Martin Luther

Who was this faggot? Why do I keep seeing people talk about him on Veeky Forums? What did he do?

Other urls found in this thread:

scripturecatholic.com/salvation.html
scripturecatholic.com/justification.html
protestanterrors.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=kd66KXIbAjc
youtube.com/watch?v=xL2Hyve-kwg
youtube.com/watch?v=K_4RFoknrwc
youtube.com/watch?v=QIxkrFgb0CI
youtube.com/watch?v=nSC4WzS32VY
biblehub.com/matthew/10-32.htm
biblehub.com/acts/16-31.htm
biblehub.com/romans/10-9.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Perspective_on_Paul
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He made Europe a more Godly, peaceful, and prosperous nation. Bless you, Martin Luther.

he's the original shitposter

he just wanted to marry a nun and fuck her

he's the guy that threw the money changers out of the church I think

>Europe
>nation

The world's first famous, influential autist.

He's like that one guy who starts a thread because he wanna innocently enough straighten some part of the coverage of the Balkan war out a bit and then how to see who the whole thread collapses into Balkan shitposting.

He was the first protestant, and essentially created the protestant church

Rid Germany of the satanic Papist yoke, starting a process which would culminate in its unification and the glorious third Reich, until the Anglo-Judeo-Masonic, Bolchevik and Catholic demons joined forces to destroy Germany.

He's Martin Luther, started the whole protestant thing and that spiraled into the whole reformation

Lotta wars and deaths so Veeky Forums claims he's a savage bastard who caused war.

/pol/ parrots because they apparently are catholic???

He was a monk who didn't like that the catholic church was taking money for cheap salvation, wrote about it and posted it up. Not uncommon for the time but the difference with him is people actually started following it. Thus the protestant reformation and hundreds of years of war was ignited. Massive casualties ensued, but it's mostly peaceful now. He also hated the Jews. Before him all Christendom in Europe was mostly Catholic or eastern orthodox. Now there are hundreds of denominations.

Basically this.
>95 theses

The King of England created the Anglican church around the same time so he could divorce his wife. Some might call him protestant as well, though Martin Luther sparked the massive spread on continental Europe.

Fooled millions onto the path of damnation. He is naught but a tempter and betrayer and those that follow him are certainly bound for hellfire and suffering eternal.

Halloween 2017 will be the 500th anniversary of that shitpost (The 95 Theses). Get used to hearing about him...

>implying

He freed all the black people I think.

Not him but:

protestanterrors.com/

>"If your papist annoys you with that word (i.e. alone), tell him straightaway: Doctor Martin Luther will have it so: Papists and asses are one and the same thing. Whoever will not have my translation, let him give it the go-by: the devil's thanks to him who censures it without my will and knowledge. LUTHER WILL HAVE IT SO, AND HE IS A DOCTOR ABOVE ALL THE DOCTORS IN POPEDOM."

Amicable Discussions, I, 127, ‘The Facts About Luther’, O’Hare, Tan Books (1987), p201

[Roman gurgling intensifies]

[heresy intensifies]

>literally an accuser

[heresy intensifies]

youtube.com/watch?v=QIxkrFgb0CI

See F A I T H
&
W
O
R
K
S

>9mins in
>le rock is jesus xD
Trashed

He's the most famous sufferer of Autism after Issac Newton but his was arguably more severe

He looks like fucking chris-chan

Works are the inevitable consequence of faith.

Isaiah 26:4

>Jesus
>not the LORD God

>Romans
>reading the Bible

Faith without works is dead.

>Isaiah
I thought he was refering to Matthew.

>proddies
>biblically illiterate
pick two

Also,
>Jesus
>not God
top apostasy

Faith without works isn't faith and he calls Jesus the "Rock of Ages" which is a literal translation of צוּר עוֹלָמִים from Isaiah.

I think we can all agree that Jesus is the Son of God.

NOW THIS IS A STORY ALL ABOUT HOW
EUROPE GOT FLIP TURNED UPSIDE DOWN

AND I'D LIKE TO POST MY THESIS, JUST SIT RIGHT THERE
I'LL TELL YOU HOW WE CAN GET TO HEAVEN THOUGH FAITH AND PRAYER

IN EASTERN SAXONY BORN AND RAISED
IN THE MONASTERY IS WHERE I SPENT MOST OF MY DAYS

CHILLIN OUT MAXIN, RELAXIN ALL COOL AND WRITING BIBLICAL COMMENTARY OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL

WHEN A COUPLE OF PREISTS WHO WERE UP TO NO GOOD, STARTED OFFENDING GOD N' JESUS ALL THEY COULD

I POSTED 95 LITTLE COMPLAINTS AND THE POPE HAD ME BANNED

SO I SAID "Do what you like but here I stand"

protestanterrors.com/

>For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.”
2 Peter 2:20-22

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

- 1 Tm 1:15

I whistled for a ship and when it came near
The flag said Hanse and it had gold in the deck
If anything I could say that this ship was rare
But I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, Sven to Lübeck'

I pulled up to the monastery about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the scandi 'Yo home smell ya later'
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Reformation start-er.

youtube.com/watch?v=nSC4WzS32VY

A guy who showed us why a religious organization should not run an organized religion.

>>Taking advantage of a horrible event in the real world in order to justify your nonsensical fear mongering.

Fuck you cultist. Take your non-logic elsewhere.

Fuck organized religion. I don't need a fucking guru to tell me how to spiritually relate to everything. It's everyones private business and everyone who is trying to teach you about it is a fraud. Catholicism is literally cancer.

biblehub.com/matthew/10-32.htm

biblehub.com/acts/16-31.htm

biblehub.com/romans/10-9.htm

>sodomites burning
>horrible event
wew lad

Hell is real user.

No it isn't and it's high past time you and your ilk stopped using this board as your own personal preaching station or whatever the fuck you think it is. Discussion of religions does not = "all kooky cultists are allowed to come here and preach their nonsense".

I've seen it user.

I doubt it.

It's true.

Faith without works is dead.

See:

You know those awful, edgy, unempathetic sperglords that have no regard for basic human decency or anyone but themselves? They don't cease to be any of those things when they become Christians.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
- 2 Cor 4:16

Basically the Christian equivalent of shitposting with an image macro in response. Regardless, fuck yourself.

Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
- 2 Tm 4:2

>All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:23

>Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:20

I know man, I know, but still this is getting stupid now. Discussion of religion and the liberal arts was not meant to be some clarion call for all the stupid fuckers to come here and shit the place up.

You aren't welcome here, fuckwad. Get that through your thick fucking skull.

>no one posting the hottest new anti-papist toy

Yeaaahhhhh no.

You haven't, because the place doesn't exist and is just something that was built upon preexisting greek and hebrew concepts of the afterlife such as they were.

You know that "satan" character you talk so much about? Means something very different to the jews.

>You aren't welcome here
Not him but we're here to stay.

Don't be so sure of that, enough complaints to the mods and there will be new rules regarding preaching on this board, if and when that happens, you and your pals are gone.

I don't think so, friendo.

>All these salty catlickers

He was a friar who took a vow of chastity yet lusted a lot and felt bad, so finally he decided the Church is wrong saying sin is bad, and he quite and married a nun and started a new version of Christianity that says don't feel guilty or contrite, and if anyone says otherwise, they're a Babylonian ho.

>Straw man: The post

Take your trip off and post feet

does this mean everyone got that 666?
or are only the real evil people like vampires the 666 animals

What even happens here?

Well any given discussion of christianity almost inevitably turns into the resident preachers coming in here to try and convert people by posting bible quotes or whatever.

If you're referring to the image, it was apparently taken at a fire that broke out at a gay club somewhere and now these silly bastards are using it in their stupid crusade to try and scare people into being good little christards.

>If you're referring to the image, it was apparently taken at a fire that broke out at a gay club somewhere and now these silly bastards are using it in their stupid crusade to try and scare people into being good little christards.
Jesus Christ, that's disgusting.

Yep, and when you call them out on that sort of vile behavior you either get bible quotes or real knee slappers like "hell is real" or other such unsupportable claims. You can pretty much blame these idiotic zealots for why we can't actually discuss any sort of religious topic on here. Hopefully the mod starts banning them but I won't hold my breath. I'm a Veeky Forums oldfag and I know just how long a Veeky Forums subboard can go unmodded for.

Veeky Forums is a christian board now. deal with it.

This. Blue balled Catholic friar who wanted to bust a nut.

Deut. 32:4, "The Rock! His work is perfect, for all His ways are just; a God of faithfulness and without injustice."

2 Sam. 22:2-3, "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; 3 My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge."

Psalm 18:31, "And who is a rock, except our God."

Isaiah 44:8, "Is there any God besides Me, or is there any other Rock? I know of none."

Rom. 9:33, "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense, and he who believes in Him will not be disappointed."

Veeky Forums is a furry board

>Faith without works is dead.

Faith in Buddha is dead and has no works of the Spirit flowing from it.
Faith in Krishna is dead and has no works of the Spirit flowing from it.
Faith in Ghandi is dead and has no works of the Spirit flowing from it.
Faith in Zoroaster is dead and has no works of the Spirit flowing from it.

Faith in the risen Jesus Christ is life changing and has works of the Spirit flowing from it.

No, Veeky Forums just has a vocal minority of faggots.

Anyone who takes the mark of the beast in the future goes to hell. Anyone who does not is likely to be instantly killed, and at the very least must live off the grid.

Yup. History is His Story. He's running the show. He's calling the shots. And He's getting close to end game.

First /pol/, now Veeky Forums.

Semper Gumby. Always flexible.

>Faith in Buddha
>Faith in Ghandi
wot?

Nah, if anything Veeky Forums is less Christian now than it was at its outset, since /pol/ has been largely pushed away. We just have a couple of extremely vocal and prolific shitposters.

A man says to James "I have faith."

James says "Show me your works, so that I can see your faith."

Faith with James isn't the same as Faith with Paul; Paul always talks about Faith in the context of the risen Christ Jesus, and James is a Judaizer, wanting people to follow the Law of Moses.

James is the ignorant hick half-brother of Jesus who never believed in Jesus until after the resurrection.

Paul is the greatest apostle alive.

Anyone who relies on James over Paul has no idea what the New Covenant is.

I'd say faith in Buddha is less faith in the person and more faith that his teachings can lead you towards enlightenment and the eventual escape of samsara.

The flat earthers are better at stirring shit up than the creationists are any way.

Oh, I quite disagree. As do all of the christians taking over this board.

History is God's story to tell, not yours.

Yes, and it will never produce the fruits of the Spirit of God. It produces other things.

You are not sure if there is a God, but you know the world is essentially an oblate spheroid.

So you just refuted yourself.

Yes, I'm sure the local shitposters would disagree with that statement. But the fact is you're taking over precisely jack and shit. Ruining a few threads doesn't constitute taking over, it just constitutes giving people good grounds to whine hard enough to the mods to change the rules to start banning.

Still dumb to talk about "faith in Budha" while talking about faith in Krishna or Zoroazter ((Maybe even faith in Zoroazter is dumb while talking about faith in Krishna))
Like talking about faith in Kant or Nietzhe.

I hear more whining about how boring Roman threads are without us, actually.

>Gee, who's your favorite emperor, and would you sleep with him on the first date?

By contrast, many recent studies of the Greek word pistis have concluded that its primary and most common meaning was faithfulness, meaning firm commitment in an interpersonal relationship.[14][15][16][17] As such, the word could be almost synonymous with "obedience" when the people in the relationship held different status levels (e.g. a slave being faithful to his master). Far from being equivalent to "lack of human effort", the word seems to imply and require human effort. The interpretation of Paul's writings that we need to "faithfully" obey God's commands is quite different from one which sees him saying that we need to have "faith" that he will do everything for us. This is also argued to explain why James was adamant that "faith without works is dead" and that "a man is saved by works, and not by faith alone", while also saying that to merely believe places one on the same level as the demons (see James 2). The "new" perspective argues that James was concerned with those who were trying to reduce faith to an intellectual subscription without any intent to follow God or Jesus, and that Paul always intended "faith" to mean a full submission to God.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Perspective_on_Paul

It's true, but do you expect our local Christposters to understand the nuances of religions that aren't their own?

You don't know what the buddha said. People wrote stuff down. You take it on faith that the sayings came from the buddha.

Faith is merely the human ability to believe the unseen. You believe gravity exists, though you can only see the effects, not gravity itself.

>You take it on faith that the sayings came from the buddha.

The fact they came from the Buddha is actually fairly irrelevant, as its the merit of the teachings themselves that matter.

What the fuck are you on about?
And I am pretty sure the effect itself is called gravity, we are just not sure what causes it.

James was adamant about following the Law of Moses because he was a Judaizer. He was making Jews, not Christians. The Jews had no trouble with James teaching in their temple; when Paul tried, they tried to kill him.

If you listened to James, you would be baptized (a Jewish tradition to erase the past, and become a Jew), get circumcised, and dedicate your life to following the Laws of Moses.

If that's all you did, you would die and go to hell with the Jews.

And yet you have no problems ascribing them to the buddha, while you did not see him speak.

Because faith is not a religious word; it's a human ability. You can believe things you do not see.

As to the merits of buddhism, they are temporary, fleeting, and merely another way to walk down the road that leads to destruction.

Modern thought is that gluons cause gravitational effects. Or the Higgs boson, or some other boson.

Nobody knows. But you know by faith that if you throw a ball into the air, it will come back down, and you ascribe that action to gravity.