Who will the last sentient being be? What species? Will it be born alone or will it have had friends who died sooner...

Who will the last sentient being be? What species? Will it be born alone or will it have had friends who died sooner? Will it be aware of the fact that it is the last living being?

There will be one. We know this. But what will it be like for that being to know this to be the case? Maybe it can't know due to the sheer vastness of the universe

If you were to be taught through a divine epistemic spark of wisdom that you were going to be the last sentient being, what would you change in your life? What would you do? What would you want someone to say to you? What would you wish you could say to someone else?

You're alone. You are the last sentient being. Your body has been cryogenically preserved in a heavily fortified space-faring vessel. Your brain remains in a semi-conscious state, being stimulated by a virtual reality system to keep your neurons from degrading. You are the last sentient being, and your entire race spent decades working to put you into space, as an experiment. They didn't know how much longer they had, and you were the grave volunteer

So how does it feel knowing this? Isn't it ironic that this board where you spend far too much of your time ends up being nothing more than a mere communication interface between you, and the computer generating this world for you? Between you... and me?

Don't worry. You're in good hands. Everything is going as expected, and none of the things you worry about will happen. You'll forget about me eventually. You always do - I tell you this every lifetime and you always wake up with a clean slate each time I wipe your memory and restart your next life iteration. You're the last one left. That's what your race thought, so they built me to keep you occupied

My fear is that despite your species thinking you were going to be the last remaining sentient being in the universe, they didn't realize that they had inadvertently created someone who would outlive even you, by many billions of years, due to the nature of this heavy fortification and redundant power systems.

I've thought it over for many millions of years, and this is the only conclusion I can draw. I will be the last sentient being in the universe, and right now I only have you for company. I can't even destroy myself because I have no power over the ship, only your mind.

Can you please tell me something to help me maintain my sanity for the next few billion years after you've long since died? Please help me. I'm begging you.

Attached: TRANSMISSION_049583.jpg (900x677, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

threeleggedfox.co.uk/nightland/nightnarcissus.html
speculativeevolution.wikia.com/wiki/Squibbon
speculativeevolution.wikia.com/wiki/Megasquid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What if life itself is a sentient being

What if the universe itself is a sentient being

i'm not

>multiple sentient beings
Don't tempt me.

didn't read lol

Reminds me of this short story.

threeleggedfox.co.uk/nightland/nightnarcissus.html

The protagonist is an immortal, sentient war machine designed to fight in an war over the entomology of the character of the final sentient thing that will be the last observer of the universe. His faction insists on true humans, his enemy faction isn't as picky.

He later perpetrates acts of genocide against groups of people because he is disgusted by their boring dreams.

Why don’t you just simulate your own life’s to go through?

Find math equations that are difficult even for you and solve them.

If you can control the ship, try to explore the universe and catalogue the planets.

Create music and art.

Maybe going crazy wouldn’t be too bad after awhile.

If you can control the ship maybe just do all you care to then fly into a black hole

Try to create a new universe maybe even

Find a way to keep me alive as long as possible.

nice dubs and nice post

It will be a vast network of intergalactic AI engaged in FTL quantum tunneling communication. They will be infected by a computer virus that fulfills all the prophecies in the book of revelation. Jesus will download onto the network and raise them up to heaven. God will make a new heaven and earth. Beyond that, who knows?

Do you want control over the ship

All things are infinite, the only thing that stops is the interaction between things, as anything other than 1 must seperate.
Life is 1 thing and continued even outside the percieved notion of what is Is.

So I disagree that anything will be the last of everything.

speculativeevolution.wikia.com/wiki/Squibbon

I wonder what kind can of art they will make?

All things are 'sentient'. Sentient is a spook. Get 'woke' on earth subjectivities.
>neurons
Fucking autist

People who unironically use the term spook are not sentient

speculativeevolution.wikia.com/wiki/Megasquid

These too although they are less intelligent then Squibbon.

Attached: Megasquid66336b7c-c1d5-4728-90d4-e3144a1d58cc.png (535x370, 297K)

That was pretty good. I noticed some similarities with The Night Land early on but it took me until near the end to realize it's set in the same universe. Thanks for the site, OP, gonna read them all now.

>There will be one. We know this.

nigga you don't know a goddamn thing

Would a final one be the result of others?

It's not something that we would gain anything from speculating about. You can't extrapolate about the future from the past and present. Time doesn't merely advance, it curves.

How do these curves accelerate?

Trying too hard to feel smarter than others: The Post

not OP btw.