Why did sub Saharan africans not build stone structures?

Why did sub Saharan africans not build stone structures?

Other urls found in this thread:

emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-content/uploads/Risch_2002.pdf
journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1004393
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why don't Americans?

???

where are they gonna get all the stone from? the ground?. wood and other organic materials are just more available there. it's the same for why inuits build igloos out of ice instead of concrete

They did, there are hundreds of stone structures throughout Sub-Saharan Africa

SHOTSFIRED

The did, in Zimbabwe and East Africa in particular

The tribes of the Sahel in West Africa didn't because there was fuck all for stone for thousands of miles around. Most West African villages were mad from mud brick like pic related.

Wew lad

inb4 "No, I'm talking about the tribes who didn't build stone structures. Why didn't they?"

B-BUT MUH MALI SAND CASTLES

>when people start believing memes

like believing nordics don't build stone houses

We did

See Tichitt-Walata

Mud, wood, and Adobe make better insulation

Fuck stone

Most of them weren't smart enough for it, and could only really grasp building houses out of mud.

delete this

Timbuktu was not made of sand, nor was Djenne, Gao, or Niani

Low IQ. All of the stone structures ITT weren't built by Africans.

I can't tell if you're trolling or just retarded

advanced african architecture looks like an inferior version of gulf arabic architecture, which is already an inferior version of arabic architecture in general

It's true. Africans are literally incapable of building anything. All of the stuff ITT was built by outsiders.

Did black people really build this?

No

>Mudbricks
Meanwhile, Ethiopians were actually building castles and steles

Yes, but it probably has to do with Ethiopians being half caucasian.

>Ethiopians being half caucasian.

Black/Africa when it's something bad.
Caucasian/Ethiopia is not SSA when it's something good.

Ethiopian "castles" were built by Indians, Arabs, Persians, and Portuguese masons/architects

Haha

I noticed this ages ago

When it's about "FUCKING NIGGERS I HATE THEM SO MUCH FUCK FUCK FUCK GRRRR!!" we Ethiopians are black like all the other sub saharan africans

But when it's about positive things in Africa suddenly "they don't count as black"

For our purposes here, on the basis of numerous population genetic surveys, we categorize Africans as those with primary ancestry in sub-Saharan Africa; this group includes African Americans and Afro-Caribbeans. Caucasians include those with ancestry in Europe and West Asia, including the Indian subcontinent and Middle East; North Africans typically also are included in this group as their ancestry derives largely from the Middle East rather than sub-Saharan Africa. ‘Asians’ are those from eastern Asia including China, Indochina, Japan, the Philippines and Siberia. By contrast, Pacific Islanders are those with indigenous ancestry from Australia, Papua New Guinea, Melanesia and Micronesia, as well as other Pacific Island groups further east. Native Americans are those that have indigenous ancestry in North and South America. Populations that exist at the boundaries of these continental divisions are sometimes the most difficult to categorize simply. For example, east African groups, such as Ethiopians andSomalis, have great genetic resemblance to Caucasians and are clearly intermediate between sub-Saharan Africans and Caucasians [5].>Most recently, Wilson et al. [2] studied 354 individuals from 8 populations deriving from Africa (Bantus, Afro-Caribbeans and Ethiopians), Europe/Mideast (Norwegians, Ashkenazi Jews and Armenians), Asia (Chinese) and Pacific Islands (Papua New Guineans). Their study was based on cluster analysis using 39 microsatellite loci. Consistent with previous studies, they obtained evidence of four clusters representing the major continental (racial) divisions described above as African, Caucasian, Asian, and Pacific Islander. The one population in their analysis that was seemingly not clearly classified on continental grounds was the Ethiopians, who clustered more into the Caucasian group.

>1103744
Ethiopia is in Sub Sahara Africa. The reason why they were so successful in comparison is because they're half caucasian.

Part 1

Any sources for that claim
It was built by an Ethiopian emperor. You also have other examples of architecture not found else where in Sub Saharan Africa.

But it is known that African populations with close contact with Middle East populations, including Ethiopians and North Africans, have had significant admixture from Middle Eastern (Caucasian) groups, and are thus more closely related to Caucasians [14].emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-content/uploads/Risch_2002.pdf

Part 2

I live in a stone house in Ohio.

>Ethiopia is in Sub Sahara Africa. The reason why they were so successful in comparison is because they're half caucasian.

Lol no if you actually see Ethiopia in it's current state compared to to other more successful African ones or the fact that it was pretty weak for a long time and behind in development substantially after a certain point.

Fuck you nigger lover

Africa has no history

They all lived in mud huts with stone tools, their lives were those of cannibalistic hunter gatherers

That's what's so amusing about stormtards

Ethiopians and Somalis have been flooding more prosperous nations like Kenya for the last 30 years like Mexicans to America

Nice false flag leftypol.

I was talking about their past. The current issues are unrelated.

Most other African kingdoms or empires got cut short but put up a fight before they fell. Remember that Ethiopia was as much of a backwater feudalistic place as any other in the world and Africa. Ethiopia got lucky and got Italy as it's power to go up against even then it still lost Eritrea.

Even then the Ethiopia exceptionalism is pretty silly since humorously the ones who support it aren't even Ethiopian and do it jsut to shit on non-Ethiopian Blacks.

Not if you actually took the time to study their history. There are huge exceptions made for Ethiopia and why they did what they did. For example, they successfully fought the Turks, Egyptians, and Americans, not just Italians.

I'm not trying to shit on Non-Ethiopian blacks but you can't lump Ethiopians in with them either. Genetically, culturally, and historically, Ethiopia has far more to do with the near east they it has with the rest of Africa, which explains their achievements.

We are actually more aligned with other Africans. If you actually read unbiased work you'd know this.

Actually, while we ARE a mixed population we lean towards the rest of Africa

Not to mention our customs have more in common with the rest of Africa than the Middle East

Can you post a source for your claim then? I have already posted a study that indicated that you guys cluster with Eurasia than Africa.

Not really. You guys speak a Semetic language while adhering to Orthodox christianity. Injera isn't found elsewhere except Somalia and your architecture was influenced by Egyptians, Arabs, and Italians.

That was ethiopia though, a group that had contact with the wider world. Outside of them sub-saharan africa is hilariously primitive compared to civilizations in north africa (Egypt, the Phoenician colonies, Roman north africa etc.

Let alone compared to the civilizations of eurasia and even the americas.

I'm Oromo

We don't speak a semitic language

And most sub saharan africans are christian

Most of our cuisine is soup and stew like most of Africa

I'll give you architecture, but then again sahelian architecture resembles middle eastern architecture too

are you retarded?

You should read Roger Blench's views of Semitic languages in Ethiopia especially Gurage

Christianity was common in Northern Africa to the Sahara until Islam

Injera, Lahooh and Kissra encompass Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti and Kenya.

In essence is a sour porridge cooked on a clay, metal or stone griddle.

Genetically we cluster to fellow Africans, gulf arabs and the expansion of Levantine genetics is recent Yemen/Oman were once Cushitic.

Our architecture is a result of our climatic needs, not necessarily outside influence.

journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1004393

This is what I mean by you not knowing shit.

Everyone is inspired by some other peoples architecture in some way you have to remember.

I was referring to the Habesha who are the only speakers of a Semetic language in Sub Sahara Africa.

>Most Sub Saharan Africans are christians.
Yes, but Ethiopia is the only Orthodox nation in Sub Sahara, along with having their own church. The difference is that Christianity and Islam reached the rest of Africa much later than Ethiopia.

No, I don't know where you came to that conclusion.

>Roger Blench
I'll keep this in mind.

>Common in Northern Africa
I was exclusively comparing Ethiopia to the rest of Sub Sahara Africa and why your culture (religion) is closer to Eurasia than Africa.

>Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti and Kenya
Isn't it funny then that all those places directlt border Ethiopia? They are all located in North-East Africa too which make sense on how Injera got imported to those places from Ethiopia. You won't find it in West, Central and South Africa.

>Cluster
Which is what I was saying Southern Arabia and the Levant are Eurasian.

>Climatic need
In some cases yeah. But Steles weren't developed independently in Ethiopia. If they were, cool. Steles are found all over Eurasia and not in Sub Sahara Africa. Even Somalia has Steles, a characteristic of Eurasian culture.

>This is what I mean
So you guys are basically your own distinct group of Non African genes and you guys still have substantial non African admixture. It would help if you can pin point exactly where the article states that you guys are closer to Africans because I can't be bothered reading the whole thing besides the summary and abstract.

Whether you like it or not, you guys are a bridge between Sub Sahara Africa and Eurasia.

Islam actually spread pretty fast in Africa.
It just didn't reach the central areas or Southern parts that well.

Subsahara as a term is meaninglessness and ignores the long history of exchange

The food culture that developed is the result of a non-Eurasian grain culture that developed, just like the grain cultures of West Africa developed couscous and steamed grains align with an overiding porridge culture. More an example of Africaniety than anything else.

Central Africa doesn't have a traditional grain culture and Southern Africa's is a porridge based one that sprang the "crepe" cultures we know today.

You are talking out of your ass.

Christianity and Judaism is a reality from most of Northern Africa and Sudan/Egypt. The story of Christianity in Ethiopia is by that of a slave, not some overwhelmingly Eurasian influence.

You are cutting Africa into two broad groupings that have no basis.

You don't seem to understand. The cluster is to one another not Eurasia. Yemenites and Gulf Arabs like Saudi have these genes, because Ethio-Somali were there before lunchtime expansion.

Steles in the horn stem from standing stones which are found throughout the Sahel. It's not exclusively Eurasian, anyone who has a cursory understanding of African megalithic history could tell you that.

If anything they are continuations of Nabta Playa and the Green Sahara.

Stop trying to white wash my people.

Our genetics are native to the Northeast Africa, our genes are Africa. Simple admixture models do not encapsulate of genetic or migrational history.

Suck rocks because the genetics community basically is stating you are wrong.

Probably built by a brit eh

No

>Meaningless
It's not. It outlines the fact that the Saharan desert has been a barrier between North Africa and the rest of Africa and the effects that comes with it. West and Central Africa only really started having full contact with Eurasia during the middle ages, so you're ignoring thousands of years of isolation between Sub Sahara Africa and the rest of the world.

>By that of a slave
You're making seem bad. It's a noble story as Ezana freed Freumtius, educated him and became fascinated by christianity. No less dumb than that one Russian who decided to pick Christianity as the state religion because it allowed him to drink alchohol.

>No basis
It does. That part of Africa simply is more primitive compared to the rest which is largly result of lack of contact with Eurasia until the middle ages, due to the Sahara Desert.

>Not exclusively Eurasian
I've searched the internet and I found no mentions of steles in west/central Africa. If they do then they most likely wouldn't resemble the ones found in Ethiopia. Wikipedia doesn't have a single source for steles found in the Sahel. Meanwhile the kind of steles you find in Ethiopia look very similar to the ones found in Eurasia.

>Native to north-east Africa
Cool, but that doesn't change the fact that you guys are basically half caucasoids. The article stated that you guys are 30-50% admixed.

It wasn't a barrier Ffs people have traveled and lived in it since forever and fucking did trade.

Fucking theres been gene admixture between nations and ssa for long periods of time.

Ethiopian Christianity was because it accepted the teachings rather then being forced, brainwashed into it. He saying that the Christianity in Ethiopia is mostly indigenous and not something that Eurasians brought in.

Also no one uses Caucasoid anymore because it's a dated term. There's other terms that are more scientific and accurate that pinpoint populations better

WE

WUZ

KANGS

>Since forever
Then why was Africa primative compared to the rest of the world. Ideas get passed around and civilizations become influenced by others. It's been established that Ethiopia was civilized because of contact with Eurasia, something that the rest of Africa couldn't achieve due to the Saharan desert. This trading couldn't bring Africa to the standards with the rest of the world.

>Brainwashed
As is Europe according to your logic

>Indigenous
Freumtius came from Lebanon and was Phoenician. Is Lebanon not Eurasian? Christianity is absolutely an outside influence.

>No one uses Caucasoid anymore
Then what's the better way to describe HOA populations? They're certainly not Caucasian but not fully blacks either. They're half and half

Caucasoid doesnt mean european,europeans are one type of Caucasoid along with the indians, middle eastern people,central Asian people, north africans and probably the east africans that live in Eritrea and Ethiopia.

There's nothing wrong with mud and wood. If it's good enough for the Sumerians it's good enough for anyone.

Lutheranism is a solely European school of Christianity despite Christianity being a ME thing because it developed under a social and religious climate unique to Europe.
Same with Ethiopian Christianity.

Also let me ask you this who are the true blacks

I agree with most of what you're saying, but as far as I know Aksumite stele are based on an earlier tradition of standing stones from around the Sudan/Ethiopia borderlands. Yemen, which initially brought civilization to Ethiopia, doesn't have stele like that.

'Ethiopian' people are really native (at least since the neolithic) to Ethiopia, though they speak languages from outside. But their civilization, just like civilization in most parts of the world' was certainly introduced from outside.

why would you build something out of rocks when it's easier to build shit out of sticks and mud?

Because we're too busy eating burgers. Clearly the africans have some ancient snack that distracted them from stone.

>inb4 that one shitposter shows up that keeps moving goalposts

Never mind, he's already appeared.

>Ethiopians being half caucasian

/thread

Excellent first post to a shit thread

This is what happens on a message board filled with racists.

lack of stability and man power to live in africa is to fight everything evolved to kill you

It also counts when they're talking about Ethiopians and Somalis moving to Europe. They suddenly go from "Caucasian" to "nigger" really quick.

So does this mean that African Americans and other blacks in the America's are closer to whites?

cuz the "people" that originate from there are genetically inferior in terms of intellectual capacity.

I had a German professor who went on and on about how Americans build these houses with wood and how in Germany they use stone and the houses are far superior. Maybe that's true, but the way he went on about it was weird. Now I see it's a thing about Americans in general. I don't understand. there are brick and stone homes everywhere. Is it more about Europe not having much wood?

What do you say about the African diaspora that are super educated?

What about how extremely educated the Igbo are in education or how much of them are in good universities.

their bell curve is shifted to left. there will still be many people who are exceptionally intelligent and many who are exceptionally unintelligent. Whatever it takes for a thing like "civilization" to come into being, it seems to have been more than what they had.

Then what if Ghana were to become developed?

Their Iq would match other states that ate similarly developed. Most African states don't have the financial capabilities to fund schools and many parents can't find their bright kids all the way through school because they have to pay for it.

"black people" are as diverse a group as "white people". I would guess that some groups would be more intelligent than others. I'm a racist in the sense that I see difference between races. Individually, people are basically the same. if you teach a "white" kid and a "black" kid the same things then I would assume they would have a similar IQ. It's when you take 100 million of each and compare the way they've set up their lives that the real differences are seen.

>cuz the "people" that originate from there are genetically inferior in terms of intellectual capacity
hi, /pol/
how are you this evening ?

So then it's an issue of fucking society and not genetics.

No, it's definitely something innate in them. It's a hunch more than anything. something is missing as a group. Or is it because they didn't have access to rocks?

just innate. not innate in them.

Are you forgetting fucking the history,
you know the name of this board?

yeah it's Veeky Forums for history. do you believe that history shows that Sub-Saharan Africans are equal to other groups?

Hell North Korea It’s a well-known fact that the NK population is severely under-nourished, and the link between malnutrition in childhood and mental deficits later on is well established.

Kek
I live in a brick house though