What's the last time you enjoyed reading a novel?

What's the last time you enjoyed reading a novel?

Attached: 1521867314036.jpg (1485x1101, 297K)

i know this is like a meme and all but i really do enjoy reading

I just finished Glass Bead Game. At times it was painful to pick up. But when I read that last page it was all worth it.

Sisters brothers
Dog stars

Last night

A few years ago in 7th grade

Currently reading a Murakami novel, so a couple of days ago.

When I went through the whole Red Rising trilogy within 4 days. Yeah it’s junk literature manufactured precisely to have this effect, but I just couldn’t put it down.
Then I felt sick, like a sugar crash after binging on ice cream.

Sometimes when I read Ulysses and it starts clicking or it washes over me in just the right way it's incredibly comfy

Reading Submission today and yesterday and finishing the thing quickly in two days. I enjoyed it much better than I expected too. Houllebecq feels like some r9k and pol hybrid, correct me if I'm wrong.

Stoner was an easy read. I’m reading Crime and Punishment and at times it goes down like butter and other times like a lawnmower. Before those I read The Pale King and that was pretty easy reading.

The first one hundred or so pages of C&P I remember being incredibly slow but they were just setting the tone and helping you get into Raskolnikov's state of mind a little. It picks up after he kills the old woman and her sister and you can't put it down after that.

What would Apu have to say about Ulysses?

Animorphs. Only read biography's these days.

Exactly so. The first time I tried to read it I was 19 and stopped after the letter from his mother, thinking it was just too slow. Now I’m 25 and have finally gotten past the murders and it’s thrilling. I’m on part three chapter two now. This being my first Dostoevsky, I am so struck at how different he feels from Tolstoy. For some reason I thought they would be more similar.

I've been reading a lot of Verne lately. It's a wonderful feeling to rediscover your love of reading. After so many years of reading about the plight of minorities for school I had thought my heart had become to hard.

Last book I've read. Arlt's Los siete locos. At first it was kind of dull, but halfway through it got really interesting.

If I don't find that shit interesting I drop it, what are you doing? Reading to impress people like some kind of faggot?

>A few years ago
So, we got some young blood in here. Can I read you some of Plato's Republic some time?

Musashi.
Dune.
Gormenghast.
Hagakure.
Hitler's Table Talk.

Last books I read and enjoyed. I also try to read the Bible daily and slowly going through Dante's Divine Comedy.

Attached: 1521930593927.jpg (700x525, 47K)

>implying I'm not an intellectual

I enjoy every novel i read, i would never read something just to say i’ve read it.

lol underage b& say bye bye

today

Lol, I too stopped after the letter, but recently finished it. 9.7/10 novel, the epilogue was an unfortunate miatake

Houllebecq is not trying to be polemical