"White privilege"

"White privilege"

As if all Brits during the Empire lived in mansions and owned slaves... when will people learn that life in Industrial Britain was extremely hard for basically everyone except for the upper class?
Kids were put in mines at like age 12 or younger, the smaller body sizes meaning they could crawl through smaller spaces.

>'Trappers' opened and shut wooden doors to let air through the tunnels. A trapper boy sat in the dark, with just a small candle, and no-one to talk to.

ITT: we post white privilege.

I don't think anyone seriously believes that all white people throughout all of history have been 'priveleged'. The term more refers to modern society.

In industrial Britain, the exploited class was formed from white people, in modern times much, but definitely not all, are formed of minorities.

A term like White privelege didn't exist in the 19th Century, idiot.

I disagree. Education puts a very strong emphasis on white exploitation of colonies, while ignoring that 90% of the whites had it just as bad.

>in modern times much, but definitely not all, are formed of minorities.

What are you talking about?

>he fell for the internet race war paradigm meme

>just as bad

This is an absurd false equivalency. Just look at British rule in India, where millions starved, not to mention all the other colonial injustices.

>inb4 muh white genocide

No white people today are descended from the kids who died in the mines.

Your family 'ad candles?? Bleedin' luxury!

Well the horrors of the industrial revolution are further dampened by idiotic racists and white supremacists. You see, if they accept that at one point lots of whites lived in shitty poverty and were dirty poor, dumb as fuck and shat in the streets, then they have to accept that the Blacks, Indians and Asians who do that today are therefore not racially inferior. So they will try to deny that whites were ever like that.

Back in my day we had but one room that was a meter square to fit a family of four, we loved that house we did

racists are fucking dumb news at 11

The "Education only emphasises white explotation of colonies" meme again.

I really don't get it. When I was in school we learnt almost nothing about what life in the colonies was like, apart from a little in Australia. Almost the whole curriculum was focused on ordinary people and their reaction to the industrial revolution, especially mine and factory workers, child labour and education, prisoners rights movements and the Suffragettes. I.e the problems of ordinary white people in 19th/early 20th Century Britain.

Fact is, just as there was exploatation of whites during the industrial revolution, there was also a far more aggressive system of colonial explotation of Africans, Asians and Indigenous Peoples that needs to be recognised and taught far more than it has been.

It's liberal capitalist exploitation that gives them shit lives
Also bringing them to the west to act as a cheap labour source helps no one

Yeah, but it's funny. Go to /pol/ and find someone shitting on Indians or Africans, point out how Euros were the same once, and watch them flip over backwards pulling out pathetic excuses.

>>choosing to work for pay is exploitation

You really don't think highly of the poor do you?

>Education puts a very strong emphasis on white exploitation of colonies, while ignoring that 90% of the whites had it just as bad.
Do tell me about the time the landowners in england were forced to grow so much poppy that their fields were fucking destroyed.

>The trapper was often the youngest member of the family working underground. Their job was simple: to open and close the wooden doors (trap doors) that allowed fresh air to flow through the mine. They would usually sit in total darkness for up to twelve hours at a time, waiting to let the coal tub through the door. It was not hard work but it was boring and could be very dangerous. If they fell asleep, the safety of the whole workings could be affected.
The image and reality is bit different.

Liberals want to obsfucate the true enemy, capitalism.

Landowners are 1% of the population you fucking dunce. That's EXACTLY the point. The rest of the population were basicly indentured servants. And this wasn't that long ago.

Did you go to school in Hicktown, Alabama or what?

No, I'm British

>Landowners are 1% of the population you fucking dunce. That's EXACTLY the point. The rest of the population were basicly indentured servants. And this wasn't that long ago.
I am talking about the impact of farming on the english soil system you faggot,
Forcing farmers to grow a nutrient intensive crop all year round that destroyed their productivity and made them subsistence farmers is far worse than having to work extra hard in the farm all day.

he is not wrong though. Most school curricula rightfully show the importance of colonialism in their own countries.

Many "white" countries never had colonies and endured terrible things (Poland suffered as much as any colony in the last 200 years) yet there's this bullshit "white privilege" being pushed around.
Not surprising though, it's the same people who think that slavery caused the industrial revolution, Blacks built the whole US and that Europe achieved everything because of the exploitation of Africa.

>Just look at British rule in India, where millions starved, not to mention all the other colonial injustices.
And a lot of Irish starved in the empire too when they decided not to give aid. "White privilege" didn't exist until the very late of 19th century and is paid for by the previous generation.

Was life this shitty for everyone but the upper class in America, France, Germany, etc. other big power during this period as well or did the British just really fuck up?

Life was particularly grim in the industrial towns of Northern England and Wales.

Oh no minorities do work for liveable pay. How exploited.

>liveable pay
Lol no, try surviving on China tier wages and see how far it gets you.

>when will people learn that life in Industrial Britain was extremely hard for basically everyone except for the upper class?
When the upper class stops using artificial categories "white" and "black", that have no ethnoanthropological basis, to divide the other classes.

Which means, apparently never, at least as far as the Anglos are concerned.

Enjoy your race war and identitarianism, stupid plebs.

It was pretty rough for everyone living in large cities, excluding the upper middle class and upper classes. Even if you earned enough to eat, and buy yourself somewhere to live, there was no guarantee you wouldn't fall ill, and that could fuck your finances up: no paid leave, no social security etc.

However it was the roughest for heavy industry workers, that's for sure, and it would have been the same everywhere, except maybe a couple of model industrial cities built for the purpose of operating a single industrial complex.

There were a lot of pretty easy jobs in American slavery, is the image and reality different in that context too?

IIRC the Irish weren't considered white.

But for every European having a shit life in industrial Britain, you can bet that there was some poor Indian or African that had it worse in the colonial Empire.