How do i make my story not so cliche...

how do i make my story not so cliche? i wanna write about a girl who is daughter of a murdered gang leader who has lived a normal life but now has people targeting her however she finds love in another bad boy idk it sounds cliche but it could be cute help

Attached: tumblr_inline_nn4ukijol21rierpn_500.jpg (412x351, 32K)

Make the love interest not actually a "bad boy", maybe? Some kind of humorous misunderstanding based on assumptions?

You're going to write a novel because it might be cute?

Smurfs are cute. Make all the characters Smurfs.

Why would you write a novel then, smart guy?

Stop trying to be artist and critic. Write cliches until you tire of them and move on to something more complex. Nobody starts good at writing. The biggest challenge is letting yourself make mistakes and devoting effort to something you know is going to be imperfect.

this is why women are not taken seriously user, i suggest you seriously think about how tiny that female skull of yours is

i asked for a reason. do you have one?

i gave you the reason, its nested in my diagnosis and suggestion, are you clever enough to unlatch, unfold and read what i left for you or are you going to bother me for help like a child?

Do acid

bullshit. stop making things up. i dont see a reason

>Nobody starts good at writing
so, you're just starting?

it sounds more immature than cliche if that makes you feel any better

how is my idea immature? it's just trite

take each sign, look at what it relates to and what it implies (causality nested), then try to reverse engineer the implication, then form a hypothesis as to what it is. This is abstract thought, there's your first lesson

Being cliche isn't about the plot but has it's presented. You've already failed by focusing on the plot, the most superficial aspect of being original.

>is a woman
>writing the typical bad boy novel
>dumb frog poster

heh...

Attached: _elliotrodger.jpg (660x371, 31K)

I always wanted to bully cute girls, now my chance has come

Attached: 1519722762593.png (273x391, 191K)

>giving advice to women
lmao

This is the worst shit I've ever heard. A protaganist ought to be sympathetic, meanwhile your degenerate """protagonist""" is damaged goods.

damaged? i wanna make her a badass and learn to be street smart

Question is: are you street smart?

Women are ontic objects to be used by ontological beings: men. You can't make an ontic-object your protagonist, literature concerns the affairs of ontological beings; men. Your protagonist being can interact with objects (like women) as ready-at-hands entities to use, but the plot must be concered primarily with ontologocial entities in-the-world (dasein,) and not mere objects.

What kinda booksdo you like, OP? Maybe I can give you some advice in accordance to what you like.

Figure out the themes and concepts you're going after and make sure every thing relates back to them. If your ideology is robust it won't matter how cliche your story is.

What is the book about?

it doesn't even sound reddit, this shit is tumblr tear. On the other hand cute stuff is nice momentarily it's just cliche and boring in the long run...

tier*
shitfuck me

i dont need lessons from you.

post tits

>insert of pic of GRRM livejournal

>cliche is bad because modernism spooked me

Jessicas dad used to be a Don, but then now hes sleepin with the fishes. Now, she pretends to live a normal life in the suburbs with her hot, blonde young, large chested mother Janine.
Everything was going normal until she met Claudio. He was just so cool, and mysterious, and sexy! She started rolling around with him and the other mexican boys as they smoked cigarettes.
Next thing she knew, she was in for a ride! Across the border! Coming soon to a theater near you: ''Baja California''

I could see this story being popular with women self-inserting as the protagonist. Ignore the incel's hating. I honestly hate the idea, you're basically saying you want to write a cliche story but you don't want it to be cliche because its cute but if you're dead set on it you could find commercial success. Don't expect anyone to take it as anything more then a 50 shades of grey story though.

>tumblr
>shitty writing
>cute
Veeky Forums is kill

>ignore the incels hating
>hates it too

To expand upon an idea or a theme you can develop with the story for example. Do you have any ideas you want to explore with that story?

yeah but i hate it cause its trash and explained why, not just because shes a woman.

bai bai

>how is my idea immature? it's just trite
I find those two words more similar to eachother than either is to "cliche" personally

Write a Roman à clef or write nothing at all.

Add a le epic twist at the end. Surround it in philosophical buzzwords and references to classical literature. Almost have it make no real sense.

i thought i told you to kys /v/edditor

Thats anti-cliche and its even worse.

you seemed like you were at a loss, two different questions. guess you won’t find out what it is I said to you

Can you go into more detail about this?

What the fuck kind of story is that?
Here's what you want to do user.
>Find an interesting story in the Bible
>Research the everloving shit out of it. I mean google every verse and find all the commentaries on the verse from various sources
>retell your Bible story in 4 novels totaling over 1500 pages
>Feel free too add in anything you found in your google search. The more esoteric and bizzare, the better.
>Dedicate it to Thomas Mann

Write about a dozen "scenes" that provide a bare bones narrative for your character. The TL;DR version of your novel.
Now write 2 or 3 dozen anecdotes or digressions that might inolve your characters thoughs but don't necessarily advance the plot.
Use cut and paste to rearrange the anecdotes and digressions among the scenes until they fit in the most satisfying way.

Want better things.

Why is that a problem? The cool thing about writing is that you write whatever the fuck you want. Or are you one of those edgy teenagers who thinks every time you type something you should be changing world literature and possibly wear an eyepatch to look more like Joyce?

Sounds like you haven’t even written it yet, so first you should start.

You type like a female tumblrina. You may well be years under the age required to post here.

No lol

Why do you hate it? I want the girl to go from being a protected girl sheltered from her dad's world to being hardened
how do i make it not cliche? ugh

Listen femanon, the plot of a novel doesn't have to be fantastic. Just make your characters interesting and try to make their interactions engaging. The overarching plot becomes less relevant when people focus on the characters and their reactions to events.

you were the one asking for advice though
dumb womeme

so basically the most overused shit in all books directed towards teenage womeme?

Attached: 1502956683505.png (640x547, 448K)

make her schizophrenic, pedophile or just make her a douchebag - please just a little twist would make it reddit tier... what if she have a fetish with pegging and a lot of the worries she has is telling her boyfriend? just something mate, i know you can do it!

do you have a mental illness yourself? give her that, and see what happens...

what if she's deeply depressed and has a hard time being a part of the plot overall so she walks around at home haunted by her thoughts? then it would be even (((cuter))) when she actually finds love.

sorry for spamming
But let her sit at home and watch cartoons from her childhood and let her hate herself deeply

>(((cuter)))