Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life...

>Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life.

Why do christians hate Life, Veeky Forums?

Attached: neetchan.jpg (1835x2122, 1.68M)

It's an outdated view. I know only a couple of hard-core Christians these days who wait for second coming etc. The majority use it to comfort themselves when life hits hard

Life was historically, pretty much shit, since most people were peasant farmers.

Because life is shit.

It's an outdated view because Christianity is dead and any semblance of true worship in the West is gone.

dood I define worship xDD

Haha it's kinda true

1 The words of the Teacher, son of David, king in Jerusalem:

2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”
3 What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
ever returning on its course.
7 All streams flow into the sea,
yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
there they return again.
8 All things are wearisome,
more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
nor the ear its fill of hearing.
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
by those who follow them.

I'm sure your faith and remembrance of your god is just as potent as it was for peasants in the 12th century.

Oh jee sounds like we have an aristocrat on our hands

He's got a valid point, though. The easiest way to identify Christians these days is the necklace they wear, not their behavior or words.

>Christians are identifiable

I'm a born-again Christian. We do, in a sense, despise this life because it is of the flesh. Here's scripture that best captures why:
>1 John 2:14-17 (KJV)

>14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

>15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

>16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

>17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

It it written that those who become friends with the world become enemies to GOD. This is because not only is the entire world run by the wicked one but people worship idols to pass their time here. By idols i'm referring to: secular music, sports, celebrities, art, religion, science, money, and work. It's all a big deception that people are falling under.
It is very difficult to find the truth unless you actively seek it. Blessed are those who come to the truth, understand it, and live by it. For that man or woman has gained peace and everlasting life throught Jesus Christ.

>secular music, sports, celebrities, art, religion, science, money, and work.

Religion and work sound Christian to me. Also nobody worships the other things, besides money. They're just distractions.

>For all that is in the world... is not of the Father, but of the world
I'm a bit confused by this part. If God created the world, why is it so bad? I know it's bad in comparison to Him, but I still it serves some purpose through its own beauty. It's important to not love the world too much, I get that, but hating the world is equally as bad.

>no one worships art
found the pleb

Christianity isn't a typical religion, it's a way of life. Most religions involve following man-made traditions and interpretations. For example, Catholics attend Ash Wednesday, confess their sins to a priest, and venerate Mary or statues. None of those things are in the Bible. True Christianity, on the other hand, involves a personal connection with the LORD. We don't play church on Sunday and then sin all we want the rest of the week. We commute with GOD on the regular and meditate over his words and law. I honestly don't feel restricted. When you truly accept the LORD, you come to a peace and understanding that the world is filled with lies. I praise GOD for delivering me out of the lies.

Verse 17 says it all. It still passes away because it was corrupted since man's fall. There's more to it than Adam and Eve's transgression but the gist of the matter is that this world cannot compare to the kingdom. Jesus states multiple times that once you follow him and preach his word you will be hated by the world. The reason being is that you are not from this world since you mind heavenly things. You care about your eternal place after you die and therefore don't place much thought about the current whimsical nature of living in the flesh. Living in the flesh will bring you no peace because you're constantly striving for the next event, thing, person or place. I know what that's like since I've lived throught it.

Where in the Bible is sola scriptura?

The view of medieval Christianity as fundamentally authentic in a way that modern Christianity cannot be, is overly romanticized and not really true. People have always negotiated supernatural beliefs with pragmatism in complex and interesting ways - not to mention that the "Christian worldview" is an amalgam of Greek, Roman and various other intellectual traditions and not somehow singularly stemming from the New Testament. There is a lot of modern historiography on this subject that examines the primary sources without the aura of romantic mysticism which has cloaked the period for centuries.

If everything about earthly life is big deception, then why does it exist in the first place? You have no coherent answers to this question without resorting to narrative mythology about man's Sundering and separation from God, which is somehow an universal fault applicable to every individual. Either the universe is simply inherently material, or the creator of material suffering is hostile to humans and needs to be resisted until he provides a doubtless account and communication with his creation.

Literally all of religious doubt would go away if a mid-tier angel appeared in a populated city and gave us the basics of what we need to do in a few sentences. Hell, if an angel appeared next to me in this second and told me to become a Catholic, I'd do it - obviously I want to avoid whatever the punishment is for ignoring God's commands are. You have to invent incredible bullshit to justify why this simple act doesn't happen by a supposed omnipotent deity "oh you're not open to spiritual energies like a true believer", "oh you don't actually want it so you wouldn't accept it anyway" - fuck off you piece of shit, these are terrible excuses for a baby.

How about I kidnap and torture you until you figure out the specific set of doctrines that I want you to recite, and then I'll let you go? It's pretty much the same shit as monotheistic religions.

>The majority use it to comfort themselves when life hits hard
Nietzsche also addressed this use of it, though. It is just as nihilistic to him.

>If everything about earthly life is big deception, then why does it exist in the first place?

Truth is not true by being exempt from lies, it is true despite any and all lies.