(This question is based around understanding Islamic culture and historical precedent, not just about future events.)

(This question is based around understanding Islamic culture and historical precedent, not just about future events.)

If a westerner destroyed the Kaaba in Mecca, what would happen?

Muslims would just rebuild it, like they did before.

When it was destroyed by other Sunni Muslims or before mass communication right?

This, followed by bitching and moaning.

99% of Muslims, and really people in general, don't have the stomach for violent conflict.

I really don't remember how many times and how it was destroyed but it wouldn't do anything expect piss muslims off.

Wasn't one of the reasons 9/11 happened down to American troops simply being in the same country as the Kaaba, even when they were there to protect Saudi Arabia?

Are you seriously implying there wouldn't be a holy war or are you just trying to be contrarian

Mass riots internationally, extreme levels of unrest and disturbances from Muslim communities in the west, it wouldn't just be closed conservative communities making all of the noise, the so called semi-practicing "moderates" would join in. Not to mention Pakistan would probably ally with other richer Muslim states and go in an all out war with the west. This is endgame world war 5 shit.

First of all you have to clarify the question since "the west" is a big subject. There would definitely be a holy war but that doesn't mean shit since there is probably more than 4 jihads going on right now, it would be small terrorist groups like el qaida and ISIS declaring a jihad on the attacking country but the muslim world as a whole wouldn't give a shit about their "jihad". Other than that the relations between the muslim world and the country that attacked the kabaa would be abysmal and they would probably embargo them but that's about it. Also I simply don't believe that there is any religious reasons behind terrorist groups like el qaeda and ISIS, I think they are just using religion as a way to reach their personal interest so I think the 9/11 shit is just bullshit excuse to attack america.

>they would probably embargo them but that's about it.
I don't think you realize the level in which these countries regard Islam. Coming from a Pakistani, trust me, it would be a lot fucking more than just trade embargoes.

I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any war. People are not stupid, no one would start WW3 but like I said what country is attacking the kaaba that is an important part of the question.

Realistically no western country would even dare to attack the kaaba. The level of backlash would be colossal. The kaaba is symbolic of the entire Muslim community, and given the fact that Muslims all around the world, especially living in European countries or America believe they're being some way persecuted or mistreated, commonly playing the victim card, I don't think Muslims would be particularly calm and sensible when it comes to the evil filthy west attempting to destroy the symbolic bastion of righteousness and truth. Countries would act out of emotion and not apply logic to the pros and cons, and given the fact that a majority of Muslim countries are shit at the moment, why would they hesitate in going to an all out war?

How would one even be able to blow up the Kaaba? And how would said person make it out alive?

Partially. Thats what bin Laden said, but when you look at the full picture surrounding the gulf war, it's obvious that he's just absolutely frothing with rage and jealousy that Saudi Arabia told him to piss off and got actual organised, trained and equipped militaries to defend them, rather than his rag tag band of religious fanatics.

- an AWOL US navy plane

- unauthorized cruise missile launch

- someone getting hold of a yemeni scud and sneaking through the border to get into firing range

- a hijacked aircraft kamikaze

- a weaponized drone

- a bomb

Cruise or tomahawk missles. No prob.

Shit, they're all hard as fuck

directly, nothing. middle east has very little actual power because they can't stop fucking themselves. someone goes "let's kill this external enemy" and all the others go "sure, just as soon as i've killed everyone on our side". without a period of peace that's never going to change.

but I'm sure it'd easily fuel extremism for another century.

from a global perspective islamic economic or military power is a joke but they're a huge annoyance because of all their shit conflicts leaking.

>conflicts leaking

That's a funny way of saying "Western nations interfering in their conflicts".

>Pakistan
>Iran
>Saudi Arabia
>Turkey
>"Very actual little actual power"

yes.

Turkey is pretty powerful but there is a military coup there every couple of decades, will probably happen again in the coming years.

Iran and Saudi Arabia are laughably weak.

Pakistan has nukes, but other than that is weak.

Well like I said that would again depend on the attacker. From how I see it there 2 countries that could do this; Russia and Israel.

If Russia attacks there will be no war (except some shitty african countries), there will be a lot of insurgence in russia, there will be a holy war. In the end Russia will pay some reparations or some shit and the tensions will end

If Israel attacks I'm 100 percent sure it's immediate war but I can't say what would happen say since we don't know ıf the west support Israel after they bomb kaaba or not.

Yes muslim countries have shitty leadership but the major ones (just forget about the african ones they won't matter in a situation like this) have leadership par with eastern yuro countries, there would be talk of war just like when turkey shot down russias plane but nobody is dumb enough to actually declare war (unless it's Israel)

Sure, but more people than that (of any religion or creed, but especially prevalent in islam) still hold violent views even if they aren't actively violent themselves, and can be manipulated by the 1% of truly evil people, or otherwise driven to violence even if it's not necessarily in their nature. Hatred of western society would definitely flare up, as would violence. But they would rebuild.

Imagine the scene:

Kaaba gets blown up by white boi. Muslims everywhere are calling for war. Saudi government stalls out so the people riot. Saudis put down the riot which only makes the people more aggravated. Armed insurrection topples the Saudi government.

Same thing would happen in all the other Sunni countries, extremists would get hold of Pakistani nukes. NATO would be faced with an insane situation, because there would be Muslims, leftists, black people etc in their militaries who would refuse orders or commit sabotage.

There would be a massive difference in reaction between "some white boi blows up the Kaaba" and "the kaaba is blown up by a western government".

First of all, how the fuck would some white boi blow up the Kaaba? It's pretty hard to get into Mecca, on top of that you need a fucking shitton of explosives to do massive damage to a big cube rock.

what point exactly are you making here? it sounds like ME fucking itself like usual, just with slightly increased velocity.

also politics do not stop western militaries you dumb retard. they can outdo ME forces with tiny amounts of people.

A jihad/holy war wouldn't be possible without a backing of a country and no country would back it up since modern nation states care more about their interest than they care about religion but there must diffidently will be insurgency and terrorist attacks in the attacking country.

yeah except the command of the British navy i.e. their nukes was a muslim a couple years ago