Christian theologians fought over tiny details about the Trinity forcenturies

>Christian theologians fought over tiny details about the Trinity forcenturies
>yet the details of heaven and hell are still barely defined by any church

I find it very strange that the Catholic church didn't settle on a clear definition of the afterlife in it's first few centuries. Even today, both hell and heaven are basically whatever you want them to be. Is heaven onennes with god or a place? Is it going to be on Earth or in another plain? Is there physical suffering in hell, or is it just the absence of God (whatever that means)? The answer is going to differ depending of which priest you ask. They didn't even decide completely if Purgatory exists or not (Pope Francis just ordered the revision of it's existence).

How come these concepts are so vaguely defined in Catholic dogma?

>inb4 it's vaguely defined in the Bible as well
The Trinity is not even defined in the Bible.

>Defining the afterlife

kek

Come on, goys.

Heaven is unity with God.
Hell is separation from God.

The Church has claimed this for a long while now.

It's like the horror movie monster being just a guy in a rubber suit that's never shown clearly.

Individual imagination is far better suited to defining Heaven and Hell in a satisfying way since they're both complete fabrications anyway so literally who cares.

The protestants tried.

How can you be separate from omnipresent being?

Because things like the trinity don't change anything for the believer.
Defining heaven and hell however will drive away a part of them, for example those who have difficulties seeing how contemplating god for eternity is a paradise.

The same way you hide from one.
Don't loudly announce your presence.

Isn't it a eternal hell without any chance for redemnation a bit arbitatorym, as there may just be a few seconds difference between when you still may let Christ into your heart and God makes destiny hit you with a buss?

It's more Unity/Seperation from Divine Love.

In fact, the suffering in Hell is like that of an /r9k/ pleb advocating MGTOW because WOMEN ARE BITCHES, FUCK THEM! and deep down being lonely and desiring love but the more they recognize that, the louder their abject hatred gets and the more miserable they become.

It is my understanding that upon death, saints go immediately to heaven. Normal people have to wait for judgement. Is this understanding correct?
Also are we given physical bodies in heaven? Is the resurrection of the dead the restoration of body and soul of everyone?

Elaborate on your scenario, because that sounds like there is contrition and a desire for reconciliation, just that death occurred in the quest for it. Which does grant salvation through a desire for salvation.

>saints go immediately to heaven. Normal people have to wait for judgement. Is this understanding correct?
No. All saved go to a Spiritual Refinery where they are prepared for their heavenly debut. Those called "Saints" are ones who have been purified and now may enjoy the Reward of the Lamb's High Feast. After all, Canonized Sainthood is only done posthumously.
1 Corinthians 3:10-15
>According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building on it. Each builder must choose with care how to build on it.
>For no one can lay any foundation other than the one that has been laid; that foundation is Jesus Christ.
>Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw—
>the work of each builder will become visible, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each has done.
>If what has been built on the foundation survives, the builder will receive a reward.
>If the work is burned up, the builder will suffer loss; the builder will be saved, but only as through fire.
The works that survive this fire, the good works, the virtues are what save us. The works that burn, the wicked works, are sin. We suffer in Purgatory's fire, but only through that fire are we purified of the wicked works and saved.

>Also are we given physical bodies in heaven? Is the resurrection of the dead the restoration of body and soul of everyone?
The Body doesn't get ressurected until the Second Coming, but it will be ressurected eventually as we profess in the Nicene Creed.

Not that user but it is pretty easy to imagine. You're on your deathbed filled with regret and someone tries to convert you. In scenario A, you destabilize for the last time and stop being able to think rationally in x minutes minus ten seconds, in scenario B you go in x minutes plus ten seconds. x is the amount of time it takes for you to have a conversation with the person about converting and to be successfully convinced.

Unless God purposefully delays until the conversation is over, in scenario A you died unconvinced while in scenario B you died convinced, and a few seconds would he the difference between an eternity of bliss and an enternity of torture.

Except God knows the contents of our heart better than we do and if we are on the road to saying "Do unto me according to Your Will" but die 5 minutes before that because you got hit by a truck, or, say, are a discerning will-possibly-convert atheist who is in a hostage situation where the gunman is calling for every Christian to identify themselves so he can kill them and you pull a Sparticus to save a targeted Christian (he's wearing a cross pin) so he can slip away to call the cops from a cellphone or grab the gun so you take the bullet instead but you still aren't convinced of God, you have a good chance of redemption since you displayed the Greatest Love, laying down your life for another.

>but die 5 minutes before that because you got hit by a truck
What about six minutes? Ten minutes? An hour? A single day? Two? A week? What is the cutoff for probably-hell vs probably heaven?

In the words of Joan of Arc:
>If I am not in the state of grace, may God put me there; and if I am, may God so keep me.

Have faith in the Loving Mercy of God.

There's my daily Jack.

>Have faith in the Loving Mercy of God.
That's not an answer.

In Christian theology it is.

What kind of answer would even satisfy you?

>>yet the details of heaven and hell are still barely defined by any church
I didn't know that you died and came back?