Did Jesus actually do anything apart from being a hippy...

Did Jesus actually do anything apart from being a hippy? Did he lay the foundations for a functioning society like Muhammad did?

No

So he's not an impressive figure from a historical perspective?

>Jesus
>not literally the son of God
>not knowing that he literally kicked the Jews outta the temple that were corrupting it
Heretic, Veeky Forums isn't a Muslim board.

Isa alayhi assalaam brought the word of God to the people. He can't help being censured to death.

Veeky Forums isn't a board for religious people.

From a historical perspective, what dis Jesus accomplish?

>like Muhammad did?
Yeah, because the Muslims today are a really great example of a functioning society.

Forget all prophets. They're a stain on humanity's history.

>what dis Jesus accomplish?
He got people to follow him and spread his name, through PEACE and not through murdering other tribes.
>Veeky Forums isn't a board for religious people.
Then why the fuck does /pol/ tell people to go back to Veeky Forums?

He proved that Anal Birth can lead to not only a viable fetus, but someone who can be a (barely) functioning member of society.

He pooped; like most prophets.

His poop also stank; like most prophets.

A 7th century desert nomad built the foundations for a society that could compete with the West until the 1500s. That's impressive, no other man has done the same.

What did Jesus do?

He laid the foundation for the two biggest world religions. That seems like an accomplishment to me.

Persians did that, nigger.

>Persians did that

Iranian detected.

Because nobody wants you cucks.

>said the kike who cucks for Islam

This is true if you determine greatness by tallying up a person's conquests, but conquest does not make a person great and mercy is not a sign of weakness.

Nobody likes christians. You're very annoying. Go preach your bullshit from door to door, it doesn't work online.

Are you Jewish? Or are you an atheist?

I'm atheist, my parents are atheists. I'm not jewish (though my paternal grandmother was one).

>(though my paternal grandmother was one)
Shut up Jew.

At that time there were hundreds of self-proclaimed prophets, Jesus of Nazareth was one of them, he was just a philospher, but his students were so delighted by his teaching that they made his a "son of god"/"messiah".

>that could compete with the West until the 1500s
Not much of an accomplishment since the West was pretty shit for many centuries in between there, thanks to Christianity.

>thanks to Christianity

Good meme. And this is coming from a Muslim.

>Thanks to Christianity
Go ahead and post the meme graph, you know you want to.

>thanks to Christianity
Gibbon please stop. There are 1000 other threads about the fall of Rome.

I don't consider myself Jewish. I hate the very idea of a Jewish identity.
>because of Christianity
Why exactly? And Europe continued to be very Christian until at least the 18th century.

I'm talking about the Crusades, quite possibly the lowest point in history for the West.

But you are Jewish, you have blood of the Jews and you're an atheist, very natural for a Jew such as you.

Hippies smoked pot, had sex and protested against Nixon.

There is no evidence that he protested against Nixon (though he is rumored to have been seen at Woodstock)

>removing the heretics from the Holy Land is bad
>removing heretics that did nothing but genocide people who were of the same faith is bad
>implying any of it wasn't justified

b8
My paternal grandmother is a jew, that doesn't make me a jew. That makes my dad a jew perhaps.. Even though he never considered himself a jew either.

You're related to the Jews. It's natural for a jew or someone of jewish descent to become an atheist, like you.

>being a hippy
>implying

You know what's funny ? That everyone thinks it's so goddamn easy to just "stop being mean" and actively seek peace and sharing rather than being egocentric and aggressive. Up to this point of history, it's something that's never been achieved. If you classify the teaching of Jesus as just being a hippy, well above being fucking dumb you're also incapable to see what he's done.

There are people who seek to get along with eachothers, and there are people who don't think it's possible and so act against the others.

Then thankfully I have jewish blood.

Also quite ironic how you, a butthurt christian, are following a literal kike religion and are so vehemently saying i'm a jew because I don't follow a kike religion.

Pope Clement VII almost send Copernicus to death by burning when he send his major work (De revolutionibus orbium coelestium) to him. This work was published 50 years later as a "hypothesis" with removed Copernicus foreword.

The whole thing was fucking retarded, driven by schizophrenics with shit goals in general. We were ridiculously better off BEFORE and AFTER it happened. There's a reason why in the history of philosophy there is a big gap around that time period, between Ancient Greece and Europe starting around the 1600s.

>Then thankfully I have jewish blood.
>wanting to be a Jew
>doesn't have any money
>sitting on his ass on Veeky Forums shitposting about the Jew that said fuck the Jews and founded his own religion
See, I got a Jewish friend that wants to make money
>i'm a jew because I don't follow a kike religion.
I'm saying you're a Jew because you are following a kike religion, the religion of nothing.

It's easy to be a happy peaceful hippy like Jesus when you have no power, no army to lead, no territory to control and protect from hostile entities.

It's literally meaningless.

>between Ancient Greece and Europe starting around the 1600s.
You mean "secular" philosophy.
>The whole thing was fucking retarded, driven by schizophrenics with shit goals in general
Are you an atheist? Why do you hate the holy land? Do you want people to be forced to pay a fuck-ton of taxes?

Bsvk then to be a nazerene the, town wasn't built yet but the area was well known, was tantamount of being a terrorist. Sicari & zelots were of the same ilk

"It takes 5 - 7 generations before the jewishness is gone"

True, but he taught others to follow.

And I guess he was convincing.

>You mean "secular" philosophy.
I mean good philosophy.

>Are you an atheist? Why do you hate the holy land?
I don't care about the plot of land called Jerusalem and its surrounding territory. But I do think the Catholic church was pretty damn repugnant around that time, like the Nazis times 100. Mudslimes being no better.

> There's a reason why in the history of philosophy there is a big gap around that time period, between Ancient Greece and Europe starting around the 1600s.
Gee, i wonder fucking why?

>I mean good philosophy.
Good is subjective you pleb.
>I don't care about the plot of land called Jerusalem and its surrounding territory
But I do, that is the Holy Land.

Christianity as we know today came from Paul.

Jesus, the historical character actually accomplished very little, his following was incredibly tiny and insignificant until Paul's revisionism.

then fuck off from Veeky Forums.

>getting upset that people want the holy land back
Fuck off,

>Good is subjective you pleb.
What's your point? It's still good to me, and I'm not a dogma-loving retard still stuck on the mentality of delusional psychos from the Crusades.

It's not that we didn't have philosophy books in the middle ages. It's that they were not considered importaint. In middle ages "philosophy" went something like this
-epistemology: illuminationism (the idea that messages from the spirit world are the best way to gain knowledge)
-Metaphysics: Using Plato and Aristotle to justify the Christian religion
-Ethics: Quoting the bible

Philosophy started up again when Descartes was the first man to activily propose an epistemology that wasn't just a biblical circle jerk...funny enough the church banned such books.

Good may be subjective. But frankly unless you want to axiomatically assume Catholicism or Islam is true there is very little use for medevil philosophy. There's a reason why most studies of philosophy completly skip over the entire medevil period, maybe name dropping Aquinas or Avicenna. To give you an idea of how shitty the state of philosophy, Thomas Aquinas himself thought Greek philosophy was usless with the exception of Aristotle's proof of God.

This is because illumination epistemology was something people actually beleived. Why read what a bunch of pagan authors wrote when you get knowledge straight from the angels? The best way to solve problems is to pray.

This is a thread about history. Saying "he was merciful" is not an accomplishment in a historical perspective. My uncle is pretty merciful but he's not going down in the books. Conquering and building an empire however is historically note-worthy.

>christcucks gave it to kikes

lmao

>I'm not a dogma-loving retard still stuck on the mentality of delusional psychos from the Crusades.
Do you cuck for Islam? Because you do realize that the Crusades was also a defensive war too.
>But frankly unless you want to axiomatically assume Catholicism or Islam is true there is very little use for medieval philosophy.
>Why read what a bunch of pagan authors wrote when you get knowledge straight from the angels?
Exactly, why should I listen to a pagan when I can farm, and not die.
>protestants are christians
Top lel

>Do you cuck for Islam?
I don't vouch for any of the Abrahamic religions. The closest thing to a "religion" I follow is modern science and Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

>The closest thing to a "religion" I follow is modern science and Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
>Nihilism
>not even the good kind where you can claim that it's you that can do it

>not even the good kind where you can claim that it's you that can do it
What are you talking about? Do what?

Egoism. It's better than being a stick in the mud and thinking none of this ever matters.

I don't think none of this matters though. You obviously didn't read or grasp Zarathustra well.

Oh look another Christ poster that hasn't the faintest clue what the books he is crying about are about.

Then I take it you boldly take a stand against egoism and happily volunteer every day to help the homeless.

Oh wait, you being here proves that you're as selfish as the nihilists you despise

Jesus was more interested in making people too good for society.

He overturned all the old values to make for his own, a true overman, a beyond man, unlike any the world has ever seen.

>a true overman
Except he was fundamentally anti-life, so by definition of the philosophical concept, he can't be an Overman.

>Jesus was more interested in making people too good for society.

By turning them into people who condemn other people for not applying values to their lives they don't apply to their own?

Don't bother, Constantine is a fanatic who will misrepresent literally anything to make Orthodoxy look good.

>Then I take it you boldly take a stand against egoism and happily volunteer every day to help the homeless.
I'm not doing it out of kindness nor I gain anything, why should I do it?