Who were the actual "Aryans"? Was there an actual ethnic group of people who identified as Aryans?

Who were the actual "Aryans"? Was there an actual ethnic group of people who identified as Aryans?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tocharians
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andronovo_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarim_Basin
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Was there an actual ethnic group of people who identified as Aryans?
Germans between 1917 and 1945.

I'm not saying they were hyperboreans...but they were hyperboreans.

Nomadic ethnic group that settled in India

Hitler wasn't a learned man
Btw

The Iranian and Northern Indian tribes

Dank memes

Guess you missed this thread:

I think you mean Indians singing epic poems about an imaginary ethnic group.

And the ones in Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan are imaginary too?

Yes. Cultural reconstruction is a garbage /x/ "discipline." As is projecting labels onto actual linguistic phases as if they're meaningful.

"They had cows and wheels" WHAT A FUCKING REASON TO CONNECT THEM TO INDIAN POETRY.

Why do you keep associating Aryans solely with Indians? Also I'm guessing your using "cultural reconstruction" as a buzz word filter for your meaning of "cultural appropriation", which clearly isn't true.

But Iranians have always used an Aryan moniker for their related kin for thousands of years.

They're called Iranians

Last time I checked they didn't use Latin with English orthography.

>buzz word
Nope. Time you did some historical linguistics.

>orthography
What a fucking stupid cop out

>Unlike the several meanings connected with ārya- in Old Indo-Aryan, the Old Persian term only has an ethnic meaning
Try again dudester.

You do know orthography concerns writing, right? Completely irrelevant when discussing spoken language.

North Indians, not even persians referred to themselves as aryans

oh look, it's all PIE languages are derived from Latin man.

Wrong.

> I am Darius the Great King, King of Kings, King of countries containing all kinds of men, King in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenian, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage.

Its the same in the Avesta and older Iranian languages as well. Its a denominator for race and ethnicity, and nothing else. You posted this shit in the other thread ineffectually as well.

The Aryan languages come from Germany

The Kurgan "hypothesis" was debunked

Racial mixing destroyed the Aryan civilizations of Egypt, China, Israel, Sumer, and the Indus

>Egypt Sumer Israel
Nice try stormfag
All of them are sandnogs

>Aryan civilization
>Egypt
>China
>Israel
>Sumer

>Old Persian
I'm sure that you're restricting yourself to a purely old Persian use, and not inventing ethnicities.

I see we're reconstructing spoken languages from 8-10BP now.

God no, the Latins were a useless Italian tribe. Don't project your metahistorical ethnic prejudice onto me.

>inventing ethnicities
I'm sure you can backpedal better then this.

I know this is bait but i can't help but to fall for it so ill give you 10/10

>>Latins were a useless Italian tribe
>>Built one of the world's great civilizations
>>Useless

Shut up, you faggot bitch.

You sound exactly the same to me.

You sound even more desperate now.

You don't even know what cultural reconstruction is and you think you have an oar in the water.

I'm surprised that you can even post on Veeky Forums while sucking so many cocks, you faggot.

He's right though. The Tocharians who were white colonized and created China, along with Persia, India, Babylon.
>The Yamnya DNA testing of remains from kurgans also indicated a high prevalence of people with characteristics such as blue (or green) eyes, fair skin and light hair, implying an origin close to Europe for this population

>the Bronze Age Andronovo period mtDNA haplogroups were of west Eurasian origin and the study determined that at least 60% of the individuals overall (out of the 26 Bronze and Iron Age human remains' samples of the study that could be tested) with the majority being light hair and blue or green eye

> Tocharian Tarim of 2000 BCE were typical Europoid body features (elongated bodies, angular faces, recessed eyes), and many of them have their hair physically intact, ranging in color from blond to red to deep brown, and generally long, curly and braided.

> old Chinese books that describe historical or legendary figures of great height, with deep-set blue or green eyes, long noses, full beards, and red or blond hair. Scholars have traditionally scoffed at these accounts, but it now seems that they may be accurate

>The Alans were a group of Sarmatian tribes, according to the Roman historian Ammianus Marcellinus. He wrote, "Nearly all the Alani are men of great stature and beauty, their hair is somewhat yellow, their eyes are frighteningly fierce

>Dinlin type "is characterized by the following attributes: average height, frequently tall, a stout and strong constitution, an oblong face, white skin with rosy cheeks, blond hair, a straight protruding nose, frequently eagle-type, light eyes".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tocharians

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andronovo_culture

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarim_Basin

Tocharians didn't create any of those. The Tarim basin wasn't even part of China until after it was Turkified.

They're finding caucasian mummies all over the place with red and blonde hair. India, China, Japan.

White people were all over the place in ancient times. Historians have to look back on ancient Chinese stories about tall red haired warriors and emperors more seriously now.

Poo2Loo, Pajeet

>old Chinese books that describe historical or legendary figures of great height, with deep-set blue or green eyes, long noses, full beards, and red or blond hair. Scholars have traditionally scoffed at these accounts, but it now seems that they may be accurate
WE

WUZ

You sound even more desperate now more so.

>aucasian mummies all over the place with red and blonde hair. India, China, Japan.
> India,
>Japan.

Source?

"Among the barbarians in the Western Regions, the look of the Wusun is the most unusual. The present barbarians who have green eyes and red hair, and look like macaque monkeys, are the offspring of this people."

Some Ainu have red hair. They are not Indo-European.

The Aryans were a group of tribes in Central Asia during the Bronze Age who spoke Indo-Iranian languages. They then split into two groups; the Iranians and the Indo-Aryans. The Iranians spread across Central Asia and Iran, while the Indo-Aryans split into two, one moving west and becoming the Mitanni (which eventually died out) and another moving east into northern India. All of these groups called themselves Aryans. In Iran, the name Aryan became Eran and then Iran. It's the same word really. In India Aryan gradually lost its ethnic/racial meaning and became a cultural term, basically meaning North Indian Hindu culture.

Arya basically means 'honour', so these groups were calling themselves something like 'the honourable people'. That said, it was still an ethnic term and they wouldn't have referred to other groups a Aryans. Indo-Aryans and Iranians also considered themselves to be distinct groups and wouldn't have acted like they shared some kind of ancestry; for example, Parthians and Scythians in India were seen as foreign "mleccha" barbarians.

Since Indians and Iranians diverged and developed their own completely separate cultures and civilizations, it's not really useful to talk about Aryans after the initial Iranian/Indian split. Instead Indo-Aryan and Iranian are used, though both did call themselves (but not each other) Aryan.

Any claim that other Indo-Europeans were 'Aryans' is anachronistic bullshit.