What languages are important to learn, not in order to read iconic works but...

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

What languages are important to learn, not in order to read iconic works but rather to enhance ones range of expression in writing?

Attached: 1521764113490.jpg (38 KB, 442x933)

All urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n7jHT7Tumcw
mega.nz/#F!DpAz2IgQ!nW7bPNnpJFk5CAV3ypiaHw
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

italian and latin. also, korean.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Latin, French, German? By enhance range of expression do you mean use phrases and words from another language in otherwise English writing?

idontknow
idontknow

german
Are you trying to make OP autistic?

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

I mean languages that are so fundamentally different that they are more apt to deal with subtle and sophisticated ideas.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

so yes, German and...?

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

What languages are important to learn
your native one to an expert level

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

English, you prog (I don't what this word means but it sounds offensive).
Otherwise, any language will do so long as you actually LEARN the grammatical concepts and how they differ in English.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

What about Russian?

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

oh look a fag who believes in worf-sapir, kys my mong

girlDog
girlDog

believing some languages are inherently more efficient and sophisticated is relativistic

More crayon sandwiches. user?

cum2soon
cum2soon

this board has been overrun by pseuds, its all over

iluvmen
iluvmen

You sound so confused. Try rephrase that sentence.

RavySnake
RavySnake

What's wrong with it? I'm genuinely worried because I can't even see an error. Maybe I'm losing my grip on reality.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK, bruh, if yu have to LEARN a language you are already just a hack get over it. write in your native tongue, do not be a faggot

Nojokur
Nojokur

dur french ppl r sophisimicated cuz they speak french not cuz they're from the birthplace of the enlightenment and home of paris

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

No I was thinking more about German and Mandarin actually. I don't think Romance languages could be of much use here.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

I'm not a writer. I just do a lot of philosophizing and metaphysical contemplation and I wonder how English might be limiting the direction of my thoughts. I've often heard that Dasein for instance, can't really be adequately described in English.

Soft_member
Soft_member

English is probably the shittiest language for that kind of thing. It doesn't even have a world for "being" and another for "Being". You need German+Greek

w8t4u
w8t4u

english is a germanic language so why cant we just import them like we did for like 80% of all the other words in english that arent french

iluvmen
iluvmen

being so autistic you need a word for Being

RavySnake
RavySnake

youtube.com/watch?v=n7jHT7Tumcw

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit