What did something historically relevant either on a national or international scale that your state/region/equivalent...

What did something historically relevant either on a national or international scale that your state/region/equivalent has done in the past 50 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ORBgNjm2K0w
youtube.com/watch?v=8XnRF5zyIKE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

White flight

I live in the Netherlands.

That is to say, nothing.

Why wouldn't Abe recognize Missouri?

No one likes Missouri
>Niggers
>Disease
>Too Southern to be Midwestern
>Too Midwestern to be Southern
>St Louis and Kansas City are ass
>Cardinal nation

Many other things too.

Supported the US economy during the great recession
t. Texan.
P.s. GIB INDEPENDENCE

In 1983, our Bavarian Minister-president Franz Josef Strauss gave a small loan of about 3 billion Deutsche Mark to Eastern Germany to go spend it on fun things, so their eventual collapse does not come too soon.

So, he basically bought us about 7 years of time before those poor souls became Western Germany's direct problem and responsibility.

Some say the loan was unconstitutional/immoral and advocated for a natural collapse of the Eastern "economy". That caused some guys to splinter from the CSU (Bavaria's Christian Dems) and their nationwide sister party CDU (Germany's Christian Dems).

Others say, the loan smoothed the transition to a unified Germany, where tax payers in the whole country still pay up for that uncompetitive shitstain that is planned economy.

You cucked yourself. There's no un-cucking

Britanny, in France, is knowing for only one thing : Constant riots.
Everytime the governement tries to do anything in this region, you'll see everyone going on strike, chimping out and rioting.
You just have to look at last week's events in France. While there were protests in all of France due to a law the Prime Ministre wants to pass, you had huge riots, wounded, and stores destroyed in Nantes and Rennes.
Britanny is the whitest region of France, so /pol/ can't claim it was niggers doing it. I have no idea. It's just that... I don't know, bretons are hardcore when it comes to their privileges.

Everyone knows that Celts are the niggers of Europe. See: Ireland and Irish diaspora.

I'm British so

>Falklands War
>Put boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan
>Began allowing mass immigration, which will go down in history as a horrible mistake

I'm also Scottish, so

>Failed independence referendum

Hopefully next month we'll cause another major historical event by supporting Brexit and crashing the EU with no survivors

Ushered in a new paradigm in urban development and public transport. Became the centerpiece of the Golden Banana.

>Illinois
uh...

Space launches.

Jose Figueres abolished the army so Costa Rica could stay away from the Cold War's kerfuffle. He also made communism illegal while retaining some socialized institutions like universal healthcare and education.

The only relevant thing that ever happened here and the reason we aren't a complete shithole like the rest of Central America.

Washington state so probably the tech industry and plane industry here is the only thing of historical note.

Co-first state to legalize weed I guess.

The dug up around 250 bronze age farms from the region I am from. Might not sound to amazing until you realize the region is roughly 25 by 15 kilometer or 15 by 10 mile.

My city had that one trans-black lady who was somehow relevant a year ago

Flip here.

In 1521, The army of Lapu-Lapu, Chieftain of the Island where my hometown is, killed Magellan. Idiot gotten himself involved in a power struggle between Rajah Humabon (the cunt Magellan allied with) and Lapu-Lapu, who was a Chieftain of a band of tribal pirates that cockblocked the trade of the Rajah.

The small skirmish is also reenacted annually every April.

Home to the Wall Street Jews and electing an the biggest liars ever as both Governor and Senator.

Oh, and having a SJW mayor

Literally nothing good in Missouri. St. Louis has always been the asshole of the country even before deindustrialization.

Oh, and both of the current relevant presidential candidates are from the state.

We produce either complete shit or gold.

Maybe he was from Kansas?

Virginia is always relevant.

Iowa
Basically Norman Borlaug and agriculture to feed a world full of dindus.

it's no surprise that it sounds like "misery"

We have the Indy 500 every year, but that's about it really.

>Catalonia

Unleash the waves of butthurt to a point where there's no return.

Michigan is home to Detroit, which churned out large amounts of the equipment for both the United States and the Soviet Union.

And it is, of course, "Detroit" when you think about it now.

A US senator's plane crashed into my Elementary School in the 90s

I know that feel. Now the only thing we're relevant for is having no money and being pretty much run into the ground by corruption.

Ferguson

#nojusticenopeace
#handsupdontshoot

First privately funded Nuclear Power Plant near my home.

first muslim mayor of a major European city, innit

Largest mass hanging in U.S. history, right here in Minnesota in 1862

KHAN'D

I see a lot of /int/ memes on Veeky Forums

I approve

>Focus of all Illegal Immigration debate
>Joe Arpaio in general
>Best example of ubran sprawl gone horribly out of control since LA
>Only really strong Native American rights presence in US

And if I can go back further
>Pluto was discovered in my home town

at least you have jordan's bulls, though that's slightly too new for Veeky Forums yet

It was behind the K-Mart all along.

What happened to Minnesota Nice?

CO
>LEGAL DUDE WEED LMAO
I hate this.

For country:
youtube.com/watch?v=ORBgNjm2K0w

For state:
Form the heart of modern show business
Gay rights
Hippies
Bikers

>GIB INDEPENDENCE
Do you really think you'll do better as an independent nation? Be honest here.

Largest US City to file for Bankruptcy?

First western nation to take a (somewhat) hard-line stance against third world immigration.

>tfw this bloke will never represent your country with top bantz ever again

>his country isn't an island.

But you still have a Fuckton of people overstating their visas and Chinese are buying everything up.

Thank God.

>past 50 years
>posts fucking Magellan
Did they abolish math classes in the past 50 years?

I miss #basedtones

Fucking hate Turnjew

Back to /int/

Veeky Forums is just /int/ without flags

Veeky Forums isn't as blatantly/pol/ified as /int/ though

Another Texan here, no, we don't.
The people you hear clamoring for independence are memesters who like triggering yanks, bottom-of-the-barrel rednecks, children, and illegal immigrants.

We threatened to secede almost every year through the 60s-80s but we still haven't done it
Queensland will never be relevant

In totality? Not for a while, but yes. I do believe it is a good idea to balkanize the United states.

Was the "I'm a right wing fag lul" meme ever funny?

youtube.com/watch?v=8XnRF5zyIKE

Fucked over state employees, especially teachers.

On Wisconsin!

Julian Assange/WikiLeaks

Arkansawyer here. The only thing I can think of is that the Japanese internment camps during WW2, at least for the Japs from the West coast, we're here in Arkansas. Which is why at a "Hollywood stars from Arkansas" exhibit we had at the old state Capitol a few months back they had George Takei's picture up so that was cool. Rohwer and JEROME were the two camps, it was about 16-17,000 folks total. Fun stuff.

Sorry I know that isn't past 50 years. I suppose Bill Clinton is a national event? I think it's great that we kicked him out of the governor's chair, in part, because Hilary wouldn't take his last name and people still talk about that shit. I've had multiple people tell me they won't vote for Hilary because of it.

>western nation
>resides literally further in the east than china, japan or korea

Fuck up the 2000 election

No president has ever been elected without based OHIO since the '70s.

You don't fuck with Ohio, but you have to take the good with the bad. As much as I love my home city Cleveland it is shitty

Get fucked autist

The GOP needs Ohio more than the Democrats. Obama did not need Ohio in 2008 or 2012

>didn't need Ohio

That's a "what if" since he still won ohio so it'd be hard to say if he still would've won without it. But please elaborate. I've certainly lagged on politics but gotta keep up with elections coming

t. Austinite

had a good chuckle

ISIS

Barry Goldwater tried to save America

90's Bulls
The quickest rise and fall of a football dynasty...ever.
Being the blackest northern state before all of Haiti moved to New York.
Fastest at deindustrializing
Perhaps the most corrupt state north of the Equator, west of Poland
Fucking our country politically in the evil California/Illinois/New York triumvirate
Probably the most culturally aware state for whites (I know people who fight based on being Italian/Polish/German)
Somehow worse than Missouri.
Decatur is the least talked-about worst city in the country.
Pekin was the meth capital of the world for 2 years, beaten by a one-horse town in Missouri.
Christ I need to move.

>implying it isn't just further west

A nation being "western" is more a political statement than a geographic one and you know that.

Uuuh some guy blew up our capital building in the 90s, but that got eclipsed by 9/11 so...
We make pretty okay beef jerky I guess?

Made degenerates start using the right bathrooms

The first subway resteraunt was founded here. The nautilus, the first nuclear submarine was built here. Dan Malloy loves to lick Obama's balls.

For all its flaws, Connecticut is a great place for subs

houses the capital of europe, Strassburg

yeah I'm sure it was whites throwing an IED at the police while screaming allahu akbar

N/A. The last time we were relevant was 1956

My state just said trans people couldn't use the bathroom
>tfw no Bruce Springsteen concert

The Cardinals and Royals

What, not at all?

Do you live in India?

North Carolina, I was oversimplifying. Transpeople now have to use the bathroom of their sex, ie you can't use the bathroom of the gender you identify with until you have surgery. Honestly I wouldn't care except now people have to PROVE their gender to the police who are forced to enforce the law and that's a civil rights violation. As a result of this law all these companies pulled out, we're losing a lot of money. Bruce Springsteen also cancelled a concert in NC, it's all over the US news and the Justice Department gave the governor until today to repeal the law.

Civil Rights were a mistake.
The 14th amendment is being stretched far beyond anything it was originally intended for.

Region, so your county not your nation.

While I agree with you there you shouldn't have to pull your pants down to the police to use the bathroom. Plus a girl I went to high school with had her father on as a consultant for the law. He said "he didn't want any trannies assaulting his daughter or wife in the bathroom." It's North Carolina. Get them a gun.

Rape Iraq twice, won the Cold War, raped millions of Vietnamese with only 50k dead, and became the worlds only superpower

Spain

The death of Franco and transition to democracy
The failed coup of tejero
The Irak War (Spain was one of the principal participators)
The financial crisis and subsequent political crisis going on right now.

what city?

Did anything relevant on the international scale happen during the past 50 years without my country's involvement?

I agree with you as well.
But then what happens is some freak gets shot to death and becomes a "martyr" for "trans rights.
Anyway, there really is no winning situation.

Detroit

Kansas City is kind of okay, if bland. But yeah STL is unimaginably horrible.

kek

It's North Carolina, we all have guns, even the transfolk.

The point of the joke is that it is a total non-sequitor. Missouri is literally in the middle of the country, and is a non-controversial part fo the Union. The culture is fairly southern, but it's not even deep-south. The culture is rather a blend of midwest , south, and west.

There would at least be some logic to not recognizing a Hawaii, or a California, maybe. There's zero logic to refusing Missouri, while acknowledging everything else that surrounds it. The only way it would make any sense is to some old geezer who has some obscure, decades-old bone to grind that has nothing to do with anything anymore. Which is the point of the joke.

"This Joke has been comprehensively ruined, through its explanation by Anonymous!"