What historical events/eras would you like to see Hollywood tackle that hasn't already?

What historical events/eras would you like to see Hollywood tackle that hasn't already?

>inb4 byzantine empire

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LR7dNntU5oI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The government/monarchy during the Bourbon Restoration. I don't get why it's so ignored, there's lots to make drama about.

>family of the murdered king and queen return to the throne
>have to balance between the desires of this new generation of the French and the restoration of the Bourbon monarchy
>Marie Antoinette's daughter exhibits signs of PTSD and alienates the new court
>one of the family member is publicly murdered

etc

>'68 democratic convention

This

The russkies n' shits conversion to Orthodoxy

Seems to me you could make a game of thrones style show for the 30 years war. All the politics that lead up to it and the following of the Hapsburg monarchy and the like. Could be cool. Especially with the way the HRE worked back then with the court system.

That being said I can see how that would simply be to immense. All the stuff that would need explanation.

Ken Burns is currently producing lies about Vietnam to the tune of period appropriate sentimentalised music.

Hollywood would probably make Byzantium about a struggle of crypto-pagan freethinkers against the oppressive clergy.

Nestor Makhno biopic when?

>biopic
too much, maybe a drama where some couple gets swept up in utopian dreams then dragged back down to reality

>utopian dreams
>bad
youtube.com/watch?v=LR7dNntU5oI

BATKA MAKHNO
SMORTIT V OKNO

maybe that could be the moral of the story

but that's a good fucking plot though, if it ended with Makhno writing his memoirs and meeting a young Durruti and Ascaso it would be 10/10

An Enter-the-void-esque movie about Chavín de Huántar.

I'm going to say fuck you and mention The Byzantine Empire. There are so many things about it that could potentially work as movies or TV series.

Forgot pic.

I don't understand why it was inb4'ed

Voltaire: the movie.

The tragic life of the unconquored sun emporer

[record scratch]
"yep. That's me"
[camera pans to a conglomeration of Germanic atheists]
"no no no that's HRE -- *this* is me"