The Virgin E-Reader vs the Chad Hardcover

>The Virgin E-Reader vs the Chad Hardcover

Someone should draw this.

Which do you prefer and why?

>Physical books or Digital books.

Attached: 11184722_1610787762469033_712603123_n.jpg (612x612, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

keepmeposted.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/REPORT_Why-the-Brain-Prefers-Paper-2013.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

E-reader so I don't have to give money to Jews to buy paper

>Someone should draw this
If they do make sure to mention that while the Virgin has all his books stored in the cloud, the Chad gets mad gains from lifting his plethora physical copies

E-Readers are superior in every way other than those gay studies that prove you don't remember stuff as well

This

I used to think e-readers were the master race but that was also when I believed that spartan pragmatism was the best path.

Then I read about environmental design and the huge impact of aesthetics on cognition, perception, etc. and realized there is actually a massive difference between reading on e-readers vs physical books, and that the latter is superior for the same very pertinent reason that you should live in an intelligently decorated living space vs a featureless autism basement. It really does matter a lot, and as says e-readers even make parsing and remembering the material more difficult.

wait so my autistic cuck apartment layout is actually damaging my cognitive functioning? is this like throwing the toddler in the white room with the high iq experiment? im stunting my mind with badly thought out living space?

>and as says e-readers even make parsing and remembering the material more difficult.

This is just horseshit. What magical property does paper have that makes information go in your head any better?

tl;dr yes, kinda. there is a reason companies spend bajillions of dollars making their workspaces look the way they do like the google offices, some of it is horseshit woo but there is some very real research supporting this

The spacial connection you get from holding a real book and flipping through pages and stuff. Every study that has tested it has found that real books are better.

To what extent? Among what users?
Its just pure hearsay

>2018
>reading books instead of having someone read them to you

Attached: audible.png (1024x500, 30K)

>Every study that has tested it has found that real books are better
>Its just pure hearsay

lol

Same

keepmeposted.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/REPORT_Why-the-Brain-Prefers-Paper-2013.pdf

Scientific American article because you seem too slow to read primary sources.

Building a nice bookshelf is fun so I like physical more and its much better imo for anything annotated or with notes in the back

>Needing to charge up your book
I hate them just for this reason not to mention they are completely superficial devices and just show how self conscious people are about their reading habits.

>ask you to objectively qualify your declaration of one mode as ""better""
>Hurr yur slow!!

Absolute state of paperfags

Attached: 230114_908223010.jpg (600x524, 34K)

The main gripe for me, something I rarely see mentizoned, is that older books are often adapted inaccurately or abridged in some way. The digital editions just suck sometimes. I don’t see why this should necessarily be so, but it seems to be the case for now.

I've never encountered this as a problem, please say you haven't been paying for ebooks

Declaring something to be "hearsay" is an assertion in itself, slowboi. In this case it was also an incorrect one.

None of the studies in your cited paper are very impressive. They all dealt with very small number samples usually just several dozen, in one case of just small children and the study dealing with adult students tested retention after a mere seven minutes of study at which point they found only a 10% increase in retention.
None of this is anything to seriously elevate the claim

Only get it on e reader if I can’t find a new copy that isn’t stupidly expensive or if the dimensions are retarded like

>implying the jews don't control all e-reader companies
>implying the jews can't use your e-reader to monitor all the interracial gay furry vore smut you've been reading

>paying for data only accessible through proprietary software
>never, ever, actually owning a book

Attached: laughingstallman.jpg (259x194, 4K)

Yeah, this is definitely a thing.

It mostly happens *because* those books don't get digitized in official manners but only by volunteers. Getting a book from, say, Gutenberg to be both formatted and proofread perfectly/acceptably for your device is not a simple feat. By comparison, any physical book will mostly be alright, aside from perhaps unchangeably small text and the occasional transcription typo.

eReaders are a god send if you're either buying new-ish books or getting pirated copies of those books. But any book that hasn't had a big-name publisher make a rock-solid eBook version of it is nearly guaranteed to have annoying errors in it.

You can put whatever files you want on an e-book

>Then I read about environmental design and the huge impact of aesthetics on cognition, perception, etc.

You've captured my interest, what exactly did you read?

>Arrow foot tattoo
Trashed

Based and correct. This is why I'm buttmad about the lack of thought given to aesthetics in modern anything.

No, they expect one of us at the wreckage brother

Attached: 11232517_367692363430617_1283466476_n.jpg (612x612, 90K)

based self-sniffing cutiepoo

If I pull that off would you die?

It would be extremely painful

UUUU

>brainlet

U U
U U

Minimalist poem, called "Bane sees a horse on a glass roof from underneath

>Then I read about environmental design and the huge impact of aesthetics on cognition, perception, etc.

Where? I'd like to know more. My living space is right now 50/50 between tastefully decorated and barren-german-autist-accountant-robot minimalism because I am too much of a poorfag to buy furniture that isn't hideous ikea-shit that I couldn't bear to look at.

This

>only accessible through proprietary software

lurk more

i unironically prefer paperbacks. i like the portable feeling and they're usually much more comfortable to hold than hardcovers.

noddinginapproval.gif

its because you're a chad familia

imagine the smell (of the paper)

I prefer physical but all my books are ebooks cause they are cheaper and I can't pass up the savings.

What if I hate hardcover and prefer paperbacks?

i have lots of money i just buy ebooks because it's easier and i'm trying to keep my mind free of things that don't matter.