Am I the only one who hates nihilism?

honestly im sick of everything having to be so nihilistic, litterally every book/show etc that has even a little of it is praised as being "woke" by the normies and it legit pisses me off because the whole point of nihilism (aside from being a thing for edgy teen atheists to use to act like theyre cool and superior) is that nihilism is something you DONT want to fall into otherwise youll end up like literally everyone on this site

Attached: r and m.jpg (970x545, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.fi/search?q=optimistic nihilism&oq=optimistic nihilism&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i61j0l3.1927j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nobody cares, fyodor

you reap what you sow my bro

No, you're the only one. I heard that large contigent of Christians on the site actually think nihilism is the bees knees.Now we have someone who can set them straight.

Attached: 1520715391497.jpg (498x600, 33K)

>am I the only one who
no, the answer is no

it would seem so, especially considering that according to aristotle "tolerance and apathy are the virtues of a dying society" and seeing as nihilism leads to an apathetic worldveiw I think we fucked

Attached: aristotle.jpg (2048x2048, 218K)

I guess it was more of a rhetorical question I asked to see if other people agree or not which anyone less dense than a brick could figure out

I hate this too. Any other show or movie that isn't Capeshit is some sort of philosophy 101 or faux-existentialism with surface level themes that are far too obvious but somehow the average movie goer is still too stupid to get them.

IKR its almost as if hollywood ran out of ideas ages ago

Yep. The internet was a mistake

Clean your room

It's like Gottfried said

>Tiure unde wert ist mir der man,
>der guot und übel betrahten kan,
>der mich und iegelîchen man
>nâch sînem werde erkennen kan.

>Tell good from bad—whoever can—
>I've learned to value such a man.
>One who knows to judge, and can,
>what's good in me, or any man.

There are too many people who, unable to tell good from evil, delude themselves into thinking that their cynicism is a result of sophistication.

had to remember what board im on for a second

Attached: IMG_5776.jpg (476x476, 55K)

You sound like the average contrarian faggot here who antagonizes an ideology based on its popularity among the normies, same thing with the christian/muslim uprising in Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums thinking that posting "fedora" memes as a reply is a valid refutation of the atheism.
If you hate nihilism you articulate the reasons why, otherwise you're no different from those "edgy normies"

>the atheism
The growing atheism*

We all are contrarian faggots, you faggot

Its only going to get worse sport, i'm sorry

>being this mad

Attached: bowed_fedora_by_leo_darkheart-d3enf77.jpg (640x480, 46K)

nice 99501 get

>proving my point

Attached: sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.u2.png (375x360, 135K)

I would argue otherwise. I would consider myself a nihilist in a way, but I have extreme concern for the world and society as a whole. My philosophical viewpoints don't intertwine with my political and societal viewpoints. The people who can't differentiate between them are the ones who can be apathetic or tolerant of their society.

No, I'm pure conformity you fucking good person.

I thought that because it's stupid that we laughed at it? Rick from Rick and Morty is a comic relief character and his "intelligence" is a deus ex machina, a set up for a couple punchlines, and a mguffin to push the show forward. It could be just about a drunk, nihilistic granddad with an obsession with his grandson but then it would just be the show shameless

>doesnt know about positive nihilism

so underage

Stop letting cartoons inform your worldview.

Attached: 1517287404325.jpg (600x600, 57K)

Nothing is wrong with Nihilism. Personally it could use less of the fan boys, but as Ann articulate ideology it isn’t inherently bad. Granted you sit there and talk about the meaninglessness of life and really you just end up feeding into your own atrophy. If you avoid doing that generally it feels fairly reasonble. People like Cioran for example would discuss how it is indeed the bleakness of life itself that makes it worth living because in any other circumstance why is any of this worth doing if it had a cosmic ramification on our being.

Aristotle didn't say that.

Attached: john-green-quote.jpg (700x559, 64K)

I legitimately consider the fedora meme a valid refutation of atheism on the internet, and you're not going to change my mind. I could write you an entire dissertation on why the infamous Aalewis quote encapsulates all the arguments against the kind of internet-atheism that is always espoused on forums like this, but it would be entirely pointless. Internet-atheism as an ideology has been so saturated with autism and idiocy that it is impossible to pull out whatever non-retarded doctrines it may hold. It's all:

>but hurr, what if I define God as having logically incompatible attributes, checkmate theists
>DURR, how come God allows bad things to happen? No, I'm not going to engage in the millennia long tradition of theodicy by brilliant thinkers, that would challenge my view, you convince me in a forum post, can't do it? I win
>DUUUUUUUUUURR magical sky man not real, fairy tale by goat-herders

This is what internet atheism is. If you want to point that this isn't all atheists on the internet, that a few of them are alright, that is akin to pointing out that a few nazis were actually really empathetic towards the jews - the ideology as a whole is too well-established for those tiny nuances to matter at all in practical matters.

>theodicy
>brilliant

Now go ahead and tell me how much of it you've read.

I've read a bunch of Aquinas and Leibniz senpai

Of course you have. Now give me the general gist of your critique.

My main grip is how the notion of free will is irreconcilable with the omniscience of God.

>millennia long tradition of theodicy by brilliant thinkers
Not even an atheist but come on senpai

Omniscience is another one of those properties ascribed to God that don't really seem to fit with what most believers actually believe, but rather fit with the rules of the autistic logic-game that internet-atheists so desperately want to play.

Anyway, Plantinga provided a plausible Ockhamist solution.

>Leibniz wasn't brilliant

you too.

This

google.fi/search?q=optimistic nihilism&oq=optimistic nihilism&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i61j0l3.1927j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

kids these days

Alright I'm not really into analytical autism but I'll check him out.

I don't care about family, kids, I'm not from religious family/community, I refuse to believe in any kind of teleology, I don't identify my self with any nation/race/ethos particularly - more that it identifies me on default.
If that is Nihilism then there it is.

Thanks m8, gave me a few good keks

Omniscience is validated by church doctrines, theologians and seems to be implied by the text of the Bible.

An IQ of 92: the post.

To paraphrase and alter upon Churchill:

Perhaps the greatest argument against nihilism, would be a conversation with the average adherent.

yikes