ITT we write a hardcore history episode one line at a time

ITT we write a hardcore history episode one line at a time

>I want you to think back to when you were a child

>imagine a high-definition panoramic view of your childhood home, now imagine it on fire.

>the people who did this are entirely foreign to you, so unlike yourself that they might as well be from a different planet, think H.G. Wells 'War of the Worlds' aliens.

>I'M NOT SAYING THERE'S A JFK CONSPIRACY, BUT MAYBE THERE'S A JFK CONSPIRACY

>they post your parent's flayed skin on a tree nearby, in a sort of medieval version of twitter; raided this settlement today #mongolconquest.

>now, i'm not a historian

>Will Durant said on the subject

>quote "The most godless of men, are often those who believe themselves to be the most godfull" end quote

>now...Can you IMAGINE what that must have been like?

>Folks, nothing remotely close to that has happened in over three hundred years.

>Just, the SCALE of it all, it really just boggles the mind

>Adrian Goldsworthy goes further in his book 'Roman Perspectives on Everything', quote; "Invading Iraq was the right decision and anyone who thinks differently probably wishes they were a piss-drinking Mongol barbarian" end quote.

>AGEEN AND AGEEN

>It's like the Battle of Pelennor Fields from the Lord of the Rings; the great evil besieging the last bastion of good in the world.

>you know folks, I've always been fascinated by the extremes of the human condition

>if there was list of top ten....

>absolutely amazing war strategy. Can you imagine a hitler doing this Even if he were to succeed with his thousand year reich? Can you imagine Alexander doing it if his empire didn't dissipate into nothingness? What about a Napoleon who was able to withhold and preserve his revolution?

>I think about what these people had to endure, and whether or not we [deep voice]as twenty-first century citizens of the world[/deep voice] would be able to do the same. And I don't think we could.

>I want you think about that, folks.

>But, remember, I'm just a fan of history. Don't listen to me.

>lick my bumhole