Looking for good books on Napoleon's empire. What was his main ambition and goal (obviously to take Europe...

Looking for good books on Napoleon's empire. What was his main ambition and goal (obviously to take Europe, but why exactly)?
Any books on Napoleon's empire's features will greatly help.

Also post period uniforms. They're pretty much my absolute favourite.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/rqnADNEp
amazon.com/Campaigns-Napoleon-Historys-Greatest-Soldier-ebook/dp/B002YPOS4S?ie=UTF8&btkr=1&redirect=true&ref_=dp-kindle-redirect
amazon.com/Historical-Atlas-Napoleonic-Angus-Konstam/dp/1585748676
napolun.com/mirror/web2.airmail.net/napoleon/NAPOLEON_FOREVER.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dis OP
pastebin.com/rqnADNEp

Thanks for this user, but I feel like I'd need more stable and thorough citations... Really appreciate it though baud.

>I'd need more stable and thorough citations
i'm not sure if this is a joke or not, kek

but also I forgot to mention there is a section on "the consulate and empire" (-->english works part) that has exactly the books you ask for. happy reading senpai

also bookzz.org and libgen.io for free download of books

one more thing, check out several sections down at the foreign policy section, which will have books explaining napoleon's motivations no doubt

You're a godsend user.

A gift for you in return:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnks5ClXc-dvm8wyKle9nmKuCU_118JR

Chandler is the be-all book: amazon.com/Campaigns-Napoleon-Historys-Greatest-Soldier-ebook/dp/B002YPOS4S?ie=UTF8&btkr=1&redirect=true&ref_=dp-kindle-redirect

If you want a nice overview with maps, check out: amazon.com/Historical-Atlas-Napoleonic-Angus-Konstam/dp/1585748676

>80 bucks
>25 bucks

Thanks for these but just looking for easily accessible free shit f@m.

Then go read Wikipedia. You asked for books, I gave them.

How much impact did Sweden have?

go to a library dude

Charles XIV John of Sweden, aka Jean Bernadotte, was a major figure and one of Napoleon's marshals, and then he switched sides like a bitch and betrayed Napoleon.

I'm not in my home country, and only a few books were available in English. I am on exchange. I did find Geoffrey Ellis' Napoleonic Empire: Second Edition though, and will be making good use of it.

Fought a decent sized war with Russia over the land that is today Finland. Also was involved with some very large battles in Germany if I remember correctly. They were GB's only true and firm ally essentially throughout the entire wars, and even got knocked out of place and forced by Napoleon to declare war on Britain, which they did, but did absolutely nothing to Britain. I remember reading that Britain sold them thousands of muskets which they then used in the Finnish War 1808-09.

Philip Dwyer has an excellent pair, so far, of his Napoleon bio. For the Empire years read volume 2 "Citizen Emperor".
Or try Englund's "A Political Life".

Robert Asprey "The Reign of Napoleon"

Check out Osprey books, they specialize in uniforms.

Oh yeah I know that series for sure. Their books are totally dope.

solid shares f@m

napolun.com/mirror/web2.airmail.net/napoleon/NAPOLEON_FOREVER.html

Call me a faggot if I'm wrong, but as I understood it Nap didn't have a clear goal, or even an ambition.
He was an opportunist who took what he could and tried his best to keep it, but didn't really go out of his way to get more until pushed by other actors.
He certainly didn't want to conquer Europe.

As a general, he did his job, more or less. Then people enlisted his help for a coup and he said why not. Then he was in charge, and wanted to remain there, but he knew that the other consuls could be a threat and had to be removed. Then he was alone at the top and decided to become emperor because he liked titles and decorum.
And other countries kept declaring war and losing, so he had to imagine something to write in the peace treaties. So he put Joseph there, took a piece of clay here, but there was no plan.
Then he was on top of the world, except for the Russians and the Portuguese who didn't pay the respect he obviously deserved and the anglos who kept trying to ruin his empire, and he had to try to put them in line, not because he especially wanted to rule over Europe, but because he was emperor.

>be ultra-republican
>kinda successfull as a general, so becomes minister of war
>wanted to shoot Napoleon when he returned from egypt, only stopped by the other politicans because they needed him during the 2nd Revolutionary War
>when Napoleon came to power, he had to keep him, because he was just too powerfull and influental; even had to make him a marshal
>during the Battles of Jena/auerstedt he was walking with his division exactly to where Napoleon had ordered him, even when the two great battles were raging to his left and right just to prove Napoleon wrong
>Napoleon raged, but still somehow couldnt get rid of him
>during the further campaign against prussia/sweden did great, but releases all swedish prisoners despite orders not to do so
>was told to hold the super important central village during Wagram, but walked away in the night because he didnt feel like it
>got dismissed by Napoleon for being an insufferable asshole

>heard how the swedes were seeking a new king and brings himself into the debate because he treated their prisoners so well
>convinces Napoleon to support a french candidate for the swedish throne (without telling him of course, that he himself wants to be it)
>somehow gets elected to be king of sweden (remember, he was supposed to be die hard republican)
>plays both france and GB against each other, without commiting to either side
>when napoleon lost his army in russia, goes over the 6th coalition, becomes a major leader
>his northern front armies drew enough french soldiers north that Napolein lost the war in germany, but did as little as possible, so that hardly any french soldiers got killed
>prussia wanted to dismiss him for being obviously too pro-french; but he now swears to march directly into France

>"hey denmark, you really really should stay officially on the french side, I will meanwhile get a great deal for you when you finally come over to our 6th Coalition, trust me"
>takes all the english money and russian soldiers intended for the invasion of france, but instead attacks Denmark for being a french ally
>conquers and annex Norway from Denmark
>spend the rest of his life in luxury, fucking the most beautiful woman in sweden while modernizing the state and army
>his dynasty keeps ruling sweden until today

He truly was the King of Trolling

ty for the story, sounds like madman

the original savage

what a fuckboi. good story tho.

dope. thanks f@m