x300, 71K)

Muhammad was a better person than you were and he believed in God.

Communism is way worse

>H.P. Lovecraft: Against the world, against life

Houellebecq

Life is conflict and struggle. Huysmans wrote that is was his first Catholic work, a proto-Catholicism or beginning. He faced later criticism from some Catholics to disavow it and told them "no," it remains the beginning of the spiritual journey to Catholicism for reasons here

>your perceptions are really a sort of theater projection illusion

When people discuss perception without considering Gibson

>Muhammad was a better person

I don't excessively hate religion but ok bud