To be fair, you have to have a VERY high IQ to understand Gardens of the Moon

To be fair, you have to have a VERY high IQ to understand Gardens of the Moon

Attached: 11A74D3C-A4A4-4240-9C13-2940D22AC4E3.jpg (1400x2257, 382K)

ALRIGHT I'LL FUCKING READ THE BOOKS ALREADY BUT IF I GO THROUGH THE ENTIRE SERIES AND ITS SHIT I'M GOING TO KILL YOU

>you have to be high IQ to understand PING DING DING epic swordfights and Magic Systems®™© and the m'lady sorceress in a dress where the virgin protagonist must aww shucks his way into her pants

Sell me on reading fantasy again after I dropped it around age ~16 because even then I had a little self awareness and realized I was on the fast track to manchildery and plebitude

Read Gormenghast

I did years ago but that's pre-Tolkein and hardly representative of the fantasy genre today.

>he thinks tolkien invented fantasy
go read worm ouroboros

>well ackshually, this pre-tolkein mythology-inspired novel exists
>implying that matters and there aren't a bunch of others

cool story pleb but it's either dishonest or retarded to imply that the fantasy genre as it exists today; the vacuous, black hole wojak of ideas this neckbeard tropefest spams for all of eternity, didn't turn fantasy into what it is today along with moorcock and a few others but mostly tolkein

>nynaeve_tugged_her_braid.jpeg

gormenghast is not pre-tolkien. the hobbit precedes it by almost a decade. that shouldn't matter, either. nothing that imitates tolkien is worth reading. why would you want to get into reading that garbage?

the worm ouroboros precedes modern fantasy in a very strange way and when you read it you'll realize that. the fantasy of michael moorcock is more inline with edgar rice burroughs than it is any sort of reaction to tolkien, too, regardless of what all of those new wave idiots try to insist.

you need an above average iq, there are plenty of idiots who "didn't get it" and were confused, protip, don't skip the poems and shit at the start of chapters

if you hate it by page 200 it probably isn't for you, the key is you have to accept you won't understand anything until later and you aren't meant to.

brainlets eternally btfo

Attached: You are the first type of reader.png (373x143, 40K)

LotR is shit and so is the Hobbit. I remember an interview The Big Yin did and, when asked about the Hobbit films, he described his discussion on the matter of the Hobbit books with Petet Jackson thus:
>Did you read the Hobbit?
>No and I do not like people who did.

Malazan is fucking garbage.

Brainlet detected

I want to build a stack out of all these Wheel of Time, Malazan, Asoiaf ebin neverending dollar bin meme shittt boojs and drop it on your head killing you.

Be a little more efficient. Just post your top three favorite books so I can die of laughter.

Malazan was okay. Some of the earlier books were pretty good, but the series fell off near the end.

Watership Down
Downship Water
Downwater Ship

Imagine unironically reading 3000 pages of fantasy shlock

Ulysses
Infinite Jest
Gravity's Rainbow

Imagine going to someone's Goodreads, and seeing that they have not read and 5starred all 3 of these

>he thinks 3000 pages is a lot

ten thousand plus another 5000 in prequels and so on. too much for you baby?