People that did nuffin wrong

Ian Smith:
>Britain decolonizes and decides to sing Kumbaya with blacks on their own tiny island
>Doesn't work so well for Kenya, Uganda, etc., blacks run whites out, everything turns to shit
>Rhodesia sees that blacks simply aren't ready to assume control of a nation-state overnight
>Says "FuckThat.bmp"
>Declares independance
>Implements a system whereby blacks will be raised
>Soviets and PRC start supporting black insurrectionists all around the south-east of Africa (this is where Mugabe comes in)
>Cause shitstorm for Rhodesia
>Bush wars ensue (Rhodesia kicks ass, but it's going to be endless war)
>USA and Britain won't help 'coz Ian Smith a raysuss and we need to distract from our own race issues here (South Africa is cool though because they're way more conservative than Rhodesia)
>Only SA is left to support (via supply convoys up one highway), but eventually even this stops
>Rhodesia, backs to the wall decide to cave and hold elections
>Mugabe intimidates voters outside the poll stations to vote for him with goons
>Mugabe takes over
>Generally keeps things running smoothly for a while
>War buddies start demanding their gibsmedats they were promised
>'Gabe starts repossessing/redistributing white farmland
>Blacks who don't know how to farm land now own it
>Everything turns to shit (crop failure, hyperinflation)
>"We would just steal, but there is nothing left to steal anymore."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eyJFRTJgPbU
youtu.be/A0C4_88ub_M
youtu.be/lKEBZKTy3AE
youtu.be/Umj8-U2sg4E
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/913414.stm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodesian_Bush_War
youtu.be/JJhRiA6h1k0
youtu.be/ZRuSS0iiFyo
youtu.be/0DuNhsLR9y0
youtu.be/4_-uPkYoX4M
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2787057.stm
youtube.com/watch?v=0DuNhsLR9y0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so are white people to blame for post mugabe zimbabwe too?

I am defending Smith. He did nothing wrong

That Mugabe's war buddies started demanding gibsmedats wasn't the problem in and of itself, just someone embezzled all the gibsmedats so he had to start parcelling out land instead

>He did nothing wrong
>illegally declare a state independent
>wrestle control from the start of your term in power to the forced dissolution of the state
>refuse to concede to both parliamentary and international rules because 'muh nationalism'

Kennedy destroyed any chance of Africans ever becoming civilised in our lifetime.

Who would have thought that ones lofty ideals don't hold up against the reality of nature.

His idiotic behaviour aside.

How the fuck did no General of the states saw Communists arming insurgents and said:

>"Maybe letting our enemy spread his ideology unhindered is a bad idea"

>"Maybe we should help the guys who don't hate our guts"

youtube.com/watch?v=eyJFRTJgPbU

This is not exactly a fair representation of Zimbabwean history.

Required watching for anything Africa related South of the Sahara.

youtu.be/A0C4_88ub_M

>implying it needs to be
It tells people what they want to hear

It rather tells people what they don't want to hear.

Maybe there's a reason why Africa is such a shithole other than due to people with a lighter skin-colour

Watched that the other night, good documentary. Who's in the picture?

Really? I thought this 2 minute mspaint video made me an expert on the entirety of Zimbabwe's history.

Judging by the dog I'd guess some family in Rhodesia

Image search comes up with "White Farmers Zimbabwe

South Africa is a great pre-lude of what awaits Europe.

This world is mad, it throws away any sort of rationality because it fears the consequences of it.

There seems to be no middle-ground for most people.

I'm not a racist, I never was. Why are people unable to look at both sides of an argument?
I'm afraid of what the future holds.

>illegally
Fuck off

what kind of dog is it?

>implying Europe won't have a mass revolt
It's just dialectics senpai

*cough* Rhodesian Ridgeback *cough* I have 4 of them.

German Shepard

>>implying Europe won't have a mass revolt
I can't fucking wait to see the world on fire.
youtu.be/lKEBZKTy3AE
Kai Murros is fucking based.

>colonize a territory
>completely exploit it and offer no help to the native population that outnumbers you massively
>expect them to not be mad

whatarethey like?

Looks like an Rhodesian Ridgeback

I'm scared, mate.

Deathly scared.

Good dogs, very protective of children, realtivly intelligent.
I use them for hunting Hogs

>completely exploit it and offer no help

You're just a pussy then

Economic development I mean

Compare and contrast Namibia and Rhodesia.

Why did Namibia prevail when Rhodesia fell?

Lad...

More like
>Go to a place,with no civilization,huge rates of child mortality,no infraestructure and medicine
>People Go there for resources,and they bring their knowledge in agriculture,science,mathematics and engineering with them.
>Those people create moderatly wealthy societies
>Negros chimp out
>Become a shithole.

What is it with the USA and arming rebels in foreign countries, which inveritabely end up fucking everything up in the future?

>for whites
It's the same reason why there's so much resentment for the west Germans in former east Germany. You'd be an idiot to think it wouldn't happen

It wasnt boicoted by the UK and The UN? That is a pretty big difference

>brit bongs think they have a right to colonize
They could've let a sleeping dog lie

Why? Is this how you answered questions in exams?

He's actually an obsessive Spaniard and if you knew ANYTHING at all about Rhodesia's downfall, you wouldn't call him a Brit.

East Germans never did this:

And you're daft if you think blacks didn't live in Salisbury.

Also do you honestly believe the uneducated native population was going to suddenly start running successful businesses and an effective government if only people just handed them the cash? The racial situation in Rhodesia was a natural reflection of the vast disparity in capabilities between whites and blacks. This post points out beautifully what happens when unqualified people seize authority for themselves.

What happened to white-Rhodesians after Rhodesia? Where did they go and how were they accepted?

Like I said, the area could've never been colonized. The anger from the black majority is completely understandable even if it's not justified

Colonization was good. Why dont we bitch when Romans colonized Spain or France as much as we do with Africa? There is no difference. Resources, for getting technology and new ways of development. It is the same principle.

Other parts of Africa,Australia or the UK. This small clip is interesting,if you want to see an example.
youtu.be/Umj8-U2sg4E

Most left to go to the UK or SA I think. Lots could get UK citizenship.

Yeah. It was pretty obvious that it would happen

>Why did Namibia prevail when Rhodesia fell?
A huge part of the success of Namibia was that they had Rhodesia to give them an example of how bad things could get. By all means everyone expected SWAPO to go full Zimbabwe, but instead they ended up being surprisingly reasonable upon taking power. Sure, they still worked to perform land redistributions to fix the fact that the vast majority of usable land in Namibia was owned by a tiny white minority, but instead of taking the full-retard approach of Mugabe, they were more level-headed about it - hell, they wrote into their constitution that forced confiscations aren't allowed, and that the only thing they can do is buy land for redistribution.

It also probably helped that South Africa was much more effective at limiting SWAPO's presence to the northern extremes of the country up until 1991, and that SWAPO was the only group contending for the country, unlike the three-sided conflict Rhodesia experienced. And then you also had the fact that communism was falling just as Namibia gained its independence. Though SWAPO may have been full-on commies, they recognized that they weren't going to be getting any support from their friendly neighborhood Soviets for much longer, so they toned down the rhetoric to avoid becoming a pariah state.

>taking the full-retard approach of Mugabe
Did Mugabe just force whites to give up their land under threat of death? He kept harassing them?

>The anger from the black majority is completely understandable even if it's not justified

Yes I can understand why someone would be angry by being outperformed by a foreigner but what is tragic is that rather than use this anger to constructively improve oneself, the Africans destroyed that which they could not create.

That was basically bound to happen. The colonial powers were retarded to think anything good would happen out of it

Perhaps you're right that the colonial powers were overly optimistic.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/913414.stm

Mugabe did a lot of shit wrong. A big part of what he did was forced confiscations of land from whites. While the confiscations were performed under the guise of undoing the massive wealth inequalities between the black and white population, the reality was that he did so more to punish dissenters while rewarding his supporters (land was usually given to supporters).

While taking land from successful farmers and giving it off to people who have little to no experience in farming had predictable effects (famine), that also played into Mugabe's hands. He'd been far from a popular person, only gaining power thanks to extensive voter suppression, primarily targeted at rival ethnic groups. This unrest continued past the end of the Bush War, and having economic hardship and famine only made things easier for him. He could divert food away from dissenters and use aid as a weapon by only supplying it to those who remained in support of him. By doing so, he could create a situation where he can maintain the facade of legitimacy by still holding democratic elections, but just making sure that any dissenters are too poor/starving to vote.

While Mugabe was a fairly extreme example of what could go wrong, it still served as a warning that Namibia and South Africa heeded - forcible redistribution may be an attractive prospect, but it opens the door to authoritarian practices that will ruin the country.

Are you Rhodesian by any chance?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodesian_Bush_War

At first Mugabe was happy with a Willing Buyer, Willing Seller system whereby white farmers would only sell their land willingly, mostly to their black farmhands who actually knew about agriculture and how to run a farm. The Zimbabwean government would forcefully evict any black squatters and otherwise make sure the transition went smoothly. This was probably the best solution available. Agricultural output would remain about the same.

The trouble started when the War Veteran's Fund that Mugabe had set up to compensate veterans of the Second Chimurenga either ran out or was embezzled. The only valuable commodity that couldn't be exported and could be used to compensate the veterans was land, so the government put a lot of pressure on whites to "willingly" sell their land by generally making things difficult for them, but the clause nominally remained in effect. By this stage land was mostly going to soldiers and commanders who had no idea how to utilise or maintain it.

Bear in mind that these weren't really traditional subsistence farms, they were massive, modern operations and required a lot of skilled labor and administration to maintain. The Shona don't really have a tradition of growing crops, their traditional farming was cattle-rearing, which complicated the situation further.

Eventually the government started outright ignoring the clause and said that if whites didn't sell their land it would eventually be seized and they would be compensated with a much smaller amount of money than they would have got if they had willingly sold it.

Nope. Why?

I'm keen to talk to one.

Should I love to Cape Town?

t. young, white, British male.

Most farmers don't have the money to leave now.

Most countries don't recognise their claims for asylum.

youtu.be/JJhRiA6h1k0

A talk with a guy from South Africa.

Take this as well.

youtu.be/ZRuSS0iiFyo

youtu.be/0DuNhsLR9y0

youtu.be/4_-uPkYoX4M

>youtu.be/ZRuSS0iiFyo
that's not relevant.

Weapons were confiscated.

Self-Defense laws were changed.

He basically gave his mobs all the tools to take the farms without him having to move a finger

Just an example

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2787057.stm

It's a good insight nonetheless.

Most fled to the UK, Australia, South Africa and Botswana. Ian stayed though and dedicated the rest of his life to bantz about Mugabe.

Damn, I have't even began looking into Botswana yet, all I know is that it's doing better than its neighbours. I think Rhodesia a more beautiful county however.

>he actually believes that a declaration of independence can be "illegal"

>actually believing this shit

Holy fucking shit I am lol'ing right now, is this Kai Murros guy 12 years old? What a fucking edgy idiot.

Africa is a perfect example of not everyone being equal, and that the assumption that we are is utterly destructive.

I am all for equality, but most ignore that some people just don't want the same.

And in the face of that issue, people think that appeasing those who abuse this will fix it is utterly delusional.

There is a middle ground, people just fail to realise that.

>I am for equality except for some people

I didn't say that.

Oh its this thread again...

I misread your post

It's a sad thing really.

I'd like to believe in a multicultural society.

But it just doesn't work if just one group practices that.

One needs to do no more than to look at europe.

We failed, and people are unable to admit it.

We, and our children will suffer for it.

No one ever mentions how fucked up the education system was and how extremely flawed the franchisement system was, the fact that Rhodesia was ruled no different from a colony, wage disparities between races in the same job, the horrible land system, the governments huge disparity of funding and representation between groups etc.

It was unsustainable and Ian Smith and certain interests (such as white unions that did anything to prevent blacks from entering their fields or trades since they depress the wages) refused to stop daydreaming.

>Cyprus
Wait, what the fuck? I'm a Cypriot and this is the first time I've heard about Cyprus being involved in a conflict in Africa.

Shows them right for trying to uplift animals from the filth

It may have been shit but they were certainly better off than now

I wish Rhodesia was as good as the Rhodies say, but this is the sad truth.

Only until the British stopped helping with Zimbabwe willing seller willing buyer and Mugabe desperation to pay the veterans of the war that led to illegal land seizures, mismanagement of farms, lack of confidence in the currency that led to massive inflation.

Prior to that many whites were fine with him because contrary to the meme vast majority of whites were urban and had about the same economic influence and as long as their economic interests weren't touched they gave no fucks. Only when shit went down did they start to leave.

>/pol/ revisionism

>for whites
>implying that rhodesia was split into ooga-booga tier black bush and gleaming whites-only cities
you're just as bad as the 'white paradise' racists

>redd!t whitewashing

youtube.com/watch?v=0DuNhsLR9y0

Kai Murros is a widely respected international speaker for European communities, and the idea of an independent Europe.
You're a shit whipe on the Internet

Where are the proofs?

>comment section
>literally dindunuffin

How can anyone justify Mugabe while blaming everything on America and the UK, some even claim America steal Zimbabwe farming.

Support doesn't necessarily mean Cyprus participated in combat - the americans and russians, as far as mainstream history can tell, did not (the CIA and the KGB, however, are known to have been involved in at least training and arms dealing).

Just sending supplies and vehicles and weapons counts as that, which is probably what happened here.

I've literally never heard of him before now and an Internet search doesn't give much beyond /pol/ tier sites

>the Brits colonized for humanitarian reasons

It's simple to see that whites are better nation builders

>hhhuuurrr colonisers raped all the wealth out!

Buy building farms and infrastructure? Schools, hospitals, industry? Strange way to destroy a country that was free of hate and a utopia before hand

Where the kaffir using diamonds or gold? Had the means to mine it? Or any interest in it? No.

>But racciss whites!

Which is nothing compared to the racism of Mu-dindu-gabe's communist regime

The easiest way to see who was right is honestly ask yourself if you would live in Rhodesia or Zimbabwe

Operation Eland and Dingo still make me smile when I read about them

It is a byproduct of colonisation

This tbqh

Colonization that had absolutely no need to happen

>expansion is only bad when whites do it
No

It also had plenty of fucking reasons,
Resources,
Growing population
We can

A bunch of uppity niggers shouldn't stop progress because they like to throw spears at each other and be lead by a witch doctor

>I've literally never heard of him before
>you knowing about him matters
Top Zozzle

>implying I implied the 'only whites'
>implying 'progress' exists as a single thing
If it does exist, the colonial countries did a pretty shitty job

>only reading half of a one sentence post

No
Niggers just nig

It is known

The rest is a flase comparison.
No need to address it, narcissist.