Thoughts on this guy? I liked his video on the languisites

Thoughts on this guy? I liked his video on the languisites.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gDoIilJ-_Z0
youtube.com/watch?v=vqQdc0mX1_c
youtube.com/watch?v=I-rD4gD3Oe4
youtube.com/watch?v=bacLg-SNXPo
youtube.com/watch?v=CBY0bZWKehQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He'd be perfect for the role of Agent 47 in a movie adaptation of Hitman if he was fit and tried to be unexpressive.

I could never remember his name so when I needed to refer to him I would always call him that ancap guy that kind of looks like captain picard

Awful videos.

Not an argument

Stephan seems like an ok guy, there are certainly problems with his ideological lense but the only ciritisms i tend to see of his arguements involve personal attacks ect i.e. thunderfoots takedown video of him.

Stephans world view is pretty useful for identifying problems, but he just needs to know when its best to take off the ancap goggles.

Langusities?

Doesn't this bald french pervert make anal sex videos with young girls?

are you so high you are posting on the wrong board?

not an argument

>le ideology glasses LOL

Sargon, pls go

youtube.com/watch?v=gDoIilJ-_Z0

What a massive idiot.

>>sargon invented the concept of an ideological lense

Fucking millennials

Didn't say that, but Sargon made this arguably correct concept widely accessible to pseudo-intellectual teens everywhere.

>Anarcho Capitalism

>>Didn't say that
>>expecting not to be misrepresented when you communicate through memes

>>Sargon made this arguably correct concept widely accessible to pseudo-intellectual teens everywhere

Wait, you didn't learn about the concept in school? What the fuck are they teaching these days?

Also
>>pseudo-intellectual

Every time I see this term used I can't help but think that the person is projecting since they're implying they're intellectual by omission. What kind of intellectual ever describes themselves as one?

I don't agree with everything he says, in fact some of his stuff is a little off-putting, but he seems rather smart and does a good job of arguing his positions.

He gets a bad rap because he likes to be a bit edgy.

pic slightly related

A lot of intellectuals do.
>"Intellectuals have done important work in this field." - Person working in that field.

Reactionary 'anarcho'-capitalist who has now thrown his lot in with the alt-right. He's a cult leader in the same sense as Ayn Rand was as he tells his followers to abandon their families if they do not agree with his ideology.

>>"Intellectuals have done important work in this field." - Person working in that field.

That doesn't imply they see themselves as intellectuals though, just that the work that they do is important and their field contains intellectuals. Either way until you pulled that straight out of your ass. Face it, the people who use the term pseudo-intellectuals earnestly are typically the pseudo-intellectuals themselves.

He's a liar and a hack 2bh

hory sheeit

why are these threads still allowed,

it's obviously stephan posting this shit, trying to make himself a meme of sorts on here. not even joking.

stefan you're actually really boring and there's no point discussing anything about you

Almost every picture of him makes him look constipated and straining to push out a brick.

He copies in comments he get though e-mail.

Sure you do, Stefan

It's pathetic that you have to make shit up about him try to and make a point.

You know what's pathetic? making an hour-long video analyzing Frozen then calling yourself a philosopher for it

Haha holy shit

To be fair Frozen is the Disney princess story post third wave feminism, I don't think media has that much power over us once we understand it doesn't represent reality but this is stuff aimed at kids. Frozen arguable preps kids to accept feminist ideology.

Vile feminist ideology like "don't go through with an arranged marriage to a murderous asshole"

no

Yeah because it's not like he has 3281 other podcast episodes out there...

3281 other episodes filled with garbage like this He's a complete moron

ONE

It's the stark contrast from other Disney movies and the role of men in general in that movie that make it feminist. Also her violent response to being wronged.

I just realized I'm moralizing about frozen on the internet, jesus christ fuck you stephan

>It's the stark contrast from other Disney movies
Like Brave or Mulan, which did it better at that.

What the fuck happened after 40 seconds.

>>Brave or Mulan

They at least had a positive feminist message behind it. Like a take responsibility for yourself kind of deal, also not every single man in brave/mulan was an asshole

youtube.com/watch?v=vqQdc0mX1_c
youtube.com/watch?v=I-rD4gD3Oe4

youtube.com/watch?v=bacLg-SNXPo

>all these triggered STEMcucks

Got me to think a lot more about how I go about examining the sources cited for news/history I'm studying up on. I agree with him on some things, on others I feel he allows his zealous moral conviction to takehold of the conversation and steer it in a completely different direction. Fundamentally we're cool, but he can be a bit melodramatic and/or ridiculous at times.

youtube.com/watch?v=CBY0bZWKehQ

Interesting point made here

>it's only useful if somebody wants to buy it
How fucking retarded do you even have to be to believe that?

The dude proselytizes the free market as if it were one of those prime movers he apparently doesn't give a shit about. That should sum up my opinion of him tidily.

>personal attacks
saying he's dumbass a liar for saying stupid shit and lying isn't a personal attack
it's just an observation

why doesn't HE do something useful?
I'd like to see him try invent an iPhone without knowing what are semi-conductors and sub atomic particles
what a goddamn retard

Don't ruin the fun.

That's not an argument, friendo.

>>it's only useful if somebody wants to buy it

Who the fuck are you even quoting?

When i went through my ancap phase i like him. Bit too emotional 'wont someone think of the children'-y though. Checked back on him for the first time in a while and all his videos are now clickbaity.

whoops

This

Looks like Veeky Forums is really bad at making arguments.

Not an argument

not an argument either

>This whole thread

That's exactly what I am noticing about this thread. Thanks for making sure we're on the same page.

>>it's just an observation

Yeah, so

>>not an arguement

Take Thunderfoots take down video of him for example. The guy is a research scientist and stephan is a climate change denier who thinks more c02 is good for the planet, thunderfoot could have torn him a new asshole on that topic instead of trying to prove he's dishonest. I'm not interested in personal attacks even if they're valid ones, I'm interested in people discussing ideas because I'm not some sort of mongoloid who thinks I can only receive my information from people who appear to paragons of virtue. I don't need to like you to see merits in your arguments.

I LOVE HIM!!! GOD HE'S HOT!!! HE CAN FUCK MY ASS ANYTIME!!!

I like him because any time somebody takes him even marginally seriously I know that persons an idiot and to never trust them.

Who's bigger, this guy or john green?

BANE
A
N
E