So it begins.
youtu.be/Axq3KQLQBQ4?t=54m56s

Attached: nicksadler.png (429x400, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xenosystems.net/war-in-heaven-ii/
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_iPZgGgaFvSWXF3MDRwQXpjeTg/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Land is about to go viral.

Attached: 1521544825211.jpg (634x1080, 109K)

The Minotaur of Neo-China

Who is Dr. Sadler and what does it have to do with Nickie?

How will Land going viral be interpreted by Land? Just what level have we reached here?

Attached: 397693103704.jpg (719x720, 47K)

Idk, I missed the stream, so I can't figure out what OP is trying to imply

Where does he mention Land? Post the time stamp, faggot!

look at the link posted

Attached: 1515773466246s.jpg (208x249, 4K)

I don't want to watch the full thing. Post a fucking timestamp at least you postlet

Attached: 1519921233812.png (645x729, 166K)

How will we ever solve this Gordian riddle?

Attached: enigmacode.png (571x277, 51K)

I'm 15 minutes in and he doesn't mention Land.

Jesus Christ, instead of hitting embed and hoping for the best, look at the fucking link. It's at 54:56; just highlight it and open in new tab. The absolute state of Veeky Forums.

Holy shit what a waste of time.

>tfw Dr. Sadler isn't my dad

Attached: so mad.jpg (621x502, 47K)

Sorry I don't follow

All this shitshow above just for a minute clip of Sadler not knowing or giving a shit about Land. Good on him.

Get real, who actually reads a url?

Sadler isnt a second year phil undergrad retard, of course he doesnt give a fuck about a hack like Land
Sadler could btfo Zizek and every other meme "intellectual" in a blink

wow land BTFO'd!!!!!

True.

>who are some philosophers to read about power relations
>hmmm
>lots of ancients
>and some medievals
>hmmm
>hobbes

Attached: 4k smug.jpg (2880x2160, 637K)

>phoneposter

my sides are deterritorialized

Can someone clarify what Nick Land stands for in plain English? Everything he writes and his written about him is written in insane pseudspeak.

>The story goes like this: Earth is captured by a technocapital singularity as renaissance rationalitization and oceanic navigation lock into commoditization take-off. Logistically accelerating techno-economic interactivity crumbles social order in auto-sophisticating machine runaway. As markets learn to manufacture intelligence, politics modernizes, upgrades paranoia, and tries to get a grip.

>The body count climbs through a series of globewars. Emergent Planetary Commercium trashes the Holy Roman Empire, the Napoleonic Continental System, the Second and Third Reich, and the Soviet International, cranking-up world disorder through compressing phases. Deregulation and the state arms-race each other into cyberspace.

>By the time soft-engineering slithers out of its box into yours, human security is lurching into crisis. Cloning, lateral genodata transfer, transversal replication, and cyberotics, flood in amongst a relapse onto bacterial sex.

>Neo-China arrives from the future.

>Hypersynthetic drugs click into digital voodoo.

>Retro-disease.

>Nanospasm.

As plain as it gets, m'man

>I've heard of him but I don't think I know anything about him.
Great OP. Definitely worth making a thread about.

Attached: small brain deer.png (406x438, 26K)

what the fuck is his problem?

Attached: Screen+Shot+2018-03-25+at+1.53.28+pm.png (941x308, 47K)

He wants to be remembered for his brains not his dashing good looks.

>tfw you can't see the notion of the absolute synthesis of memes becoming through the negative dialectic of Land and Sadler
>tfw it's accelerating at you from the future but you just can't even

Attached: 154445485-slavoj-zizek-attends-the-premiere-of-the-perverts-guide.jpg.CROP.promovar-medium2.jpg (354x486, 28K)

How many times do you think he punched the wall when he read that?

Attached: 1520645557876.png (3521x1190, 2.66M)

More importantly, how many victims did he maul in his labyrinth after reading it?

Attached: mino.jpg (1280x720, 232K)

Land's basic idea is that intelligence, evolution and capitalism are very similar processes (from a cybernetic perspective) w.r.t. maximizing ability to control entropy/do work. This is combined with a sort of universal Darwinism ("replicator selection"): processes which are better at doing work will propagate. Self-improving processes (strong AI) will dominate. Capitalism, by way of economic growth is a self-improving process.

>Any intelligence using itself to improve itself will out-compete one that directs itself towards any other goals whatsoever. This means that Intelligence Optimization, alone, attains cybernetic consistency, or closure, and that it will necessarily be strongly selected for in any competitive environment.

As soon as humans and human values cease to be aligned with 'maximize the dissipation of entropy' (in other words: when humans cease to be the smartest thing around), the world will cease to be a nice place for humans.

He likes to personify reality + replicator selection as Gnon: 'God of Nature or (perhaps simply) Nature'. Think natural law combined with Darwinism. His concept of the Outside centers on external criteria that impose themselves on you; without it, selection doesn't really work.

>xenosystems.net/war-in-heaven-ii/

Take this to its extreme, and some sort of market-AI amalgam is eventually going to dominate this planet. He portrays this in occult/horror/Lovecraftian terms. Cthulhu summoning itself into existence from the future.

>what appears to humanity as the history of capitalism is an invasion from the future by an artificial intelligent space that must assemble itself entirely from its enemy’s resources.

So basically the only question that remains is whether to try to delay this or ACCELERATE right into it. Land falls in the latter camp. And the vector of maximum acceleration is: NRx.

Check out the Nick Land Reader: drive.google.com/file/d/0B_iPZgGgaFvSWXF3MDRwQXpjeTg/view

Sadler has to be the most vanilla philosopher on the planet.

He's not a philosopher.