Veeky Forums Draw Thread

We had a nice thread before with Just wondering if anyone has anymore stuff to share? Also forgive my doodle I just needed something to start the thread with

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=daTe4KiPaW4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't have anything to share, but that is breddy good

Thanks, I'm not very good at drawing but I'm practicing. I'd love to try out making some small-time comics or something in the future.

Nice pic! (I can never say no to anything from the high middle ages.)

Also I am still working on requested image from last thread.

I tried doing a little panel strip about a priest or monk, but I was winging it and things got weird fast. Don't really know what the end product is.

Perhaps in the future we can have the OP post take the tone of some drawthreads on other boards and we can encourage requests in addition to posting work. Sometimes these places are good for fun ideas.

Maybe an inqusitor looking back on what he did. His past self looking all happy and ready to serve Christ, only to end up seeing some true horrors because of that love for Christ.

Just a thought

Here is something I made after looking at some art made by Picts and other Celts

pretty neat.
I want to make a book or a catalog if you will, of all the kinds of patterns that appear in art. organized by time and culture.

I added shading to give it a bit more definition. I was thinking of drawing a doorway behind him, or a courtyard entrance, like he's a guard.

Interesting interpretation, thanks. Lovely designs by the way

I would love to take historic requests, maybe some scene that hasn't been portrayed well or some uniform or building or weapon that's only described, it would be awesome to be the first to draw a depiction of them.

> Love to draw historical stuff
> Love to draw furry stuff
> Probably would get in trouble for drawing a combo of both for Veeky Forums

B... b... back to /trash/ I go

Is this you?

Show me

No that's Aggrobadger. He will draw anything. Like ANYTHING if you pay him. That was a commission if I recall.

[spoiler]Gonna keep my face shut for now on who I am, but you probably saw me on /co/, /v/ or Veeky Forums at some point in the last 10 years. Maybe I'll pick up a request here and draw it during a break.[/spoiler]

Well, how about you draw people of a civilization you like as the most symbolic animal in their culture?

That would be really neat

Thank you, what program do you use to create the panels? My art comes from the very advanced and expensive MS Paint

Please simply don't do things in Veeky Forums at all. Stay in /mlp/ or whatever container board you guys have.

i've tried

Something I did last week
still learning how to optimally use this tablet thing

I'm too tired for this right now, CS is not cooperating

I just used Krita, there was a template for comic panels so I gave it a go

Sounds like you're having some trouble, would you like some advice? I like playing with design in terms with hybridized features and there are a few things I've come upon in doing so.

I have kinda done something like this, except its dwarfs and monsters.

these drawings are themed in the 30 years war.
nice I give it a 3/3

I like the horse.

last one thats worth a dime.

Have some doodles if ya'll want me to dump 'em.

are you the guy that drew the art in that warband mod, sayazn?

Can also do some small doodles.

No. (unless they are stealing my stuff.)

Do it.

Most of the finished drawings we're for an RP community, specifically for mount and blade. but I suppose the armor and what not is what's interesting, and the interpretation of the creator.

Looking over my stuff, it's mostly video-gamey stuff so I'll refrain from posting most of it.

I can still do some requests if you gys wanted to see some of your favorite historical figures do something silly.

That always seems to be the case.
Looks like some good stuff though.

youtube.com/watch?v=daTe4KiPaW4

Yeah, what I really want to find is some really realistic art of armor sets through out the ages and cultures, I always find some really good ones but no way of finding some sort of grand-master archive of all these armor drawings.

Any of you guys know of it?

Apologies for the terrible writing, not sure if I even got it right.

here are conical, Great helms and mail coifs from the high middle ages.
these would be all Greek, Latin and Arab.

I dig the cartoony style, I was hoping for more realistic style stuff, but hey man, anythin helps. I appreciate it.

I am with you though, if I could I would catalog every object in history with its several variations (or many depending on what it was)
most of my time studying is based on the high middle ages world round. 1000-1300 about. I would love more then anything to give the world a better understanding about how the world looks. of course as you said, you can only do so much with a cartoon style.

Mm, I'm glad to see you put so much effort into it though.

Don't give up, you have a lovely thing going, very admirable.

forgive my shitty handwriting. I am a plumber with shaky hands.

Seems we're the only ones in this thread, i expect it to die pretty soon.

Cheers my friend, I hope to see you in a more active thread my bud.

You as well! Good luck.

yeomen muster to repel the Danes at Visby

nice army. I like how there are more spears then anything else.
Also, how many different variations of the soldiers are there? I mean by its obvious that you did not draw them all separately, but they are mixed well enough that you have to look for repeating shields and coifs.

Have some Teotihuacan priest with a noblewoman

holy shit

bump

Can someone draw the battlelines at Cannae, or perhaps Hannibals double-envelopment of the Roman force?

If you're interested, there's this spanish comic book called Helldorado set in 17th century Caribbean or something, I dunno how good it is overall but the art is great (the artist is Ignacio Noe, primarily known on Veeky Forums for his cheeky erotic works)

Battle lines are fun to draw, if I find sometime in the coming days I can try to work on it. In the meantime, here is one I did for a thread on Veeky Forums

Thanks!

Yea I've seen it, it reminds me of the comic of the Aztecs by Mitton.

I did this the other day, I love frog helms.

This is fucking great. Frog helmets have interested me because it seems like such an odd-ball design. IRC, those were used for jousting, yes?

Yeah. They weren't that practical for real combat, it was just so you didn't get lance / shattered lance splinters in your face.

Yeah I guessed because there is no way that helmet would be all that useful in actual combat.

Anyone like drawing machinery?
This one isn't too Veeky Forums related aside from being inspired/ripped off from various Soviet APC/IFV's.

I'll call that a wrap up

>wish you were here

top kek, love it

I do, let me find where I saved it. In the meantime, take this medieval monk's interpretation of a cannon.
>contrary to the filename, it does not spin

Bump

Iis he blocking the sunlight so she can read her book easier? How chivalrous

bg for an animation.

about the norse gods?

Yep

Fix the sword.

>That Mario face on the Austro-Hungarian prince

Do you drawfags take requests?

I may be able to whip someting up before work tomorrow. What do you request?