What does Veeky Forums think of Zero books as a publisher?

What does Veeky Forums think of Zero books as a publisher?

Attached: Zero books lineup.jpg (1280x720, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theindependentpublishingmagazine.com/2014/02/john-hunt-publishing-reviewed.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

idk but the guy that narrates their YouTube videos sound like the biggest faggot on earth.

I think he's their regional editor for North America, or something like that.

They describe themselves pretty well

that'll do pig.

that'll do.

mostly garbage, very poor quality control. a few decent titles here and there. it's basically a place for texts not significant or good enough to be published by academic houses. their videos are routinely terrible

>Bringing back critical theory
Nice

>the commodification of ghosts
The fuck.
Anyway, garbage. The patrician leftist publisher is semiotext(e).

Looks like mastubatory communist navel gazing. Which Jews fund this?

This tee be aitch. Also, Babbling Corpse is decent read, just lacking in scope and there's a few inaccuracies here and there.

Mark Fisher's stuff is good, skip the rest. Same with Repeater, though to be fair they have better quality control and less awful covers.

I dunno why Fisher didn't publish on a more respected publisher. He could've easily gotten on Verso or something.

He was a co-founder of Zero, so I guess that is why. He co-founded Repeater after leaving Zero too.

it's a meme publisher, some books may be decent, the general direction seems to be actual left wing instead of the general idpol of the left, but that is not that much of an accomplishment, it's still meme tier thought and not confronting or taking responsibility for any of the destruction the left caused, also meme tier ideas like "capitalism creates mental illness"

not sure if they even edit their books or just publish directly whatever is sent to them

all in all 6/10, may go up to 7/10 if you carefully choose the books or 1/10 if you are really unlucky, so be careful what you get from them

Mark Fisher is meme tier, i mean he is decent in the sense that he hasn't fallen for many of the retarded memes of the modern left, still hasn't produced anything specially insightful in any sense even if he didn't fall for garbage tier theory

Zero Books is a subsidiary of John Hunt Publishing. It is, essentially, a vanity publisher, where the author "buys in" to a certain level of services in order to market their book. They attract shit tier authors that can't get picked up anywhere else. Lot's of complaints on google. Just look. Link give a background to Hunts sleazebag empire.
theindependentpublishingmagazine.com/2014/02/john-hunt-publishing-reviewed.html

i guess then it makes sense that they will barely edit the books if at all

>for many of the retarded memes of the modern left
Any examples of these retarded memes except /pol/reddit strawman that confuse liberals (in the contemporary American usage) with leftists?

The link you posted gave them a decent rating though, calling it an old school co-op.

are you memeing or seriously asking? there's not a single credible non-meme tier leftist movement in the whole world that has grappled and produced a decent theory about the failures of the left beyond overpsychologising obvious material failures, the story of the last 75 years of the left is a story of cheap excuses

Their podcast is sometimes alright (they had a good anti-#metoo episode so good on then for standing up to the liberal orthodoxy.) I think Doug Lain (I think that's his name) is an okay dude, it's just that any leftist publishing group can't help but reflect the utter impoverishment and limitations of contemporary leftist thought

Also culture is a sewer and if your politics focuses on winning a "culture war" then you're basically drinking from that sewer all the time

yes, i think his podcast is ok though don't expect much more than a run-of-the-mill pessimist marxist, even though the guy is relatively open, so hopefully some light will shine at some point on his stale ideology that may bring something of value

he is also decent at memeing for an old guy despite what said about the videos

Attached: inv1206018.jpg (450x299, 61K)

I'm seriously asking because it's unforunate that this board too has been invaded in the last few years so I can never really tell.

I remember him saying once that he wanted to do an interview with Nick land, which would be interesting to hear, but the response from his fans was too hostile to that

So we're stuck with most of the guests just being there to market their shitty critical theory book about the lacanian undertones of sonic the hedgehog

>but the response from his fans was too hostile to that
i think he doesn't give a fuck about leftist purity tests anymore, he even had on Lindsay Shepherd who is a nobody teaching assistant whose only notoriety is being witch hunted by the left

he even wanted to have Peterson on the podcast on January for an adversarial interview, but he weaseled out of the interview and ghosted him

but i am not sure, even then Land may be too extreme as he is openly alt-right memeing in twitter at this point

Meme, but good memes.

yes this

>the story of the last 75 years of the left is a story of cheap excuses
>Red Scare is a cheap excuse

Attached: 1519738271525.jpg (800x792, 36K)

/thread

>he even wanted to have Peterson on the podcast on January for an adversarial interview, but he weaseled out of the interview and ghosted him
You kind of make it sound like Doug weaseled out of the interview. Should clarify it's Peterson that is dodging him while claiming that no Marxist ever wants to debate him.

yes