HISTORICAL BADASSES

So Veeky Forums, I wanted to make a thread on the Landsknecht, but as that would be rather limited, let's have a thread dedicated to what you think are the most badass warriors / soldiers in history.
But also please red-pill me on the Landsknecht or at least tell me what i can read to learn about them.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Pujol_Garcia
youtube.com/watch?v=IzQ4Osnwmyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kek, flamboyant kraut fucks, mercenaries to top it off. Never will you find a more wretched bunch of vile cunts.

Bump

Yeah but wasn't their flamboyancy to just piss everyone else off? Like the way they had enormous codpieces and used to show their bare legs just to annoy and shock modest german etiquette?

So you make a thread about "badass people" and ask help to justify you own choice?

Pic related, The Catalan Company saved the Byzantine Empire, grew too powerful and maybe greedy, so leaders are assasinated and the troop faces a siege, which they defeat and process to rampage the Empire till they carved their own princedoms in Greece.
Aparently, words derivated from "Catalan" were used in various Balcanic languages to name ogre-like creatures.
Thats badass.

That is one big helm the guy in black is carrying.

No i asked if anyone could tell me more about these people who have a reputation of being bad-ass. God damn stop trying to jump on the slightest little thing to make others look stupid.
And yeah the Catalan Company seems pretty damn awesome.

I am not trying to make you stupid, I am trying to make you think, you make a thread, you should post something to contribute. Why the hell are they badass? Cause you say so? Elaborate you own thread, thats the point of making a thread.

>the most badass warriors / soldiers in history.

I'd say it's a toss-up between Ronald Speirs and Robert Leckie.

Another based Catalan. Not a soldier, but a spy.

Juan Pujol Garcia aka "Garbo".

He both was a Member of the Order of the British Empire and gained the Iron Cross from Nazi Germany.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Pujol_Garcia

Speirs IMO

I was asking Veeky Forums, read the OP, i said i was going to create just a thread asking about why the Landsknecht were considered badass, but decided to make it into a thread just discussing badass soldiers in general.

Nothing even comes close to the Ten Thousand Greek mercenaries and the Czechoslovak Legion of WWI.

From a thread about Nazi Intelligence

This is an interview to him, 4 years before he died.

youtube.com/watch?v=IzQ4Osnwmyw

It's in Catalan. Sadly I didn't find it with subtitles :/ (It's my mother tongue, but for most people here...)

>Landsknecht
no one wants to talk about those weak cucks

What a waste of SATANIC QUADS.

Meanwhile, have a gander at WILLIAM MARSHAL, EARL OF PEMBROKE

>was given as a hostage to KING STEPHEN by his dad
>ON A MOTHERFUCKING CATAPULT TO BE TOSSED INTO A WALL, but dad gives zero fucks. Kid William gives even less fucks and King Stephen feels absolutely terrible for trying to turn William into kidpaste (also because his dad basically abandoned him) and lets him go.
>fucks off to France (Normandy) to be trained by his uncle (William of Tancarville), becomes the butt of a joke and MANS THE FUCK UP (knights are supposed to make mad cash and William thought it wasn't, so when his lord asked for a gift, he had none to give despite having defeated many knights)
>visits a tournament with his uncle, PWNS the shit out of it and made MAD BUXXX
>quits his uncle's household to joun another uncle's (Patrick, Earl of Salisbury) household
>that uncle dies to GUY DE LUSIGNAN, he gets ransomed by Henry II's wife
>makes his living being a badass in tourneys
>Henry II puts him in charge of his son's marital training because of his exploits in Normandy
>literally undefeated in Tournaments
>so fucking badass even ROYALS were impressed
>knights Henry II's son because he's like that
>how does the brat pay him back? By listening to his podunk friends who said this motherfucking badass slept with HIS WIFE and kicking him OUT.
>goes back to REKKING FACES FOR FUN AND PROFIT, getting mad royal hookups from THE FRENCH (turned them all down, because he's motherfucking loyalty made flesh)

1/2 because holy shit this thing is long

2/3
>goes back to Henry II in 1183, asks for permission to join Henry's son in revolting against, yes, his king, and king fucking gives him all the blessings
>Henry the Younger dies of some disease, wants to be a badass Crusader, WILLIAM FUCKING DOES IT FOR HIM
>2 Years, bros it up with the KNIGHTS TEMPLAR, removes more kebab than most knights do in 7
>UNHORSES RICHARD THE LIONHEART (yes, that Richard the Lionheart. Richard was pissed at his dad, so he joined Phillip II. The unhorsing happened when Marshal was helping Henry II to escape.)
>returns home, get married to Isabel de Claire (he was originally offered Cartmel, a fief, which he took, and Heloise of Lancaster, whom he did not marry because "see HE WENT ON A MOTHERFUCKING CRUSADE FOR HIS SON, also UNHORSING RICHARD">Henry II dies, Richard becomes king, doesn't mind too much the whole unhorsing thing, because William could have killed him, but did not. Becomes regent while Richard is Crusading.
>England becomes BETTER under Marshal (also his lands, because he's also great at managing his lands)
>ransoms Richard from Saldin (one hell of a diplomat, also TWO YEARS OF CRUSADING WHILE MOST CHUMPS DID IN 7)
>John becomes King. Initially supports John againy Richard's son, also brokers peace between him and Phillip II. (There's something here about tributes and shit that might have triggered what comes later.) John is a cunt and calls Marshal a traitor, takes his lands and even tells his knights to force him (Marshal) to trial by combat. Also pisses off ALL THE BARONS by being shit at war. GUESS WHO COMES TO SAVE HIS BACON IN THE FIRST BARONS' WAR. YES, IT'S MOTHERFUCKING WILLIAM MARSHAL.
>was there when John Lackland Softsword signed THE MAGNA CARTA, but no one actually follows it
>John dies, last words were of Marshal and his LOYALTY

Holy fuck I need another POST.

3/3
>becomes regent to Henry III, reprints the Magna Carta
>tells the French to fuck off PERSONALLY, AT AGE SEVENTY, WITH A SWORD, AT THE BATTLE OF LINCOLN IN 1217.
>dies, becomes a Knight Templar, even Phillip II is singing his praises and shit.

From the son of a traitor, a landless knight errant to ruling over all of the Plantaget Empire, outlasting five Angevin kings and a shitload of abuse from that shitlord John, and most of it while smashing in the faces of his enemies. You can't make this shit up, folks.

The dude in charge of the baggage train was literally called the "whore sergeant". That's pretty kekworthy imo.

Richard was the hostage of Leopold II, not Saladin.Also, Richard had no recorded sons, so Arthur was Richard's COUSIN.

My bad.

>Nicolas Charles Oudinot, 1st Comte Oudinot, 1st Duc de Reggio (25 April 1767 in Bar-le-Duc – 13 September 1848 in Paris), was a Marshal of France. He is known to have been wounded 34 times in battle (by artillery shells, bullets [at least 12], saber slashes and thrusts).

>Not Adrian Carton "Frankly I rather enjoyed the war" De Wiart

>that picture
>1291
Why does Veeky Forums know so little about history? Seriously, Veeky Forums seems to be one of most uneducated boards on Veeky Forums when it comes to the very subject it's about.

Nice quads.

>red-pill me on the Landsknecht
They were considered poltroons in their own time. Famously they broke against the Swiss at the battle of Dreux.

Thank god the Gendarmerie (Not the police) was there to safe the battle.

That's why they're called great helms user.

Poltroon is such a good word.

Based. I need to read up on this guy.

Robert G U I S C A R D

Have you ever heard of or played Mount & Blade? This guy basically did a campaign in real life.

Born a noble, but as sixth son there was nothing for him to inherit. Go to the church? Plod about a court room?

No. He leaves Normany with 30 foot soldiers and 5 mounted troops. After a few years, he's conquered southern Italy and the pope named his Duke. As if he were a lord from Fire Emblem, he classes up from "Noble Adventurer from Normandy" to
"G U I S C A R D by the Grace of God and St Peter duke of Apulia and Calabria and, if either aid me, future lord of Sicily"