Books for this feel!

Books for this feel!

Attached: 1521647446128.jpg (750x734, 141K)

Skylark

BUMP

>needing to like the same stupid bands and the same dreary books and the same mass-produced movies to enjoy your time with a woman

Don't understand this lame mentality at all. It eventually collapses into exclusively seeking partners who belong to the same social class, or seeking someone who reminds you of yourself as the opposite gender.

>tfw my infatuation isnt based on physical attraction
I know she is just a thot but she gets my sense of humor and can handle banter
She has a gf but she says she isnt in love with him and that she still feels like she "can do what she wants". She is just a bunch of redflags.
Why live

bf*
ftfm

Stoner by John Williams is kinda related to this feel.

The end result of a mass culture of pro masturbation. Final atomisation of relationships, to seek out what is perfectly known to us to have it done back so that we remain complete agents with no compromises. It's Anti-Sade Roussian utopic delusions of the Objectivist-lite type of techcratic new aristocracy.

Attached: Theophile-Gautier_2912.jpg (330x410, 26K)

I am also a guy who is attracted to girls with more red flags than a Russian cavalcade. Life truly is suffering my friend.

you deserve suffering

I embrace it
I'm usually not attracted to redflags. I just REALLY enjoy spending time with her, is just never ending fun.

Humanities student... easy on the adderall...

you don’t, because you can’t embrace suffering you’re quivering in pain and fear, masochists look like they’re possessed while they voluntarily torture themselves. Its anti-life, you deserve to suffer

I'm not in pain and fear, I'm just slightly delusional. You don't enjoy casual sexual tension?
I preffer a healthy amount of suffering instead of feeling nothing anyways.

no, i don’t like dying slowly from suicidal behavior. i wouldn’t relate to your compulsion to FEEL something because that’s not what being alive is about

>that’s not what being alive is about
Says who?

me, faggot

Sad!

> point of life is to experience feels
Not him, but that's a good way to waste time and end up making bad decisions.
The good feels are accomplishment and contentment. Thrill-seeking is retarded.

>something in common has to mean liking the same kinds of media

dumb. great personality differences often can't be reconciled.

pathetic animal

I never said it was "the point of life". I just think that not exposing yourself to intense feelings or experiences leads to a tasteless state.
You have to go through stuff like that to actually appreciate equilibrium and peaceful, sober moments.
Suffering and confusion will happen in life you like it or not, I say throw yourself into them and get to know them so they don't catch you off guard next time.

The Lacanian Subject.

You will never be a pure angel.

feeling is an after effect of willful exertion, its not consequential and should be mostly ignored or forgotten. people who are ensconced in emotional soup are feminine

Going after a girl with red flags is asking for suffering that probably won't happen otherwise, if you control your emotions and don't invite shitty people into your personal life. Yes, suffering will happen but you can avoid emotional distress which can reduce your productivity.
And who cares about "appreciating the peaceful moments"? I appreciate life just fine without having to contrast it with "intensity".
> tasteless
I get plenty of taste from my career, food, and hobbies, things I can have every day without risk.

no sane man has something in common with a woman, they lack honor, they are worthless pieces of shit that whore themselves like the scum they are.

Females may be more emotional, but living your life based on emotions only and seeking intense emotions and short-term gratification is done by both sexes, just in different ways. In fact it seems to be the most common lifestyle in much of the modern world.

>Going after a girl with red flags
I never said I'm going after her, that would be retarded. I get to hang with her because we have friends in common.
>productivity
Why is this a point of reference?
> appreciate life just fine without having to contrast it with "intensity"
Why don't you appreciate intensity?
>I get plenty of taste from my career, food, and hobbies, things I can have every day without risk.
I try to appreaciate and embrace stuff that may disturb equilibrium and order because, in my experience, they happen quite often. If I stick to a certain rutine, in a really general meaning of the word, things start to loose value. This doesnt mean I'm agaisnt having a daily rutine, sleeping 8 hours and eating healthy and stuff like that.

Attached: 1482766624758m.jpg (582x1024, 142K)

Sorry my dude I'm not suicidal, I'm excited to prove myself my best and see what does the future have to show me before I rest in peace for ever.

And they don't pay attention at the opera.

>opera

Attached: 20180324_180245.png (540x306, 79K)

>in my experience, they happen quite often
Huh, doesn't happen much to me at all. I mean, setbacks and such do happen, but it doesn't impact me emotionally. And I don't open up to my relatives or friends/SO about anything emotional, so I've quite literally never been hurt in that manner.
> I get to hang with her because we have friends in common.
Having a relationship with her would be a bad idea, was my point. There's no point to relationships that don't improve your own life in a measurable way, and emotional highs don't count.
> Why is this a point of reference?
Because whatever you seek in life (wealth, achievement, etc.), having unnecessary distress will make it harder to reach that.
> Why don't you appreciate intensity?
Why should I?

is that a joke?

>liking someone for their physical attraction is bad

Attached: 1521700175087.png (817x443, 34K)

I come to Veeky Forums to read posts like this. Not some rehash of centuries old ideas by barely literate undergrads.

>and emotional highs don't count
Why not?
>will make it harder to reach that
Why is that bad?
>Why should I?
Because it can be a good thing

You seem to have a very utilitarian framework. I think that can lead to very soulless long periods of time. I don't think you need to have some sort of productive gain from friendships for it to be good, for example.
But maybe it works for you and thats fine. Trying to apply that kind of thinking in my life was a dread.

I'd be arrogant to imply that my lifestyle and framework are universal, in terms of giving happiness. If you really feel "soulless" (something I can't understand myself) from being pragmatic, then yeah, you should do things your way.

The answers to all of your questions pretty much boil down to "emotions aren't measurable and are transient", and I posit that if one is to make a point to life, it should involve things which last - at least for me, I feel little-to-no achievement from temporary stuff, but on the other hand mastering a concept or publishing a paper is what gives me satisfaction. It's extremely likely that we're simply wired differently.

>Trying to apply that kind of thinking in my life was a dread.
Interestingly enough, my life improved significantly since I've taken what you rightfully call "utilitarianism" to heart.

Yes