How would the west look if Islam had replaced Christianity in Europe during the Crusades?

How would the west look if Islam had replaced Christianity in Europe during the Crusades?

let me just get my crystal ball and find out!!!

We'd be colonizing planets and spreading Islam, because the Christian Dark Ages wouldn't have happened.

There's nothing wrong with speculation user.

that's Ali

how exactly does it replace Christianity DURING THE CRUSADES???

Spread from Spain

Similar to the way it does now, but pork and booze would be less popular.

Expect a lot of
>yeah, I used to attend mosque but now I'm more open to other types of spirituality
and
>it's okay for women to be imams and gays to marry, it's 1437!
and
>I can't believe people still believe in Qu'ran, it's obviously scientifically false, that's why I'm an atheist

Also, Christianity would be like Buddhism in the west. Seen as a morally superior religion by liberals, and hippies and yuppies would engage in watered-down versions of it.

how does that happen during the crusades? why aren't you using the 700s when they were actually trying to expand from Spain?

they tried that

do you think every christian man in christendom went on crusade or something?

Well Colonisation would have gone a lot differently. We'd probably still own them.

The world would also be a much more peaceful place, but that would be the same if the ME was all Christian too.

>>it's okay for women to be imams and gays to marry, it's 1437!
I believe Averroes made an argument for more inclusion of women in society, and that debates on female imams were actually a thing at one point.

Who cares? It's an alternate history thread.

Fantasy.

so even the appearance of being coherent doesn't matter? what would happen if Islam conquered europe during the Crimean War?

Well now that I think about it, maybe the secular kings and sultans on both sides reach an agreement and form pacts and condominiums, and perhaps even unions.

Because that's stupid an unrealistic. If you're going to do alternate history, do it right. Changes have to be somewhat reasonable.

Europe would be a shithole like all the countries Islam dominates.

Is is the way to go about it if at all. Let's say Richard I and Saladin take the proposal for their siblings Joan of Sicily and al-Adil to marry. And let's say the Angevins and Ayyubids remain extremely powerful dynasties in Western Europe and the Levant respectively. In the event that this condominium becomes a diplomatic force in itself and overtakes the Papacy (say, the HRE succeeds in subjugating the pope) as the arbiter of Christian-Muslim relations, then maybe in Spain, Hungary, Sicily, and Syria - and Byzantium if the Greeks also adopt the idea - we might have ecumenical patchwork kingdoms.

>Pelagius of Asturias succumbs to malaria, changing the course of history. The Umayyads smash the Asturians at the battle of Covadonga, thus completely conquering every square inch of the Iberian peninsula and opening a new frontier of the Islamic conquests: Western Europe.
>The Umayyads take more time to conquer the Antolian hinterland before attempting to besiege Constantinople, knowing that the Byzantines have naval superiority. This process takes a few decades.
>through a network of spies disguised as merchants, the Umayyads find the recipe to make Greek fire, thus reducing Byzantine naval superiority.
>While the land army was busy conquering Anatolia and setting up base there, a massive navy equipped with Greek fire is being built in the Levant.
>The Ummayads use a chunk of their now massive treasury (among other diplomatic agreements) to bribe the Bulgars (not Christians as of yet) to attack Constantinople from the West. Simultaneously, the Umayyads attack from the East and the respective navies fight at sea.
>The Umayyads win, conquer Constantinople around 730, relegating the Byzantines to a bunch of islands and setting up a second frontier of the Islamic conquests: Eastern Europe.

In the next centuries the Arabs, Turks, Berbers and others push the frontiers of Islam, dominate the Mediterranean to an extent only equalled by the Romans and convert Europe. There's a slightly better scenario.

Jesus = God
Muhammad = pawn of Satan who's now in Hell

Any questions?

>in Europe during the Crusades
Are you under the impression the crusades saved Europe from being Islamicized?

Women played an important role in the early church as well. Then that stopped as the religion grew older, now it's coming back. Islam's going through the same cycle, 600 years back.

You are wrong.

Any questions?

Umayyad bro

Do it right m8

why the braces?

Old /v/ meme, the 360 kid

I am not.

Any questions?

That would be gay. Who the fuck volunteers to be a degenerate

>hurrr durrr beta, chad, cuck, ayy lmao tbqh familia

>btw this is ali
I lold