Has any woman been more important in history than Isabel de Castilla?

Has any woman been more important in history than Isabel de Castilla?

Let's remember what she did:
-Created Spain merging Castille and Aragon kingdoms marrying with Fernando.
-Finished Reconquista after finishing Granada Kingdom (Reconquista was almost finished 200 years ago but then kings were more busy fighting for power with noblemen).
-Patrocined Cristopher Columbus for discovery of America
-Recognized American natives as subdites with their own rights and created laws for their protection (prohibited slavism or undiscriminated killing)
-Create the first modern state after rekting the noblemen and consoliding the power in the Crown
-Allowed Fernando Gonzalez de Cordoba (El Gran Capitan) to modify the army, thus creating Tercios (which made infantery being prominent against cavalry, finishing Middles Ages welfare).
-Promoved catholic unicity in Spain (yes, that means Inquisicion and expulsion of jews and muslims).
-Led Francisco Jimenez de Cisneros (cardinal, Toledo Archbishop) to promove religion reforms, making Spain unaffected by protestantism, which would create too the Jesuitas who would do the Catholic Counterreform
-Established Spanish Grammar which started the Siglo de Oro (Golden Century)

>Has any woman been more important in history than Isabel de Castilla?
your mom

Doesn't the description say that you have to be over 18?

Eve, the Virgin Mary
Just for what they stand for

I dont think so really. She basically shaped Europe for the next 200 years. And allowed the Habsburgs and the >H >R >E to not be bullied too much by France. She also made noblemen follow the law,ironically she was an usurper.

I might argue Eleanor of Aquitaine, simply because the majority of Isabella's policies primarily affected Spain and the Spanish dominions, whereas Eleanor shaped the Levant, England, and France. You could argue that Isabella did more good, at least in the short run, but I don't know if she's more important in world history.

Catherine was pretty great, she is directly responsible for turning Russia into a superpower and everything that ensued from this.

Olga of Kiev

America

I dont think you can say that they are more important in history because of their symbolism. Eve is completely debatable having ever existed, even among the religious. Mary is more acceptable but she personally had no effect really.

Mary the mother of Jesus.

I´ll get your gold one way or another bitch

Are you saying Isabella was responsible for the discovery of the Americas? Sure, she directly funded Columbus' voyage but any Spanish monarch would likely have done that, given that it was a way of circumventing the Turks and the Portuguese.

In fact, I imagine the only reason France wasn't the one to fund the expedition that discovered the New World is because they were focused on creating a land empire in Europe.

all hail Gloriana

and her world-spanning skirt

Mitochondrial Eve 2bh

>Create the first modern state
hehehehehheheh

>kingdom
>state

Obvious answer is yes.

>Her Majesty Victoria, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Queen, Defender of the Faith, Empress of India.

Eleanor of Aquitaine didn't really affect things that much.

10/10 would fug again

She influenced the modern idea of chivalry. She was involved in a plot to overthrow her husband Henry II, and ruled as de facto Queen of England for a large part of what was technically her son Richard's reign. At almost 80 years old she was still playing a major role in England and France. Aquitaine was a pretty big chunk of France at the time, and she kept it mostly sovereign.

Fuck off Olgafag.

That's more Fernando. He was more entangled with the whole issue of cucking France because of the question of Naples, which was an aragonese realm. Isabel was more about finding a diplomatic solution with France in good spirit and then Crusade together all the way to the heartlands of the T*rk.

But Fernando got his way and Hassberger eventually happened.

You guys should watch Isabel

- "tell me about this new bride you all have found for me, how does she look?"
-"quite tall, quite blonde, quite fair... your typical Trastamara"

Kek

mitochondrial eve is a title, not a person. If an extant branch of aborigines died out it could shit mitochondrial eve by thousands of years.

To take your picture as an example, if the last three descendants of the L0a, L0d, and L0k died tomorrow, then mitochondrial eve would shift to the L1, L2, L3, M, and N common ancestor point.

That sounds like a compliment user.

Isabella is up there with Elizabeth, Roxelana, Catherine the Great, Maria Theresa and the one Cleopatra VII Philopator.

we have to go smugger