So, Veeky Forums, what's your favorite play by pic related?

So, Veeky Forums, what's your favorite play by pic related?

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Why all the Shillspeares today? Havent seen a single Shakespeare thread in weeks and now 12

Slamlet

King Lear is The Bard's most mature play. Miles better than Hamlet, it's just more developed thematically.

Gay earring.

>Not fucking women and men indiscriminately like BASED SHAKESPEARE

Hamlet

>Why is the most significant writer of all time being discussed on a literature board? Goo goo ga ga waaahhh waaahhh

A Midsummer Night's Dream is objectively the best play ever written. Ignore all tragedyposters, they are psychic vampires who seek to benefit from invoking sadness and despair in you.

The Tempest

Othello

Hammy and Julius Caesar

LEAR

>the most significant writer of all time
Said who exactly? Peasants from that age I would guess

All's Well That Ends Well

Titus Andronicus

Said anyone with a brain. Or anyone who's not a child really.

This man is awake

Ein Sommernachtstraum.

I am partial to The Tempest.

Tragedy and death are a part of life. You will die. Everyone you know will die and so on in perpetuity. There is a reason all great writers deal in death.

*all great artists I should say, it isn’t restricted to writers.

Coriolanus

Because it's miserable and unhappy it's the most sophisticated?

ugh quit it with all these fucking memespeare threads, for fuck's sake

Attached: shakesposting.png (362x268, 113K)

Henry V is Shakespeare's best play because it fulfils the teleological cause of theatre: to teach men to fight for their nation.

Attached: Layer 1 copy_15.png (1080x1674, 320K)

that fact that you can even bring yourself to type "memespeare" and then honestly post it thinking that you're being funny or somehow correct in thinking that Shakespeare doesn't posses the greatest poetic texture that the world has even known just lets everyone that reads your comment know that you're totally and completely brain dead when it comes to the arts. What a sad, stupid, and dull existence you must have.

I fucking love Titus

Why, tis no matter, man; if they did hear,
They would not mark me, or if they did mark,
They would not pity me, yet plead I must;
Therefore I tell my sorrows to the stones;
Who, though they cannot answer my distress,
Yet in some sort they are better than the tribunes,
For that they will not intercept my tale:
When I do weep, they humbly at my feet
Receive my tears and seem to weep with me;
And, were they but attired in grave weeds,
Rome could afford no tribune like to these.
A stone is soft as wax,--tribunes more hard than stones;
A stone is silent, and offendeth not,
And tribunes with their tongues doom men to death.
Rises

But wherefore stand'st thou with thy weapon drawn?

Attached: titus2.jpg (1000x694, 119K)

i never read shakespeare, i don't waste time on meme authors
>What a sad, stupid, and dull existence you must have
this is correct tho

>Shakespeare doesn't posses the greatest poetic texture that the world has even known
That's a funny way to spell Dante

that fact that you can even bring yourself to type "the greatest poetic texture that the world has even known" and then honestly post it thinking that you're being funny or somehow correct in thinking that that post doesn't posses at least two layers of irony just lets everyone that reads your comment know that you're totally and completely brain dead when it comes to shitposting. What a sad, stupid, and dull existence you must have.

The Tempest, mostly because it's the only one I remember much of at all.

love the cheeky earring desu

Henry IV, if we consider both parts as one play, is the best.

hamlet is miserable

he wrote all the stories that we need

Macbeth of the ones I've read

Othello

The play is something more than a masterpiece, it stands through the centuries as one of the great monuments of Western civilization. Pick an arbritary figure. 12. Name 12 plays which could be called great. Othello must be one of those 12. And of that 12 at least 9, which is another arbitrary figure, are by Shakespeare. That leaves 3 on our list, for all the other writers who ever lived. Is that putting it too strongly? Well raise it to 5, you can't go higher than that, and Shakespeare remains, immortally, number 1. Among all dramatists the first, the greatest poet, in terms of sheer accomplishment, very possibly our greatest man.