How do you feel about death, Veeky Forums?

How do you feel about death, Veeky Forums?

Attached: 1495159929322.jpg (1071x1068, 637K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vr0NBPRMe2E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=vr0NBPRMe2E

Attached: 1494611462889.png (319x317, 169K)

death is not the end

I fear it but welcome it.

Unironically stopped fearing it after Socrates.

Death does not exist

I oscillate between a Nietzschean "death is part of Life and you gotta accept to live life fully" and a stoic "Death does not concern us".

Not looking forward to the dying process, but taking a nature walk through a massive city park with any of the Biblical patriarchs or the Apostles sounds nice.
>Inb4 "hurr christfag"

fuck off christcuck

Just noticed the black part reflects my face.
Well played

You merge in heaven.

You don't get to keep your arbitrary personality. You don't get to put your jean shorts on and go on a stroll with the patriarchs.

You will be marked by God, and will worship him forever. There will be no tears.

When a retarded man dies and goes to heaven he does not walk around as a retarded man among clouds and columns. When a baptized babe dies and goes to heaven it does not crawl around going "goo-goo, ga-ga." Likewise when you die you will not keep your arbitrary material form.

This Dane Cook understanding of heaven as everyone getting a halo and reuniting with their bros and getting to do what they want forever has got to go

Attached: 5128111524_c95a8f6d45_b.jpg (1024x637, 439K)

Not everyone has a glass monitor user
Doubt OP looked into it that hard

speaking of "has to go", how about the notion of a heaven existing goes as well, considering it's nowhere in the bible in the first place?

Used to fear it intensely since I was a kid but stopped caring eventually

New Jerusalem... the technological endpoint of history in which God manifests as the Son of Man and wipes clean the slate of history... this is Heaven. We will all be resurrected with technology, and then judged. Technology will be developed which can build a simulation of the universe within the universe and run that simulation backwards to find out what everyone did, and who was naughty, and who was nice, and everyone will be judged and everything will be seen. Facebook and NSA spying is just a morsel compared to the tech Christ will have when judging you.

New Jerusalem appears in revelation.

Attached: abraham.jpg (200x465, 25K)

You might want to give it another read. Heaven is referred to multiple times, particularly in the NT.

>God manifests as the Son of Man and wipes clean the slate of history.
I can hear it now "have you cleaned the dishes user?"
>I've put them in the dishwasher
praise be

Better do something before it's over.

My dishwasher doesn't work
I clean by hand
my mother asks from beyond the grave
she has already been judged

Attached: 1516426138367.jpg (449x550, 37K)

i don't believe in it

there are scarier things out there

Death is a spook

I don't want to die, not yet, but my body feels the pressure of the universe forcing each individual atom into the shape of my being, and they scream for release. They, my atoms, want to melt and flow without inhibition, and so long as I live they are denied this and suffer.

Cringe.

How do you read this, go "yep", and click on post?

I never read what I write.

it's probably a master troll

Jus kemikalz bro

Terrified, but I prefer not to think about it.

death is your friend user, whats there to be afraid of

Faggot

Attached: cryin.jpg (400x386, 25K)

>he personifies the atoms

Attached: top tin aminus babbles.png (640x507, 459K)

did you get that image and filename from reddit, little boy? please go back to /b/

Jokes on you pleb, I have reddit and Veeky Forums open simultaneously at all times.

I will merge the cultures and there is nothing you can do about it.

/pol/ will be black hotep killer-mike type nazbols in 3 years.

mark my words

Attached: Spurdo rick.png (640x640, 24K)

death is the cultivation of life; it empowers life however it limits life. It is everything, but it is nothing. Death is what God made to equalize everything.

terrified of it, yet I cannot wait

why do you think you have to be a philosopher, with such an abysmal intelligence?

>Le Christcuck ecksdee
The Jew cries out in pain, even as he strikes you.

well death empowers life because without death living would mean nothing because everything would be living. Death is the cultivation of life because it will always come as the closing of any life.

death ain't real

Hes not saying your wrong dude, hes saying your ideas are small and short sighted.

Can't come soon enough, desu. This planet earth shit is fucking wack.

Death is necessary so that our lives don't become plodding cacophonies where eventually all progress ceases and everything becomes linear. All things that we know about have a beginning and an end. All stories must end sometime, otherwise they become annoying and pointless. It is impossible to logically justify the belief that humans can somehow live forever and retain their humanity.

If you were a true Christian you would look forward to dying. This life is negligible to you.

You do realize that this means that nobody goes to heaven, right? Since there is very little connection between the ''you'' that ceases to be when the heart stops and the "you" that goes on, you might as well admit that everything ends with death.

it's natural. worrying about it does not save you from it so welcome it when the time comes. if you do that, then you can learn to be happy.

since the day of my birth, my death began its walk. it is walking toward me, without hurrying.

>You do realize that this means that nobody goes to heaven, right? Since there is very little connection between the ''you'' that ceases to be when the heart stops and the "you" that goes on, you might as well admit that everything ends with death.

Death of the ego is not death of the soul.

Attached: 1516328015763.jpg (480x360, 14K)

I was wandering through this track, this one way path Ive always had, and gave him, my only friend another look. And he left, I turn and was left with the shadow of what was our shared path.

Death of the ego is not death of the self.
The death of self is not the death of the soul

if there was no death, everyone would wish for it

If there was no death, no one would know of it.
Ask an angel what death is, they will say
It is but a game that the funny 'mortals' play

Death is my muse.
Causality in Death.

Ergo death of the ego is not death of the eggo, death of the eggo is not death of the waffle

Attached: 1519789767036.jpg (620x447, 28K)

Muse danced with casuality
And death gave it spice

Attached: 1488452711766.jpg (500x500, 97K)

>look at how poetic I am

Attached: 1518612983887.png (403x448, 53K)

So what is the soul? Why is it relevant?
Even if you say that you are the ego+the soul, the conclusion is that after death an essential part of yourself is going to be left behind and only this abstract part will survive.
If you say that the soul is the only essential part then you contradict yourself, as that would mean that all of our personality is included in the soul, including things such as our fetishes, mundane preferences, experiences.

I'm too low iq to put it into words.
Terrified of it but also long for it I guess.
Want to believe there's something more but deep down I know there isn't.

Attached: 008b724634d6ab2b4aafaeef52f02f51--true-detective-cinema.jpg (672x935, 72K)

Attached: 1484047614206.png (650x750, 1.87M)

>death gives life meaning

Attached: 1504837324460.jpg (300x300, 26K)

I refuse to die.

I think you should let your atoms free themselves, you see...

u didnt trap him this is extremely autistic

would a universe this cruel have something as relieving as death?

>there will be such a thing as worshiping in heaven
Why is the christcuck's worldview so pathetic?

Attached: 1486996249256.png (288x415, 178K)

uga buga

I believe dying should have excruciating pain. Dying is the last thing will do, and pain is proof that you are alive at all. The pain you feel than well be your reward in what comes after.

I can't die for I am God, when you look at it logically

i am curious to experience how consciousness can end but not so curious to end it prematurely

psychopathy

Life would be too anti-climatic if death was painless or peaceful.

We can make this happen user
I like certain aspects of life a lot, but, if I get to live for 60+ years, then it will be a sweet release; otherwise, it's unfortunate

>Christian heaven is literally evangelion bullshit
you can't make this up lmao

How can it be any different than the time before you were born?

well maybe i'm just a brainlet but I don't recall what that was like

All things considered it is probably better than any credible alternative.

if it's my own death, my only fear that it's not the end. i find it very doubtful that it is.

>not freezing yourself just before death and sleeping until they find the cure
l8r, plebs. I will take great pleasure in spitting on your pitiful graves in the future.

excited desu

Attached: 1472897233038.jpg (548x548, 70K)

a bodily resurrection is Catholic doctrine you heretic

M O M E N T O M O R I

Can't come soon enough.
I think wanting to die is a cowardly approach to life but given the fact that it is inevitable i feel a deep urge all of it to end, but with me giving my best. Like if a nuke is thrown 10 km from me, in those few moments before the blast, in which nothing could be done to ensure my survival, i think i would not feed sorrow, grief or anger but a relief. Like if a big heavy burden in finally lifted and the bad dream ends.

I am unconcerned with whether I live or die. I am more concerned with finding meaning in the life I do have. To me a meaningless existence is worse than death. The only true life is a spiritual life and the only true death a spiritual death.

he calls himself accursed
because he dreams of heaven's height
I sleep a deep and dreamless void
you break a long held fast
I live and die a beast
anoint yourself young prince
in guilt you dream ambrosia
I taste ash

It is the impossible hope and dream of The Good that we have faith in that gives meaning to life even if that same hope gives us most of our pains.

I figure that if there is a God then whatever he/she/it/xir decided happens after death is probably the best option. If there isn't then I guess I'll probably be too dead to care at that point.

It's the whole process of dying that worries me.

Then you will forget the experience after life

literally no reason not to do this
Actually just wake me up when holowaifus are real

What do you consider meaning?
I was always looking for something greater than myself, higher power, war, innovation, etc.
Then I realized that I will never achieve these things, most people don't. If I die in a hospital bed at 80 and look back on my life from then I believe I will see the meaning I had in the things that only a normal life can offer. A funny conversation with a friend, a tender moment with a lover, the sadness from a family members passing. The smell of freshly cut grass or the wind at the beach.
I'm never appreciative enough of such things, but really these are the only things one can find meaning in. I guess I now try to practice looking around me instead of looking ahead.

no soul, no thoughts, p-zombie beetle crawling around in the rotwood hissing at other beetles

the most important and intricate moment of my life which yet to come! yay!

Attached: Mercutio-R-J-1968-Film-1968-romeo-and-juliet-by-franco-zeffirelli-28120858-500-375.jpg (500x375, 28K)

mEmento you fucking pleb

who let the kids in?

Bro I was trying to get them to realize that on their own.

Quit reaching in my pockets
Quit casting out my pearls
Your head is gettin' dipped
I'm flushin' for the swirls
I got myself some kicks
and I'm bustin' on your girl
Middle finger in the air
I hope you sit and twirl

I'm almost 100% sure I'll just pop back into life somewhere as something at sometime, really have no idea about the specifics of how this works, but it just seems overwhelmingly right.

you do remember it, but not as a memory. The initial state of your soul is how you lived your previous existence. You can change it in this life or not

I don't believe in an afterlife but have always thought that it would be better to die relatively early than to waste away in old age due to illness or dementia, so I wouldn't have a problem committing suicide if I decide life isn't worth living anymore. So I'm not exactly scared of a death where I simply cease to exist.
Still, I was raised in a very strict/repressive religion and haven't been able to completely get rid of the fear of death that instilled in me. I often wonder if I'm wrong and will end up in hell after I die due to the way I live now.

Really? So the idea of non-existence doesn't terrify you?
Truthfully though there are times where we are so eager to fall asleep. How different is it to just fall asleep forever?

That's basically it. I'll admit that though I'm not scared of actually being dead, the act of dying itself does make me apprehensive. I can't imagine it would be a good feeling to be aware of your own consciousness slipping away.

When we are eager to fall asleep we expect to wake up
We sleep to make our conscious state better

How does one learn to draw like this? Any books teach it?

Which religion?