Books for brainlets? My partner is a real meathead and I'm trying to introduce him to the joys of reading...

Books for brainlets? My partner is a real meathead and I'm trying to introduce him to the joys of reading. So far he's read and enjoyed some autobiographies about sports players and soldiers but I was wondering if Veeky Forums could suggest something a little more abstract, but that would still appeal to that type of macho mindset.

For the record, we agreed that we'd both try and pick up some of the other's hobbies so please don't accuse me of disrupting his peace and quiet with my shrill wailing.

Attached: black hole.png (1024x595, 559K)

children's books

>partner
Fag

>my partner

>Partner

Attached: 410841.jpg (292x450, 44K)

whats so weird about OP having a partner, i dont get it

salright desu senpai

Fags get the rope.

Reading books is a hell of a hobby to push on someone its not like picking up a tv series or playing a couple games of league every once in a while. Youre probably not going to have much success putting him on to Veeky Forums canon immediately. If hes comfortable with biographies then reccommend historical figures who also had a masculine slant.

implying OP is male.

>implying there are women on Veeky Forums

they barely post because of creeps like you

If he's into manly men doing manly things, then tell him to go read the Greeks. Teach him about the Greek concept of arete (ἀρετή), and talk to him about devotion towards one's country and one's family.

Start him of with some non fiction about polemology or history? If he's interested in soldiers life he might be interested in the political and historical phenomena's that shape these lifes.

Attached: doesn'treadxbizenoughtopostonlit.png (600x900, 894K)

Women are more likely to use gender neutral terms like partner. Just go to any female dominated online community, even if vast majority of them are straight, they still for some reason use they and partner when referring to their boyfriends.

Romance of the Tbree Kingdoms

Have him watch the tv show first then get him to read it

Dump that brainlet and date me instead

Roastie whore with a monkey bf or fag with a monkey fag bf. Try better never to have been.

>So far he's read and enjoyed some autobiographies about sports players and soldiers

ty i needed that good laugh

Attached: 1465189209993.jpg (300x250, 10K)

Divorce the brainlet desu.

Lee Child "Jack Reacher" novels,

The guy is like a Sherlock Holmes/ Rambo that uncannily observes, theorizes and uncovers strange criminal conspiracies then head-butts or machine-guns everyone to death toward the end of the book. The stories/ concepts and conspiracies are actually interesting and moderately intellectual but also very formulaic.

Written by a prolific British guy and takes place in the USA so everything is slightly Eagleland extreme. I like them.

Soldier's memoirs are top tier. Has he read Storm of Steel?

I dumped my ex who was a real brainlet
Still feel a little bit bad about it, it was unkind

about to dump my bf for being a dicklet

Start him off with straightforward, grounded, masculine books that lean towards entertaining while still trying to be 'art.'

Hemingway is easy to ready and manly. "Shoeless Joe" is another decent book that the movie "Field of Dreams" is based off of. "The Godfather" might be good too for the same reasons of familiarity. "All Quiet on the Western Front" is a solid fiction on the expireinces of German soldiers in First World War. Ernst Junger's "Storm of Steel" is also good. Orwell is another readable author with a lot of autobiographical work.

Just get some dick on the side user.

Stop being such a lovelet!

Attached: 1503957235855.jpg (583x616, 27K)

well you sure sound like you've got nothing to offer but your pussy, go ahead then
report back when you turn 30

sounds like a good idea

Good, they can fuck off to tumblr

Only pic related is allowed

Attached: 1521686207647.jpg (397x500, 59K)

4real guys, don't help this bitch! Make her date a real cultured man, instead of trying to culture her Chad. Fuck off back to hell Stacy

You are a faggot, KYS

>For the record, we agreed that we'd both try and pick up some of the other's hobbies so please don't accuse me of disrupting his peace and quiet with my shrill wailing.
I would like to know who's idea this was.

f*male

OP here.

Calm your tits people, I'm not a grill.

His, actually. He wants me to go to gym with him.

Are you a twink? Are you the top or bottom?

No u faggot

Was the idea of sharing each other's hobby your counter proposal?

Suicide pact? You first, and I promise I'll follow

I should mention, thanks for all the great suggestions in this thread. I like this idea for teaching him that fiction stories don't have to be gay dragons and shit and can be fun even for adults, but all the people suggesting non-fiction works about war and politics at a higher level than the individual soldier are good ideas too.

Good thing we get to read more than one book in life.

I'm a lanklet booknerd (without being auschwitz mode). We swap.

Yes. I'll engage in physical exercise if you engage in mental exercise. It's easier on him that it is on me, because you can read books you enjoy instead of books you don't, but you can't lift weights any way other than the way it's done.

you can buy a huge dick separately
unlike wits

Sure. Lets meet up. I'll bring my gun. After I kill myself you can take it and do yourself in.

California bitch. Y toi?

Don't give him fiction if you want him to be well adjusted, that's for sure.

That really narrows it down. You're super tough user, I'm fucking scared.